News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2015 NLCS Thread: Chicago Cubs vs. New York Mets  ( 34,641 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2015 NLCS Thread: Chicago Cubs vs. New York Mets
« Reply #375 on: October 21, 2015, 07:38:27 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 21, 2015, 04:21:45 PM
Look all, we're going to watch this game tonight.  I know some you don't want to, that this series has been a cold shower after the orgasmic high of beating the Cardinals, but you're still gonna do it.

And no matter what happens, we're going to bed unsatisfied tonight.  A loss ends what has been a gloriously fun season, watching a team full of young guys discover (or rediscover) their talents until they finally pieced the whole thing together and ran roughshod on the NL for the last two months of the season.

A win and, well, we get to do it all over again on Thursday, the only difference being that the faint glimmer of hope we have now will be just a little bit brighter.

All other talk can wait.  There will be time to reminisce on the past and speculate on the future when the offseason gets here.  Tonight, the Cubs have one mission before them, and that's to win one game.  They can do that.  Even the 1980 Cubs won at least one game.  Be this the last day of the 2015 season or the first day of the rest of it, I want to say I've very much enjoyed the revived baseball talk and return of names from the past on this here baseball board. 

Now let's get these fuckers.

Once more unto the breach, my friends, once more.

WELP

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #376 on: October 21, 2015, 07:38:50 PM »
Look all, we're going to watch this game tonight.  I know some you don't want to, that this series has been a cold shower after the orgasmic high of beating the Cardinals, but you're still gonna do it.

And no matter what happens, we're going to bed unsatisfied tonight.  A loss ends what has been a gloriously fun season, watching a team full of young guys discover (or rediscover) their talents until they finally pieced the whole thing together and ran roughshod on the NL for the last two months of the season.

A win and, well, we get to do it all over again on Thursday, the only difference being that the faint glimmer of hope we have now will be just a little bit brighter.

All other talk can wait.  There will be time to reminisce on the past and speculate on the future when the offseason gets here.  Tonight, the Cubs have one mission before them, and that's to win one game.  They can do that.  Even the 1980 Cubs won at least one game.  Be this the last day of the 2015 season or the first day of the rest of it, I want to say I've very much enjoyed the revived baseball talk and return of names from the past on this here baseball board. 

I was basically resigned to the fact that they were going to get swept. And then I read this and got a little bit hyped.

I'm out. Going to watch the new episode of Fargo and forget about this dickpunch. See you guys next year.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #377 on: October 21, 2015, 07:40:10 PM »
I'm only watching because I'm hoping somebody will earhole Murphy. I want blood before this is over.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #378 on: October 21, 2015, 07:44:40 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 21, 2015, 07:38:27 PM

WELP

I still really liked your post.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #379 on: October 21, 2015, 07:53:30 PM »
Screw it.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #380 on: October 21, 2015, 08:03:47 PM »
Hey guys, Weird Science is on Sundance Channel right now. Followed by Uncle Buck at 9.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #381 on: October 21, 2015, 08:26:37 PM »
Look all, we're going to watch this game tonight.

TINW. HTH. HAND.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #382 on: October 21, 2015, 10:14:18 PM »
Utley broke the wrong guy's leg.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #383 on: October 21, 2015, 10:39:32 PM »
I'm waiting for Manny to provide his synopsis.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #384 on: October 21, 2015, 10:39:57 PM »
Home plate umpire is a cocksucker.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #385 on: October 21, 2015, 10:47:21 PM »
And while we're at it, fuck David Wright and his "the city deserves this. The fans deserve this." bullshit.

Fuck New York and everybody who fucking lives there.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #386 on: October 21, 2015, 11:38:04 PM »
It takes a special type of skilled pitching staff to give up 8 runs, all with 2 outs, and 6 on the long ball.

Hopefully there will be significant improvements in that regard in the offseason.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #387 on: October 22, 2015, 08:56:43 AM »
I only watched to get directions on how to not watch anymore.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #388 on: October 22, 2015, 11:00:07 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on October 22, 2015, 08:56:43 AM
I only watched to get directions on how to not watch anymore.

The Official Motto of the 2010-2013 Cubs
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck