News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Shite Sox  ( 120,769 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Shite Sox
« Reply #285 on: December 09, 2014, 08:16:41 AM »
Quote from: SKO on December 09, 2014, 08:08:30 AM
Quote from: PANK! on December 09, 2014, 07:06:51 AM
Who are the players the Sox are giving up for Samardzija?  I thought the Sox didn't have any prospects.   And is it assumed they'll lock Snork up beyond 2015?

I have no idea who they gave up for him, general consensus seems to be the Siemien kid or whatever isn't bad but the rest are nobodies. Think price was so low because it's Not a lock they'll extend him beyond 2015.

So the Cubs got a blue chip player and possibly another solid prospect for what amounted to the White Sox' flotsam?

Poor Billy Beane, sheesh.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #286 on: December 09, 2014, 08:48:45 AM »
If Bort were still alive, he never would of stood for this.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #287 on: December 09, 2014, 08:52:46 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 09, 2014, 08:16:41 AM
Quote from: SKO on December 09, 2014, 08:08:30 AM
Quote from: PANK! on December 09, 2014, 07:06:51 AM
Who are the players the Sox are giving up for Samardzija?  I thought the Sox didn't have any prospects.   And is it assumed they'll lock Snork up beyond 2015?

I have no idea who they gave up for him, general consensus seems to be the Siemien kid or whatever isn't bad but the rest are nobodies. Think price was so low because it's Not a lock they'll extend him beyond 2015.

So the Cubs got a blue chip player Derek Fucking Jeter and possibly another solid prospect for what amounted to the White Sox' flotsam?

Poor Billy Beane, sheesh.

Hall of Fame'd.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #288 on: December 09, 2014, 08:53:05 AM »
Quote from: Fork on December 09, 2014, 08:48:45 AM
If Bort were still alive, he never would of stood for this.

He and the Sox deserve each other.

He'll crash to earth. Mark my words.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #289 on: December 09, 2014, 08:54:47 AM »
Sox fans are really happy about this so naturally I'm annoyed. This only serves to fuel the media if the Cubs miss on Lester and don't get a Name in a trade.

"It was supposed to be Theo's big offseason. No one was paying attention to the White Sox but Rick Hahn showed everyone that uggggggggggggggggggggggh"

I can't even complete writing that fake soon to be real story.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #290 on: December 09, 2014, 08:56:40 AM »
Also why wouldn't Beane start the year with Samardzija and flip him at the deadline?  Is he worried that the A's will accidentally compete for the playoffs, thus rendering the impetus to deal him--and then get nothing (except a draft pick)--moot?  Or does he think Samardzija actually sucks and his value will go down next year?

I just wonder what Beane's thinking was.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #291 on: December 09, 2014, 08:57:49 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 09, 2014, 08:56:40 AM
Also why wouldn't Beane start the year with Samardzija and flip him at the deadline?  Is he worried that the A's will accidentally compete for the playoffs, thus rendering the impetus to deal him--and then get nothing (except a draft pick)--moot?  Or does he think Samardzija actually sucks and his value will go down next year?

I don't think anyone knows what Beane is doing right now except Beane. That's why I can't wait to see the A's 7 games up in August while everyone tries to figure out what's wrong with Anaheim or whatever.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #292 on: December 09, 2014, 09:05:33 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 09, 2014, 08:54:47 AM
Sox fans are really happy about this so naturally I'm annoyed. This only serves to fuel the media if the Cubs miss on Lester and don't get a Name in a trade.

"It was supposed to be Theo's big offseason. No one was paying attention to the White Sox but Rick Hahn showed everyone that uggggggggggggggggggggggh"

I'd be happy to the extent that nothing of value was apparently given up; but their hope has to be that Sale, Snork and Quintana (and pray for mañana)  can carry them to the playoffs and beyond somehow (seems iffy to me with that lineup besides Abreu) because if Samardzija has another nice season, then in  the words of their retarded cracker play-by-play man, "he gone".

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #293 on: December 09, 2014, 09:06:52 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 09, 2014, 08:57:49 AM
Quote from: PANK! on December 09, 2014, 08:56:40 AM

I don't think anyone knows what Beane is doing right now except Beane. That's why I can't wait to see the A's 7 games up in August while everyone tries to figure out what's wrong with Anaheim or whatever.

Yeah I thought of that.  Somehow, he'll get a freakishly productive full season out of Semian and they'll compete.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #294 on: December 09, 2014, 09:12:49 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on December 09, 2014, 09:05:33 AM

I'd be happy to the extent that nothing of value was apparently given up; but their hope has to be that Sale, Snork and Quintana (and pray for mañana)  can carry them to the playoffs and beyond somehow (seems iffy to me with that lineup besides Abreu) because if Samardzija has another nice season, then in  the words of their retarded cracker play-by-play man, "he gone".

I still don't really know who the Sox have in the outfield that's any good and they definitely don't have any catching.

Eaton is probably a good player even though I hate him. Viciedo sucks. People are high on Avisail Garcia. What else? They're still really flawed. And 4/40 on a closer is just not my thing.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #295 on: December 09, 2014, 09:14:16 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 09, 2014, 09:12:49 AM

I still don't really know who the Sox have in the outfield that's any good and they definitely don't have any catching.

Eaton is probably a good player even though I hate him. Viciedo sucks. People are high on Avisail Garcia. What else? They're still really flawed. And 4/40 on a closer is just not my thing.

I'm thinking their best case scenario is similar to 2001 Cubs.  One guy on offense, good starting and relief pitching, still fade toward the end.  That's best case.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #296 on: December 09, 2014, 09:17:48 AM »

LaRoche isn't untradeable at 2/25. That's a lefty bat that somebody might need at the deadline. Between he and Snork, they actually could improve their team if and when this season doesn't work out. The Robertson deal is a puzzler. 4/46 for a closer is too high, too many years. It makes me think they actually are trying to win this year. And stranger things have happened than a team like theirs hanging around the Selig Card picture for an entire season, then losing Snork for a draft pick and flipping LaRoche for whatevs. It's fine whatever. I hope they all get small pox.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #297 on: December 09, 2014, 09:24:23 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on December 09, 2014, 09:17:48 AM

LaRoche isn't untradeable at 2/25. That's a lefty bat that somebody might need at the deadline. Between he and Snork, they actually could improve their team if and when this season doesn't work out. The Robertson deal is a puzzler. 4/46 for a closer is too high, too many years. It makes me think they actually are trying to win this year. And stranger things have happened than a team like theirs hanging around the Selig Card picture for an entire season, then losing Snork for a draft pick and flipping LaRoche for whatevs. It's fine whatever. I hope they all get small pox.

Yeah I mean the Samardzija thing is great if you're going to win this year. They aren't. And he's going to walk.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #298 on: December 09, 2014, 09:31:13 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on December 09, 2014, 09:24:23 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on December 09, 2014, 09:17:48 AM

Yeah I mean the Samardzija thing is great if you're going to win this year. They aren't. And he's going to walk.

Good.  I feel better now.  Good chat.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #299 on: December 09, 2014, 09:53:11 AM »

Couldn't Rodon be a part of the big league team for a significant part of the season? If so they could have a nasty rotation. Sale, Snork, Quintana, Rodon and oxycodone (for their opponents - because they'll need it after facing that staff!!)