News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Red Dead Redemption  ( 46,251 )

Poon

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Red Dead Redemption
« Reply #45 on: May 12, 2009, 06:13:31 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on May 12, 2009, 06:03:35 PM
Quote from: Poon on May 12, 2009, 05:56:58 PM
Quote from: Weebs on May 12, 2009, 11:19:16 AM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on May 12, 2009, 10:55:29 AM
Quote from: Weebs on May 12, 2009, 10:14:28 AM
Thank.  God.

QuoteThese primary missions will be fairly lengthy, so much so that Rockstar is implementing restart checkpoints in some so that if you should fail, you don't have to repeat the entire challenge over again. "Some of them have long rides in them, and we've tried to make them as fun and as interesting as we could manage, but you may not wish to repeat it so you won't have to. I think in terms of missions there's slightly less than in a GTA game but they're longer in length."

Good.  The lack of checkpoints killed GTA IV for me.

It was annoying, but it only really pissed me off on the mission where you have to kill everyone at that construction site and when you have to kill a bunch of guys in this apartment complex, chase a dude up to the roof, kill him, and then get out of the area after the cops come.  Both of those got me to stop playing the game for a while.

That's kind of what I like about the GTA games.  Those really hard missions that make you take a break for a while.  Make the game last.  I'd rather have a game like that than one I run through in a week like nothing.

Unfortunately, that's also the worst way to start playing the game again.  Back on Gran Turismo 3, I stopped playing for a few months, and the first race I played after that time was one of those 2 hour endurance races.  I left my PS2 on for a solid week before getting through it.  That apartment complex mission in GTA IV took a while to do.

I know I've done a couple of the long winded ones.  Eh, I'll get back to it when I get back to it.  Probably when that expansion thingie drops in price for a week I'll grab that and start up the regular game again.

Having this love/hate relationship with Skate 1 right now.  

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2009, 09:50:23 AM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on May 12, 2009, 06:13:12 PM
Thank.  God.

QuoteThese primary missions will be fairly lengthy, so much so that Rockstar is implementing restart checkpoints in some so that if you should fail, you don't have to repeat the entire challenge over again. "Some of them have long rides in them, and we've tried to make them as fun and as interesting as we could manage, but you may not wish to repeat it so you won't have to. I think in terms of missions there's slightly less than in a GTA game but they're longer in length."

It was annoying, but it only really pissed me off on the mission where you have to kill everyone at that construction site and when you have to kill a bunch of guys in this apartment complex, chase a dude up to the roof, kill him, and then get out of the area after the cops come.  Both of those got me to stop playing the game for a while.

That's kind of what I like about the GTA games.  Those really hard missions that make you take a break for a while.  Make the game last.  I'd rather have a game like that than one I run through in a week like nothing.

Unfortunately, that's also the worst way to start playing the game again.  Back on Gran Turismo 3, I stopped playing for a few months, and the first race I played after that time was one of those 2 hour endurance races.  I left my PS2 on for a solid week before getting through it.  That apartment complex mission in GTA IV took a while to do.

Isn't that bad on the system?

And was there a varying difficulty level on GTA IV? Because I don't remember it to be as hard as all of you said it was.

I don't remember if there were different difficulty settings, but I can vouch for myself that I sucked at it because Niko controlled like a tank.
Hire Jim Essian!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2009, 10:04:32 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on May 13, 2009, 09:50:23 AM
Quote from: IrishYeti on May 12, 2009, 06:13:12 PM
Thank.  God.

Isn't that bad on the system?

And was there a varying difficulty level on GTA IV? Because I don't remember it to be as hard as all of you said it was.

I don't remember if there were different difficulty settings, but I can vouch for myself that I sucked at it because Niko controlled like a tank.

I just killed people. That's why it was easy for me. Fucking shotgun right between the eyes.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #48 on: May 13, 2009, 10:11:28 AM »
Thank.  God.

Not only are you a retarded loser that plays way to many video games, your sense of time and space is waaaaay off.
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2009, 10:21:16 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on May 13, 2009, 10:11:28 AM
Thank.  God.

Not only are you a retarded loser that plays way to many video games, your sense of time and space is waaaaay off.

God you're a pain in the ass.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2009, 10:23:52 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on May 13, 2009, 10:21:16 AM
Thank.  God.

Then use Astroglide. You two aren't fooling anyone.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2009, 10:30:28 AM »
Quote from: Fork on May 13, 2009, 10:23:52 AM
Thank.  God.

This is the point where I tell Chad that it's 10:30 in the morning and I've already had secks today, and then he says something along the lines of, "What's his name and what game system is he on?"  If he'd just admit his true feelings, that he's madly in love with me and is frustrated that I won't reciprocate, this could all end.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #52 on: May 13, 2009, 11:00:49 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on May 13, 2009, 10:30:28 AM
Thank.  God.

This is the point where I tell Chad that it's 10:30 in the morning and I've already had secks today, and then he says something along the lines of, "What's his name and what game system is he on?"  If he'd just admit his true feelings, that he's madly in love with me and is frustrated that I won't reciprocate, this could all end.

Just b/c you changed your facebook status to "in a relationship" doesn't mean you have secks in the morning.  At least not with a lady.  Sticking your dong in the PSbox790 doesn't count either.  Look, maybe at first we had something, and that was part of my frustration with you, but now it's to the point where I'm passed that.  It's now that you're a complete toolish loser. 

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #53 on: May 13, 2009, 11:07:20 AM »
Quote from: TDubbs on May 13, 2009, 11:00:49 AM
Thank.  God.

Just b/c you changed your facebook status to "in a relationship" doesn't mean you have secks in the morning.  At least not with a lady.  Sticking your dong in the PSbox790 doesn't count either.  Look, maybe at first we had something, and that was part of my frustration with you, but now it's to the point where I'm passed that.  It's now that you're a complete toolish loser. 

I guess I'll have to get pics next time.

RV

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #54 on: May 13, 2009, 11:08:27 AM »
This is the point where I tell Chad that it's 10:30 in the morning and I've already had secks today

This is where you fail, Romeo.

but now it's to the point where I'm passed that.

And this is where YOU fail, Biff.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #55 on: May 13, 2009, 11:11:10 AM »
Quote from: RV on May 13, 2009, 11:08:27 AM
This is the point where I tell Chad that it's 10:30 in the morning and I've already had secks today

This is where you fail, Romeo.

but now it's to the point where I'm passed that.

And this is where YOU fail, Biff.

No.  I literally am passed that. 

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #56 on: May 13, 2009, 11:28:55 AM »
Can you guys stop fucking up my Red Dead Redemption thread the entire message board?
Hire Jim Essian!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #57 on: May 13, 2009, 11:35:44 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on May 13, 2009, 11:28:55 AM
Can you guys stop fucking up my Red Dead Redemption thread the entire message board?

BK would appreciate if you would just continue to fuck up things he doesn't care about...like his own website.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Kermit, B.

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #58 on: May 13, 2009, 11:45:59 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 13, 2009, 11:35:44 AM

BK would appreciate if you would just continue to fuck up things he doesn't care about...like his own website.

Joke's on you.  The Shoutbox isn't on my server.
Hire Jim Essian!

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2009, 03:56:30 PM »

Hey, now.

TDubbs has lost a few ticks off his internet bully heater lately, and this place is like an A-ball rehab start for him.

He'll move on once he's reworked his mechanics a bit.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser