News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Burgers  ( 99,199 )

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Burgers
« Reply #300 on: March 21, 2011, 05:06:11 PM »
the Five Guys look to be heading to Belmont (just north of Melrose) and Broadway
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #301 on: March 21, 2011, 05:18:15 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on March 21, 2011, 05:06:11 PM
the Five Guys look to be heading to Belmont (just north of Melrose) and Broadway

That's great. I've never had Five Guys before. That seems like as good a place as any to experience it for the first time.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #302 on: March 29, 2011, 07:49:38 PM »

The Triple Undisputed burger. 9 patties, 11 slices of cheese, 3 lbs of meat.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #303 on: March 30, 2011, 09:00:20 AM »
Burgers are a bit more expensive at Hackney's now.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #304 on: March 30, 2011, 11:28:51 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 30, 2011, 09:00:20 AM
Burgers are a bit more expensive at Hackney's now.

Fuck that woman.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #305 on: April 06, 2011, 10:42:32 AM »

Patty Burger for lunch today.

Double Swiss and Mushroom and someone else is buying.

I win.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #306 on: April 06, 2011, 12:05:59 PM »
Quote from: flannj on April 06, 2011, 10:42:32 AM

Patty Burger for lunch today.

Double Swiss and Mushroom and someone else is buying.

I win.

Those burgers look fucking magnificent.  It's also within walking distance of where I'll be staying.  I don't think I'm going to need to eat anywhere else.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #307 on: April 07, 2011, 02:04:06 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 21, 2011, 05:18:15 PM
Quote from: thehawk on March 21, 2011, 05:06:11 PM

That's great. I've never had Five Guys before. That seems like as good a place as any to experience it for the first time.

Sadly, half of the local burgher faction has been wetting themselves over Five Guys coming to 53rd Street. IT'S A RENAISSANCE!

Then again, they've done it before.

[And I do mean burgher.]
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #308 on: April 07, 2011, 12:38:58 PM »
Pete Miller's offers "The Maximus"

THE "MAXIMUS"
the Mac-Daddy of burgers. 10-ounce
prime burger with fresh arugula and
roasted tomatoes served on a bun made of
two awesome grilled ham and cheese
sandwiches! 10.95

TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #309 on: April 07, 2011, 01:11:57 PM »
Quote from: Fork on April 07, 2011, 12:38:58 PM
Pete Miller's offers "The Maximus"

THE "MAXIMUS"
the Mac-Daddy of burgers. 10-ounce
prime burger with fresh arugula and
roasted tomatoes served on a bun made of
two awesome grilled ham and cheese
sandwiches! 10.95

God bless America.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #310 on: April 07, 2011, 05:00:32 PM »
Tonk's mention that Patty's is walking distance from where he is going to stay reminded me of a question that occured to me a long time ago.  Why didn't they name the streets in the order in which the presidents served?  It would have made it much easier for (some) visitors to get around.  Not to mention helping locals in American history class.  Instead we have Polk, Harrison Van Buren, Jackson, Adams (which one?) Monroe, Madison and Washington, in that order.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #311 on: April 07, 2011, 05:24:36 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 07, 2011, 05:00:32 PM
Adams (which one?)

I assume the elder, as Quincy is a block south.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #312 on: April 07, 2011, 05:27:10 PM »
Tonk's mention that Patty's is walking distance from where he is going to stay reminded me of a question that occured to me a long time ago.  Why didn't they name the streets in the order in which the presidents served?  It would have made it much easier for (some) visitors to get around.  Not to mention helping locals in American history class.  Instead we have Polk, Harrison Van Buren, Jackson, Adams (which one?) Monroe, Madison and Washington, in that order.

They are in order, just start with Washington and go the other way.

Washington (1)
Madison (4)
Monroe (5)
Adams (6) - this is Quincy Adams.
Jackson (7)
Van Buren (8)
Harrison (9)
Polk (11)

I don't know why Adams, Jefferson and Tyler aren't included, but the rest are in order.

Edit: I don't think this is actually true, meaning that Adams is actually named after the 2nd president, but it doesn't work with the rest of the order, so I'm changing it to Quincy Adams.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #313 on: April 07, 2011, 06:09:02 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on April 07, 2011, 05:27:10 PM
Tonk's mention that Patty's is walking distance from where he is going to stay reminded me of a question that occured to me a long time ago.  Why didn't they name the streets in the order in which the presidents served?  It would have made it much easier for (some) visitors to get around.  Not to mention helping locals in American history class.  Instead we have Polk, Harrison Van Buren, Jackson, Adams (which one?) Monroe, Madison and Washington, in that order.

Washington (1)
Madison (4)
Monroe (5)
Jackson (7)
Van Buren (8)
Harrison (9)
Polk (11)

I don't know why Adams, Jefferson and Tyler aren't included, but the rest are in order.

Edit: I don't think this is actually true, meaning that Adams is actually named after the 2nd president, but it doesn't work with the rest of the order, so I'm changing it to Quincy Adams.

Thank you, but now I am going to wonder why they excluded Adams 1, Jefferson and Tyler.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #314 on: April 08, 2011, 02:00:38 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 07, 2011, 06:09:02 PM
Quote from: PenPho on April 07, 2011, 05:27:10 PM

Washington (1)
Madison (4)
Monroe (5)
Jackson (7)
Van Buren (8)
Harrison (9)
Polk (11)

Thank you, but now I am going to wonder why they excluded Adams 1, Jefferson and Tyler.

And where, for the love of God, is Jimmy Carter street?