News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Shitty O'Keas  ( 145,467 )

CT II

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Shitty O'Keas
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2009, 08:28:58 AM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on January 09, 2009, 12:37:00 AM
Quote from: CT II on January 08, 2009, 10:48:39 PM
Quote from: IrishYeti on January 08, 2009, 09:55:00 PM
Well, it looks like I'm in for this. I think I'm going to leave work at 3 (Just tell them I have a doctor's appointment or something). Hopefully be in the Chad's CONDO area around 630-700.. I'm not sure how I55 inbound is at this time and the 30-45 minutes beforehand. I would speculate that it's not too bad, right?

You might run into problems around the Joliet area, rush hour traffic tends to bottleneck between I-80 and Weber Road.  If it looks bad as you approach 80, I'd suggest taking 80 East to the 355 extension (just east of the Route 30 exit) and then taking that north to link back up with I-55, just north of Route 53 (Bolingbrook).  You'll have to pay a toll, but that stretch of road is generally pretty quick any time of day.

And quite possibly the smoothest ride of any of Chicago's expressways.  Nice and wide, too.

When historians look back on the Blagojevich Administration, the extension and open road tolling will be seen as his greatest achievements.
I don't get this KurtEvans Photoshop at all

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2009, 08:50:35 AM »
Quote from: CT II on January 09, 2009, 08:28:58 AM
When historians look back on the Blagojevich Administration, the extension and open road tolling will be seen as his greatest achievements.
Actually, that would make him considered a pretty accomplished governor relative to most in the history of Illinois.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2009, 03:55:43 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on January 09, 2009, 08:50:35 AM
Actually, that would make him considered a pretty accomplished governor relative to most in the history of Illinois.

We shall not forget, he also single-handedly saved all of these poor bastards. 

Don't believe it?  Just ask him.

Hopefully I can get to Kitty's before heading out for the Desipio ice soccer orgy (no ghey stuff though).

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2009, 06:35:12 PM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on January 09, 2009, 03:55:43 PM

Hopefully I can get to Kitty's before heading out for the Desipio ice soccer orgy (no ghey stuff though).

You're going to teh Hocks game? Tits! You sitting with us? Or do you have a fancy seat with a TV and fridge near it? I've watched most games like that this season. It's more fun sitting next to Fork though. I don't know why exactly. It just is. I think he spikes my soda with something.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2009, 09:42:07 PM »
Quote from: ~Apex on January 09, 2009, 06:35:12 PM

You're going to teh Hocks game? Tits! You sitting with us? Or do you have a fancy seat with a TV and fridge near it? I've watched most games like that this season. It's more fun sitting next to Fork though. I don't know why exactly. It just is. I think he spikes my soda with something.

There will be tits at the ice soccer game?  Hooray, bewbies!

No TV and fridge for me.  I'll be with Fork and the rest of you morans up in section 3-whatever we're in. 

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2009, 12:05:48 AM »
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on January 09, 2009, 09:42:07 PM

No TV and fridge for me.  I'll be with Fork and the rest of you morans up in section 3-whatever we're in. 

The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2009, 01:39:20 AM »
Sadly, I won't be able to make it to Shitty O'Keas--Pissburgh, 2 Penguins home games and the (hopefully still) #1 Panthers playing Syracuse on Big Monday created the perfect storm to celebrate Dr. King's birthday.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2009, 03:14:45 AM »
Quote from: ~Apex on January 10, 2009, 12:05:48 AM

For real'd.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

CP

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2009, 04:02:03 AM »
Quote from: flannj on January 10, 2009, 03:14:45 AM
Quote from: ~Apex on January 10, 2009, 12:05:48 AM

For real'd.

To be honest, the fact that she has a bit of a bulge in her right side of her pants kinda scares me

DwightKurtz

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2009, 10:50:28 PM »
Quote from: Tank on January 06, 2009, 06:31:45 PM
Quote from: CBStew on January 06, 2009, 06:25:29 PM
Quote from: Brownie on January 06, 2009, 06:04:18 PM
Quote from: Simmer on January 06, 2009, 04:58:54 PM
I want to go to this, but I don't know what the vibe is.  Some people are excited to go.  Some people are saying this is going to be a trainwreck full of shit.  Which is it?  What will it be?  STAY TUNED.

Quote from: Weebs on January 06, 2009, 04:19:22 PM
creepily knocking on the back door of another apartment, asking if "Bad Kermit and TDubbs are there."

I lol'ed and I'm not afraid to say it.

The seeds for a Desipio Convention had been sown once before by Andy, and then followed up by the late Jake Potter (R.I.P.), who even posted this (even if he's dead, his words live on). We even polled possible locations, and Des Moines, home of the Rally Carp (R.I.P.), polled better than Jim Oberweis normally does.

Recapping: 2004 (with puzzling Dusty Baker love), 2005 (long version), 2006, 2007, 2008

In short, it's even creepier than you fear.

I think that the Sloth has a favorite place in Black Lung, Illinois that would do nicely.

I bet TDubbs is a regular.

But only because he thinks it's a part of the female anatomy.
"I will say that Kurt's pride in/self-awarenss of his geekhood is quite admirable." - Penfoe
So long, and thanks for all the fish

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: January 12, 2009, 05:48:08 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on January 10, 2009, 01:39:20 AM
Sadly, I won't be able to make it to Shitty O'Keas--Pissburgh, 2 Penguins home games and the (hopefully still) #1 Panthers playing Syracuse on Big Monday created the perfect storm to celebrate Dr. King's birthday.

and when exactly were you going to tell me you weren't taking the hockey ticket I had for you?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: January 12, 2009, 07:30:01 AM »
Quote from: Fork on January 12, 2009, 05:48:08 AM

and when exactly were you going to tell me you weren't taking the hockey ticket I had for you?

January 10th, 2009 at 1:39:20 in the AM.  What?  Down the the second isn't good enough for you?
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: January 12, 2009, 07:36:14 AM »

There were some bombs on the chick who did the contest in the 2nd intermission last night (hard to believe). Pat Boyle was overwhelmed.
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2009, 07:37:45 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on January 12, 2009, 07:30:01 AM
Quote from: Fork on January 12, 2009, 05:48:08 AM

January 10th, 2009 at 1:39:20 in the AM.  What?  Down the the second isn't good enough for you?

Dollars are more important than seconds.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2009, 08:02:42 AM »
Will there be an Al Yellon spotting at Kitty's? Will there be a confrontation at the Convention?
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass