News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium  ( 138,537 )

butthead

• Fukakke Fan Club
    • aj_vassallo@hotmail.com
Re: Crazy Uncle Milton's Shot Blasting Sploogefest Emporium
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2009, 04:27:50 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on April 23, 2009, 04:09:14 PM
Quote from: butthead on April 23, 2009, 03:55:30 PM
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on April 23, 2009, 03:47:17 PM
Quote from: butthead on April 23, 2009, 03:44:55 PM
Quote from: LoneStarCubFan on April 23, 2009, 02:23:58 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 23, 2009, 02:19:05 PM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on April 23, 2009, 02:05:22 PM
Quote from: Lance Dicksons Arm on April 23, 2009, 01:38:54 PM
I have a question for you octomoms.  Since this cat is hurt again and "day-to-day", why is he not just serving his suspension?  I'm puzzled by this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-cubs-bradley&prov=ap&type=lgns

Because:  http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=MLB&id=2962

If the player appeals, he can still play until there is a decision, right?

But he's not playing.

Point is: why not take your two game suspension if you're already sitting out a couple games anyways?

Because when you appeal the suspension usually gets shortened.

Plus, in this case, it's worth fighting it since the reason for the suspension is utter fucking horseshit of the highest order to begin with. The MLBPA should be raising hell about it.

Who cares if it is horseshit or not? And who cares if it is shortened? He could use two days off anyway. They probably should have put him on the DL right away.

Well, I would imagine Milt cares. And I would guess the Cubs do too. They need to make the point that Bradley shouldn't get suspended for something another player would not.

Any other player makes bill-to-bill contact in that situation and the crew doesn't even file a report.

I'm sure Milt cares. Maybe you're right, but I doubt it will make a difference with his reputation.

Not for nothing, but it also costs him two games' pay.

Big surprise...Oleg sides with the union.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2009, 07:30:44 PM »
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: April 25, 2009, 01:36:25 PM »
CD <3 MB

QuoteCHICAGO -- After playing one game at far less than full speed, Chicago Cubs outfielder Milton Bradley said Thursday he's not close to returning from a lingering groin injury.

"I want to say I am, but I'm not," Bradley told Cubs.com.

Bradley has not spoken to the media in at least a week. He spoke to Cubs.com because it is affiliated with the Cubs' organization, the Web site said.

Speaking of the fourth estate, the at-times-volatile Bradley accused Chicago's media of trying to make him "snap," a remark that comes on the heels of his ejection for arguing a called third strike during his April 16 pinch-hitting appearance, and the subsequent two-game suspension for making contact with umpire Larry Vanover.

"I'm just not into negativity," he said. "I can see already I'm going to be that guy that since nothing else is going on in here, 'We're going to harp on Bradley all year and see if we can get him to snap.' I'm not going to go for it. You can't get a good story if I don't talk to [the media]. You'll make something up, like you always do."

"If I talk to you, you're going to make something up, and if I don't talk to you, you're going to make something up. So just go ahead and make something up and leave me out of it."

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: April 25, 2009, 01:37:00 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on April 25, 2009, 01:36:25 PM
CD <3 MB

QuoteCHICAGO -- After playing one game at far less than full speed, Chicago Cubs outfielder Milton Bradley said Thursday he's not close to returning from a lingering groin injury.

Bradley has not spoken to the media in at least a week. He spoke to Cubs.com because it is affiliated with the Cubs' organization, the Web site said.

Speaking of the fourth estate, the at-times-volatile Bradley accused Chicago's media of trying to make him "snap," a remark that comes on the heels of his ejection for arguing a called third strike during his April 16 pinch-hitting appearance, and the subsequent two-game suspension for making contact with umpire Larry Vanover.

"I'm just not into negativity," he said. "I can see already I'm going to be that guy that since nothing else is going on in here, 'We're going to harp on Bradley all year and see if we can get him to snap.' I'm not going to go for it. You can't get a good story if I don't talk to [the media]. You'll make something up, like you always do."

"If I talk to you, you're going to make something up, and if I don't talk to you, you're going to make something up. So just go ahead and make something up and leave me out of it."

I hope you're not loving him ironically. Our love is true.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: April 25, 2009, 01:38:57 PM »
Quote from: Slakee on April 25, 2009, 01:37:00 PM
CD <3 MB

Can we make this a group thing?

Or would that be too gay?
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: April 25, 2009, 03:42:13 PM »
Quote from: Tank on April 25, 2009, 01:38:57 PM
CD <3 MB

Yes.

No.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: April 25, 2009, 05:52:29 PM »
CD <3 MB

Miltkakke?
Hire Jim Essian!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: April 26, 2009, 12:20:44 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on April 25, 2009, 05:52:29 PM
CD <3 MB

Miltkakke?

or...
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

MikeC

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: April 27, 2009, 02:02:06 PM »
Is this the thread where Bradley can do no wrong?

Let me know when the thread "Bradley is a piece of shit why did we spend 30 million on him to sit on the bench?"

How is that Bobby Abreu guy working out? What, he is hitting .375? Holy fuck thats like 27 times the hits Bradley has.

Fuck Bradley, his paper mache body and victim mentality. And who knew that this Bradley injury disease was contagious. Thank god we only have 3 more years of this bullshit.
Hail Neifi, full of hacks, thy glove is with thee

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2009, 02:04:19 PM »
Quote from: MikeC on April 27, 2009, 02:02:06 PM

Let me know when the thread "Bradley is a piece of shit why did we spend 30 million on him to sit on the bench?"

How is that Bobby Abreu guy working out? What, he is hitting .375? Holy fuck thats like 27 times the hits Bradley has.

Fuck Bradley, his paper mache body and victim mentality. And who knew that this Bradley injury disease was contagious. Thank god we only have 3 more years of this bullshit.

I can't possibly tell you how much I hate that I agree with you.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2009, 02:05:33 PM »
Thank god we only have 3 more years of this bullshit.
It's two if he spends 75 days on the DL.  It would be down to 59 if Hendry had any testicles.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2009, 02:09:55 PM »

ALL ABOARD ZEE DEWMWAGGONN!!!111///l.mlkasj
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Tank

• Folklorist/Library Cop
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: April 27, 2009, 02:13:40 PM »
Fuck Bradley, his paper mache body and victim mentality.

Seriously?

Milton just doesn't "get it"?
"So, this old man comes over to us and starts ragging on us to get down from there and really not being mean. Well, being a drunk gnome, I started yelling at teh guy... like really loudly."

Excerpt from The Astonishing Tales of Wooderson the Lesser

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: April 27, 2009, 02:23:36 PM »
EXCELLENT!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: April 27, 2009, 02:55:57 PM »
Can you believe Milton only got one hit this entire season? My god, he's awful. I hope he does better next season.