News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: MLB 2K9  ( 110,013 )

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: MLB 2K9
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2009, 12:01:24 PM »
Quote from: Pre on January 19, 2009, 11:26:16 AM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on January 19, 2009, 08:45:31 AM
I don't know much about code and whatnot, but this shouldn't be very hard.  If they could do it before, they should damn well be able to do it now.

You'll be a lot less confused if you just ignore any comment that sounds authoritative from Weebs.  It's all straight crazy.

Well first you have to take into account all the Congluenomerative Code.  Then when they make Bypass ID Changes to the 7th String Command Line, it prevents the Residual Checksum Float Tables from saving on the Backend Memory Navigator.

So, yeah.  FACE!

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2009, 12:10:11 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on January 19, 2009, 12:01:24 PM
I don't know much about code and whatnot, but this shouldn't be very hard.  If they could do it before, they should damn well be able to do it now.

You'll be a lot less confused if you just ignore any comment that sounds authoritative from Weebs.  It's all straight crazy.

Well first you have to take into account all the Congluenomerative Code.  Then when they make Bypass ID Changes to the 7th String Command Line, it prevents the Residual Checksum Float Tables from saving on the Backend Memory Navigator.

So, yeah.  FACE!

It's awesome how oblivious you are.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2009, 12:16:23 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on January 19, 2009, 12:10:11 PM

So, yeah.  FACE!

I really hope nobody thought I was being serious with that last post.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2009, 12:25:35 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on January 19, 2009, 12:16:23 PM

So, yeah.  FACE!

I did... And I already bought my Backend Memory Navigator in hopes of being the next great video game creator (or so I can maybe navigate TDubbs' backend.. Not too sure)

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2009, 01:03:24 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on January 19, 2009, 12:25:35 PM
Quote from: Weebs on January 19, 2009, 12:16:23 PM

Well first you have to take into account all the Congluenomerative Code.  Then when they make Bypass ID Changes to the , it prevents the from saving on the Backend Memory Navigator.

So, yeah.  FACE!

I did... And I already bought my Backend Memory Navigator in hopes of being the next great video game creator (or so I can maybe navigate TDubbs' backend.. Not too sure)

I've already written out my [asexual robot voice] 7th String Command Line [/asexual robot voice], but I'm not how sure I am going to apply it to the [asexual robot voice]  Residual Checksum Float Tables [/asexual robot voice].  Maybe Yeti and I can combine our [asexual robot voice] 7th String Command Line, Residual Checksum Float Tables and Backend Memory Navigator [/asexual robot voice] for [asexual robot voice] interstellar domination [/asexual robot voice] of TDubbs' backend.

Although, I don't need all that fancy stuff to do that.  I've mastered TDubbs' backend months ago.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2009, 01:36:55 PM »
Two good-looking, but probably doctored and not-really-in-game screenshots of Lincecum are up.

Hire Jim Essian!

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2009, 02:03:34 PM »
They did not accurately capture his scary teeth, however. That's not very realistic.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2009, 02:09:36 PM »
Is that a robotic Johnny Evers coaching first base in the second picture?
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2009, 02:16:25 PM »
If this is an actual in-game screenshot, it looks like they did a lot of work on the crowd.  No more inexplicably empty seats in the lower deck.
Hire Jim Essian!

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: January 22, 2009, 05:36:52 PM »
DPD, looks like the information is starting to come out a bit faster.  Here's a more updated list of features (there's stuff at the link for Wii and PS2 versions, but let's be serious here).

