News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium  ( 138,553 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium
« Reply #135 on: May 23, 2009, 10:14:47 AM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on May 22, 2009, 11:49:31 PM

Intrepid Reader:  The Genius

Is that a significant number?
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #136 on: May 23, 2009, 12:47:47 PM »
Hey masturbate some more to the guy hittting .182 almost two months into the season.

It's almost like after he signed his 30 million dollar deal he just doesn't give fuck any more.

Maybe by the all-star break he can lift it above .200.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #137 on: May 23, 2009, 12:59:01 PM »
Quote from: MikeC on May 23, 2009, 12:47:47 PM
Hey masturbate some more to the guy hittting .182 almost two months into the season.

It's almost like after he signed his 30 million dollar deal he just doesn't give fuck any more.

The season started April 6th and Milt has missed a few weeks.  It seems his numbers are based on a sample size that reflects one month, not two.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2009, 01:07:04 PM »

Really?  I know he has struggled so far, but I just don't see the whole "he doesn't give a fuck".    

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »

Now I know I'm right.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2009, 03:10:17 PM »

It's oddly heartening to know that I still hate the piss out of you even when you actually talk about baseball.
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2009, 07:21:17 PM »
Hey, but Milt is up to .188 and he hasn't been ejected or hurt in a couple of weeks...

I'm sure he can get over the Mendoza Line before the All-Star Break.

Nice fucking work Jim. Maybe Creighton will take you back.

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #146 on: May 25, 2009, 01:26:13 PM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on May 24, 2009, 06:59:57 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=4245

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=3504

What's your point?  I know, I know.  Your point is that Ibanez is having a much better year than Milton Bradley.  And that Hendry, using his magical Hindsight Algorithm, should have signed Ibanez because it was so obvious to everyone Raul Ibanez would hit 17 home runs by the third week of May.

But what in Ibanez's history suggested it was a good idea to sign him?  He's going to be 37 this year, he makes Adam Dunn look good on defense and he's been stuck as a 820-ish OPS player for years.  All reasonable thought would have indicated that's a bad signing.  And sometimes, weird things happen like mediocre 37-year-old corner outfielders get really hot for two months and crush the ball.  You're crazy if you think he'll keep up his 1.151 OPS pace.

Actually, it's pretty clear that you're crazy, regardless of your belief in the preceding statement.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #147 on: May 25, 2009, 06:08:47 PM »
Quote from: Eli on May 25, 2009, 01:26:13 PM

What's your point?  I know, I know.  Your point is that Ibanez is having a much better year than Milton Bradley.  And that Hendry, using his magical Hindsight Algorithm, should have signed Ibanez because it was so obvious to everyone Raul Ibanez would hit 17 home runs by the third week of May.

But what in Ibanez's history suggested it was a good idea to sign him?  He's going to be 37 this year, he makes Adam Dunn look good on defense and he's been stuck as a 820-ish OPS player for years.  All reasonable thought would have indicated that's a bad signing.  And sometimes, weird things happen like mediocre 37-year-old corner outfielders get really hot for two months and crush the ball.  You're crazy if you think he'll keep up his 1.151 OPS pace.

Actually, it's pretty clear that you're crazy, regardless of your belief in the preceding statement.

Playing in a bandbox like Philly doesn't hurt either. Fuck Hendry for not signing Bradley and having him hit there instead of Wrigley in April and May where the wind blows in most of the time. But then again, I'm sure Ibanez could cut through that shit storm and rain splooge onto the the bleacher denizens for two months straight.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

LoneStarCubFan

« Reply #148 on: May 25, 2009, 06:10:56 PM »

What in Bradley's history indicates he's worth a shit for a full season unless he spends most of it as a DH?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #149 on: May 25, 2009, 06:50:32 PM »
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on May 25, 2009, 06:10:56 PM

What in Bradley's history indicates he's worth a shit for a full season unless he spends most of it as a DH?

What in your recent history indicates that anybody gives a shit what you think about shit?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.