News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The Chicago Shite Sox  ( 120,706 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The Chicago Shite Sox
« Reply #855 on: November 29, 2016, 03:40:42 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on November 29, 2016, 03:31:03 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on November 29, 2016, 02:24:59 PM
The Sox had let it be known that they will not talk with the Cubs about Chris Sale.

Because it's always a good idea when holding an auction to lock the bidder with the deepest pockets out.

Yeah, but what if the White Sox end up helping the Cubs break the curse? Think of the fallout.

Kinda want Theo and Jed to leak that they offered Scwharber, Eloy, Baez, and Happ and were rebuffed just to really make the Sox look stupid.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #856 on: November 30, 2016, 05:57:23 AM »
Quote from: SKO on November 29, 2016, 03:40:42 PM
The Sox had let it be known that they will not talk with the Cubs about Chris Sale.

Because it's always a good idea when holding an auction to lock the bidder with the deepest pockets out.

Yeah, but what if the White Sox end up helping the Cubs break the curse? Think of the fallout.

Kinda want Theo and Jed to leak that they offered Scwharber, Eloy, Baez, and Happ and were rebuffed just to really make the Sox look stupid.

That would make them look foolish, too.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #857 on: November 30, 2016, 07:41:11 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on November 30, 2016, 05:57:23 AM
Quote from: SKO on November 29, 2016, 03:40:42 PM

That would make them look foolish, too.

Nah, they can do no wrong right now. Cubs Twitter would explain in detail why this was good, actually.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #858 on: December 07, 2016, 04:44:12 PM »
The sell-off is definitely here. Sale for Moncada, Eaton for Giolito, very likely more to come. Not sure I'm ready for a competent, rational White Sox front office.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #859 on: December 08, 2016, 01:07:30 PM »
Also, if you're the Nationals, why would you trade for Eaton when you can just sign Dexter Fowler and keep your prospect powder dry? Weird.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #860 on: December 08, 2016, 02:04:18 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on December 08, 2016, 01:07:30 PM
Also, if you're the Nationals, why would you trade for Eaton when you can just sign Dexter Fowler and keep your prospect powder dry? Weird.

They're already close to maxed out on payroll as it is, Eaton is cheap, and they've been offering deferred money like crazy to FAs and some guys may prefer to get paid up front.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #861 on: May 17, 2017, 11:18:21 AM »
I feel the need to commemorate their hilarious loss last night. Tim Anderson homers in extras and Hawk is ready to leave the booth to "check on him" (blow him). They go to the bottom of the inning to lock it down but instead David Robertson (who is seemingly incapable of throwing anything but knuckle-curves over and over) and their defense have a total meltdown in the bottom of the inning and the Angels walk off. Cameron Maybin "doubles" on a feeble attempt to catch a shallow outfield popup by Anderson that I'm convinced Addison catches every time. Then Pujols "singles" to center on a ball that seemed to bounce off Leury Garcia's face. It was funny as shit, you guys.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #862 on: May 17, 2017, 11:32:12 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 17, 2017, 11:18:21 AM
I feel the need to commemorate their hilarious loss last night. Tim Anderson homers in extras and Hawk is ready to leave the booth to "check on him" (blow him). They go to the bottom of the inning to lock it down but instead David Robertson (who is seemingly incapable of throwing anything but knuckle-curves over and over) and their defense have a total meltdown in the bottom of the inning and the Angels walk off. Cameron Maybin "doubles" on a feeble attempt to catch a shallow outfield popup by Anderson that I'm convinced Addison catches every time. Then Pujols "singles" to center on a ball that seemed to bounce off Leury Garcia's face. It was funny as shit, you guys.

Garcia taking the game-winning hit off of his face was funny, otherwise I can't really spend too much time mocking a team trying to lose. Since they apparently aren't interested in moving Quintana to the Cubs I do hope he goes back to pitching like shit and cratering his trade value.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #863 on: May 17, 2017, 01:43:10 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 17, 2017, 11:32:12 AM

Garcia taking the game-winning hit off of his face was funny, otherwise I can't really spend too much time mocking a team trying to lose. Since they apparently aren't interested in moving Quintana to the Cubs I do hope he goes back to pitching like shit and cratering his trade value.

Telling Sox fans their team is "Cubs South" is one of my favorite things.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #864 on: May 17, 2017, 02:19:38 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on May 17, 2017, 01:43:10 PM

Being a Sox fan has to suck so much right now. At least Cardinals fans can fall back on the ELEVEN RINGS BITCH thing, dumb as it is, the Sox have absolutely nothing. One fluke of a title now over a decade ago.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #865 on: May 17, 2017, 02:29:42 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 17, 2017, 02:19:38 PM

Being a Sox fan has to suck so much right now. At least Cardinals fans can fall back on the ELEVEN RINGS BITCH thing, dumb as it is, the Sox have absolutely nothing. One fluke of a title now over a decade ago.

Cardinals fans also have the fact that their team is in first place right now, so there's that.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #866 on: May 17, 2017, 02:55:53 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on May 17, 2017, 02:29:42 PM
Quote from: SKO on May 17, 2017, 02:19:38 PM

Cardinals fans also have the fact that their team is in first place right now, so there's that.

That'll be over soon enough.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #867 on: July 19, 2017, 08:33:52 AM »
It's going to be hard to make fun of them from here on out. Rick Hahn is doing a solid Theo imitation.

Let's see how the draft goes for them, they've got some work to do if they're going to catch the Phillies for the first overall pick.
TIME TO POST!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #868 on: July 19, 2017, 08:45:02 AM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 19, 2017, 08:33:52 AM
It's going to be hard to make fun of them from here on out. Rick Hahn is doing a solid Theo imitation.

Let's see how the draft goes for them, they've got some work to do if they're going to catch the Phillies for the first overall pick.

Actually I think the easy way to make fun of them is to point out that the reason their rebuild is going so awesome is because normally teams that are rebuilding don't have a billion young, cheap, controllable players like Sale/Quintana/Eaton/Abreu to trade, because most teams would have spent money and figured out how to actually win something with that group.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #869 on: July 19, 2017, 08:59:07 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 19, 2017, 08:45:02 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on July 19, 2017, 08:33:52 AM

Actually I think the easy way to make fun of them is to point out that the reason their rebuild is going so awesome is because normally teams that are rebuilding don't have a billion young, cheap, controllable players like Sale/Quintana/Eaton/Abreu to trade, because most teams would have spent money and figured out how to actually win something with that group.

Yeah, but the change in the Sox's organizational thinking perfectly coincides with Hahn actually getting free reign. Kenny Williams is a fucking dunce. I don't even think you could find Sox fans who would argue that point.
TIME TO POST!