News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Shitty O'Keas  ( 145,587 )

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Shitty O'Keas
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2009, 06:04:18 PM »
Quote from: Simmer on January 06, 2009, 04:58:54 PM
I want to go to this, but I don't know what the vibe is.  Some people are excited to go.  Some people are saying this is going to be a trainwreck full of shit.  Which is it?  What will it be?  STAY TUNED.

Quote from: Weebs on January 06, 2009, 04:19:22 PM
creepily knocking on the back door of another apartment, asking if "Bad Kermit and TDubbs are there."

I lol'ed and I'm not afraid to say it.

The seeds for a Desipio Convention had been sown once before by Andy, and then followed up by the late Jake Potter (R.I.P.), who even posted this (even if he's dead, his words live on). We even polled possible locations, and Des Moines, home of the Rally Carp (R.I.P.), polled better than Jim Oberweis normally does.

Recapping: 2004 (with puzzling Dusty Baker love), 2005 (long version), 2006, 2007, 2008

In short, it's even creepier than you fear.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2009, 06:25:29 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 06, 2009, 06:04:18 PM
I want to go to this, but I don't know what the vibe is.  Some people are excited to go.  Some people are saying this is going to be a trainwreck full of shit.  Which is it?  What will it be?  STAY TUNED.

creepily knocking on the back door of another apartment, asking if "Bad Kermit and TDubbs are there."

The seeds for a Desipio Convention had been sown once before by Andy, and then followed up by the late Jake Potter (R.I.P.), who even posted this (even if he's dead, his words live on). We even polled possible locations, and Des Moines, home of the Rally Carp (R.I.P.), polled better than Jim Oberweis normally does.

Recapping: 2004 (with puzzling Dusty Baker love), 2005 (long version), 2006, 2007, 2008

I think that the Sloth has a favorite place in Black Lung, Illinois that would do nicely.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2009, 06:31:45 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on January 06, 2009, 06:25:29 PM
Quote from: Brownie on January 06, 2009, 06:04:18 PM

I think that the Sloth has a favorite place in Black Lung, Illinois that would do nicely.

I bet TDubbs is a regular.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2009, 07:24:42 PM »
Simmer,

K.O'S is normally a trainwreck full of shit with the douchebag level cranked up to 30. During the convention it's somewhere around 75. But if I had a choice between attending this event and doing pretty much anything else I could afford to do without getting arrested or shot by the police, I'd go to this. I'm just sayin'. You can always make fun of the douchebags and there were more ugly broads offering invitations to do things that might eventually lead to secks than I knew what do with last year. I hope there's no repeat of that action but a single bloke like you might just find something to get into in a dump like that. I'm just sayin'. And you get to meet Andy Fuckin' Dolan! My dad was so impressed when I told him I had. I also got to meet Len Kasper. My dad didn't care much about that... Just asked me what Dolan was like in real life. "Beefy.'
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2009, 08:13:22 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on January 06, 2009, 07:24:42 PM
Simmer,

K.O'S is normally a trainwreck full of shit with the douchebag level cranked up to 30. During the convention it's somewhere around 75. But if I had a choice between attending this event and doing pretty much anything else I could afford to do without getting arrested or shot by the police, I'd go to this. I'm just sayin'. You can always make fun of the douchebags and there were more ugly broads offering invitations to do things that might eventually lead to secks than I knew what do with last year. I hope there's no repeat of that action but a single bloke like you might just find something to get into in a dump like that. I'm just sayin'. And you get to meet Andy Fuckin' Dolan! My dad was so impressed when I told him I had. I also got to meet Len Kasper. My dad didn't care much about that... Just asked me what Dolan was like in real life. "Beefy.'

I could tell by his voice.  But he looks like Ray Romano in the rooftop pictures.  So, you know...paradox.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2009, 08:18:05 PM »
Maybe this time I'll make it into your place on the first try, as opposed to creepily knocking on the back door of another apartment, asking if "Bad Kermit and TDubbs are there."  However, as long as it results in Kerm asking a cab driver what's wrong with a bunch of dude's sleeping together, I won't mind.

Go to that same place and see what happens.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2009, 08:19:12 PM »
Quote from: TDubbs on January 06, 2009, 08:18:05 PM
Maybe this time I'll make it into your place on the first try, as opposed to creepily knocking on the back door of another apartment, asking if "Bad Kermit and TDubbs are there."  However, as long as it results in Kerm asking a cab driver what's wrong with a bunch of dude's sleeping together, I won't mind.

Please let the answer be getting kicked in the dick tip.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2009, 08:20:35 PM »
Simmer,

Any of the ugly broads flash their meat curtains?

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2009, 08:33:47 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on January 06, 2009, 08:19:12 PM
Quote from: TDubbs on January 06, 2009, 08:18:05 PM

Please let the answer be getting kicked in the dick tip.

I'm pretty sure I can show up at the right place and expect the same results.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #39 on: January 06, 2009, 08:42:05 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on January 06, 2009, 08:20:35 PM
Simmer,

Any of the ugly broads flash their meat curtains?

I don't think that chicks wear just crotchless panties to the bar.  I don't know where you're from pal.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2009, 05:59:36 AM »

Just beware of degenerates pretending to be Al Yellon.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2009, 09:55:00 PM »
Well, it looks like I'm in for this. I think I'm going to leave work at 3 (Just tell them I have a doctor's appointment or something). Hopefully be in the Chad's CONDO area around 630-700.. I'm not sure how I55 inbound is at this time and the 30-45 minutes beforehand. I would speculate that it's not too bad, right?

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2009, 10:48:39 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on January 08, 2009, 09:55:00 PM
Well, it looks like I'm in for this. I think I'm going to leave work at 3 (Just tell them I have a doctor's appointment or something). Hopefully be in the Chad's CONDO area around 630-700.. I'm not sure how I55 inbound is at this time and the 30-45 minutes beforehand. I would speculate that it's not too bad, right?

You might run into problems around the Joliet area, rush hour traffic tends to bottleneck between I-80 and Weber Road.  If it looks bad as you approach 80, I'd suggest taking 80 East to the 355 extension (just east of the Route 30 exit) and then taking that north to link back up with I-55, just north of Route 53 (Bolingbrook).  You'll have to pay a toll, but that stretch of road is generally pretty quick any time of day.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2009, 12:37:00 AM »
Quote from: CT II on January 08, 2009, 10:48:39 PM

You might run into problems around the Joliet area, rush hour traffic tends to bottleneck between I-80 and Weber Road.  If it looks bad as you approach 80, I'd suggest taking 80 East to the 355 extension (just east of the Route 30 exit) and then taking that north to link back up with I-55, just north of Route 53 (Bolingbrook).  You'll have to pay a toll, but that stretch of road is generally pretty quick any time of day.

And quite possibly the smoothest ride of any of Chicago's expressways.  Nice and wide, too.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2009, 07:51:25 AM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on January 09, 2009, 12:37:00 AM
Quote from: CT II on January 08, 2009, 10:48:39 PM

And quite possibly the smoothest ride of any of Chicago's expressways.  Nice and wide, too.

I don't really know what to add to this thread; just that I really wish I could make it out to the Convention and get arrested with you fellas.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.