QuoteXBOX 360/Playstation 3
• Living Rosters – Active roster updates guarantee your game is current. Rosters are automatically updated behind the scenes, so you're never late on a trade and always have the hottest players in your starting lineup.
• More Signature Style™ – 2K Sports adds to its impressive library of player–specific animations with more than 300 new signature animations, bringing players to life at the plate, on the mound and in the field, allowing you to play ball like never before.
• Next-Gen Controls – Right stick pitching, batting and responsive fielding bring your virtual baseball experience into the next generation. Improved two-step Precision Pitching™ controls, deeper Swing Stick™ batting and quick fielding responses round out your control of the game.
• Franchise Mode – Take charge of your franchise and enjoy the all-new MLB.com presentation style, a new level of CPU customization, multi-player functionality, and real player ambitions.
• Swing Stick™ Advanced – Now you can really Play Ball. Improved batting controls give batters the ability to influence hits with timing and aim. Improved hit distribution and variety deliver more hit types including spray shots, pulls, line drives and long bombs.
• Inside Edge 2009 – Inside Edge produces remarkably accurate player tendencies. With more than 6 years of scouting reports infused into the action on the field, Inside Edge ensures that players react to in-game situations as they would in real life.
• 2K HD/Real-Time Atmosphere – An all-new Virtual Director brings in-game broadcasts to life in real-time with smart camera placement, angles, and cuts. Real-Time Atmosphere adds to the presentation package by bringing nuances to life throughout the duration of a game. Lighting, umpires, ball boys and coaches all move and progress naturally and seamlessly for a true-to-life ballpark experience.
• New Broadcast Team – Gary Thorne provides the play by play calls alongside color analyst Steve Phillips giving a new perspective and more depth for a true-to-life, insightful
broadcast. With improved sound effects including real time crowd noise you'll feel like you're actually sitting in the park.
• Postseason Mode – New Playoffs Mode – Jump right into the post season without having to play through 162 regular season games. And if you win it all, experience a World Series® celebration in true championship style.
• Team 2K – An online competition lasting 10 weeks to compile a team of the best online players. Just play Ranked Quick Matches to compete and win prizes. * Void where prohibited. See 2Ksports.com/team2K for details.
• 2K Share – How do you play ball? Create, upload, and share rosters, sliders, and even players created with the all-new Player DNA feature. This also includes the newly added Reelmaker, where you can now direct your own digital video highlight reels and post them on 2KSports.com for all the world to watch and admire.

I'm pumped that they're leaving in the Swing Stick while adding the ability to aim.  I thought they were going to take a step backward and make swinging back into a button press.  I'm thrilled about the addition of Gary Thorne, but STEVE PHILLIPS???  REALLY???  I'm interested to hear what this "Living Rosters" thing is all about, and I want to see what the MLB.com presentation is like.  Looks like some good information, though.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: January 22, 2009, 05:49:09 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 22, 2009, 05:36:52 PM
DPD, looks like the information is starting to come out a bit faster.  Here's a more updated list of features (there's stuff at the link for Wii and PS2 versions, but let's be serious here).

