News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Ahem.... Harden to have surgery?  ( 9,039 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Ahem.... Harden to have surgery?
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2009, 10:30:02 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on July 17, 2009, 10:27:51 AM
For the day games Harden just needs use Kaplan's tanning plan prior to taking the mound.

Which is what? Rubbing Peanut Satay all over his skin?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2009, 10:30:12 AM »
Quote from: MAD on July 17, 2009, 10:21:08 AM
Quote from: Brownie on July 17, 2009, 10:12:07 AM
One theory to be examined would be that Harden always wears the pajama tops. There's a reason the Arizona Cardinals, Dallas Cowboys and Miami Dolphins like to wear white at home.

(no I'm not serious)

But why do the Redskins do it?

September afternoons in DC are not very chilly. If I remember right, Clyde Simmons once ran afoul of Buddy Ryan, and whatever he did people expected would result in a benching. Instead, Simmons started the opener at RFK vs. the Skins, and played, and played fairly well.

Someone asked Buddy Ryan why he didn't suspend him. Ryan said that he did better than a suspension. It was 90 in DC, about 10 degrees warmer on the field. What punishment is worse than making him play ... every ... down... in those green jerseys?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2009, 05:06:34 PM »
Interesting stuff on Rich's second pitch:

QuoteHarden is more or less a two-pitch guy now, though he seems to mix in a changeup. His real killer pitch isn't the change, however.

QuoteThe second graph is Mariano Rivera's cutter, a pitch that's I've heard is kind of good. It's lot faster than Harden's slider-thing, but the movement chart just struck me. I'm calling it a slider, though FG calls it a changeup. At any rate, it's a pitch that almost no one else is throwing, which is probably the reason Harden gets so many empty swings on it. Harden's only real problem is that he's been a fly ball pitcher since he cut down to two pitches, and he's been lowering his velocity while still pitching up in the zone. Wrigley Field also did him no favors, contributing to a career-high 15.1% HR/FB in 2009.