• Living Rosters – Active roster updates guarantee your game is current. Rosters are automatically updated behind the scenes, so you're never late on a trade and always have the hottest players in your starting lineup.
• More Signature Style™ – 2K Sports adds to its impressive library of player–specific animations with more than 300 new signature animations, bringing players to life at the plate, on the mound and in the field, allowing you to play ball like never before.
• Next-Gen Controls – Right stick pitching, batting and responsive fielding bring your virtual baseball experience into the next generation. Improved two-step Precision Pitching™ controls, deeper Swing Stick™ batting and quick fielding responses round out your control of the game.
• Franchise Mode – Take charge of your franchise and enjoy the all-new MLB.com presentation style, a new level of CPU customization, multi-player functionality, and real player ambitions.
• Swing Stick™ Advanced – Now you can really Play Ball. Improved batting controls give batters the ability to influence hits with timing and aim. Improved hit distribution and variety deliver more hit types including spray shots, pulls, line drives and long bombs.
• Inside Edge 2009 – Inside Edge produces remarkably accurate player tendencies. With more than 6 years of scouting reports infused into the action on the field, Inside Edge ensures that players react to in-game situations as they would in real life.
• 2K HD/Real-Time Atmosphere – An all-new Virtual Director brings in-game broadcasts to life in real-time with smart camera placement, angles, and cuts. Real-Time Atmosphere adds to the presentation package by bringing nuances to life throughout the duration of a game. Lighting, umpires, ball boys and coaches all move and progress naturally and seamlessly for a true-to-life ballpark experience.
• New Broadcast Team – Gary Thorne provides the play by play calls alongside color analyst Steve Phillips giving a new perspective and more depth for a true-to-life, insightful
broadcast. With improved sound effects including real time crowd noise you'll feel like you're actually sitting in the park.
• Postseason Mode – New Playoffs Mode – Jump right into the post season without having to play through 162 regular season games. And if you win it all, experience a World Series® celebration in true championship style.
• Team 2K – An online competition lasting 10 weeks to compile a team of the best online players. Just play Ranked Quick Matches to compete and win prizes. * Void where prohibited. See 2Ksports.com/team2K for details.
• 2K Share – How do you play ball? Create, upload, and share rosters, sliders, and even players created with the all-new Player DNA feature. This also includes the newly added Reelmaker, where you can now direct your own digital video highlight reels and post them on 2KSports.com for all the world to watch and admire.

I'm pumped that they're leaving in the Swing Stick while adding the ability to aim.  I thought they were going to take a step backward and make swinging back into a button press.  I'm thrilled about the addition of Gary Thorne, but STEVE PHILLIPS???  REALLY???  I'm interested to hear what this "Living Rosters" thing is all about, and I want to see what the MLB.com presentation is like.  Looks like some good information, though.

I know they have the Living Rosters feature with NbA 2k9.  It's supposed to basically give daily roster updates to reflect how a player is on that day.  So if Aramis is going through a slump on May 14th, the roster update will have his stats down a little bit.  So basically you won't be waiting until the trade deadline for 2k to finally have the rosters with Andruw Jones as a 70 instead of a 94.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: January 22, 2009, 05:58:02 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on January 22, 2009, 05:49:09 PM

I know they have the Living Rosters feature with NbA 2k9.  It's supposed to basically give daily roster updates to reflect how a player is on that day.  So if Aramis is going through a slump on May 14th, the roster update will have his stats down a little bit.  So basically you won't be waiting until the trade deadline for 2k to finally have the rosters with Andruw Jones as a 70 instead of a 94.

Wow.  That would be badass.  2K hasn't been known to support their products that much post-release, so we'll see how it works.  It would be cool, though.  Hell, I'd be happy if it just meant that they'd add in player photos and stuff for guys like Fukudome who weren't part of the MLBPA at the time of the release.
Hire Jim Essian!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: January 22, 2009, 06:00:37 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on January 22, 2009, 05:58:02 PM
Quote from: Weebs on January 22, 2009, 05:49:09 PM

Wow.  That would be badass.  2K hasn't been known to support their products that much post-release, so we'll see how it works.  It would be cool, though.  Hell, I'd be happy if it just meant that they'd add in player photos and stuff for guys like Fukudome who weren't part of the MLBPA at the time of the release.

They always did have a problem with up-to-date rosters.  I'm sure there will still be more accurate user-created rosters out there, but I agree, if they have everyone on the right teams and at least have the ratings close to being accurate, I'll be happy.

5laky

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: January 22, 2009, 06:06:41 PM »
The way NBA 2k has integrated NBA.com in their Association (franchise) mode is really cool, actually. I think that will be fun.

Of course I'm still a long shot to even buy this game.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2009, 06:21:09 PM »
Quote from: 5laky on January 22, 2009, 06:06:41 PM
The way NBA 2k has integrated NBA.com in their Association (franchise) mode is really cool, actually. I think that will be fun.

Of course I'm still a long shot to even buy this game.

Does NBA 2k reflect trades and that sort of thing in franchise mode?  Or just player stats?