News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Glee  ( 12,269 )

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Glee
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 09:39:04 PM »
Quote from: Weebs on September 30, 2009, 09:17:37 PM
Almost no Jane Lynch in this episode sucks, but Kristin Chenoweth was great.  Also, I'm pretty sure that Chris Klein has to crouch in every shot because he's about 5 feet taller than everyone else.

You're a jackass.

I'm not sure I can get with this show. It's funny enough at times, and often the comedy is surprisingly sly. I'm just not sure how many of these Auto-Tuned musical numbers I can really handle.

I do appreciate that they named Stephen Tobolowsky's character Ryerson, though. (According to IMDb, he also played the character Mitch Myerson in Single White Female. Fun fact!)
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 10:01:30 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on September 30, 2009, 09:39:04 PM
Almost no Jane Lynch in this episode sucks, but Kristin Chenoweth was great.  Also, I'm pretty sure that Chris Klein has to crouch in every shot because he's about 5 feet taller than everyone else.

You're a jackass.

I'm not sure I can get with this show. It's funny enough at times, and often the comedy is surprisingly sly. I'm just not sure how many of these Auto-Tuned musical numbers I can really handle.

I do appreciate that they named Stephen Tobolowsky's character Ryerson, though. (According to IMDb, he also played the character Mitch Myerson in Single White Female. Fun fact!)

That fact is no fun at all.  Liar.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 10:33:37 PM »

Yeah, the comedy is definitely better than I had expected ("We'll get you sobered up. And find you some underwear."), but the musical numbers can be hit-or-miss.  Some are really good and the performers actually appear to sing, but there also some terrible lip-synching numbers, too.  Tonight's episode had too many of those.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2009, 10:41:38 PM »

Kristin Chenoweth was in tonight's?  You probably just sold Dubbs on this show.

About halfway through the pilot I realized the show was created by the guy who made Popular ... same themes, but not quite the same level of pure insanity yet.  It's a v. funny, silly show.  Like Stew said, it's not exactly subtle, but I'll watch this thing until it's canceled midway through its second season.
M'lady.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 06:54:44 AM »
Quote from: Eli on September 30, 2009, 10:33:37 PM

Yeah, the comedy is definitely better than I had expected ("We'll get you sobered up. And find you some underwear."), but the musical numbers can be hit-or-miss.  Some are really good and the performers actually appear to sing, but there also some terrible lip-synching numbers, too.  Tonight's episode had too many of those.

The karaoke bit was terrible.  I'm pretty sure the entire cast actually sings on this show, and the girl who plays Rachel was on Broadway, but some of the musical bits are just awful, awful.  See: "Gold Digger"

TDubbs

• TJG's 5th best writer
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 07:58:46 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on September 30, 2009, 10:41:38 PM

Why?  B/c I like hot older blondes with nice cans? 

It's a v. funny, silly show

You're a stinky fag.

And do people really think that it's Chris Klein in this show? 
THERE ARE TOO MANY MEN ON THE FIELD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 08:05:27 AM »
Quote from: Weebs on October 01, 2009, 06:54:44 AM

The karaoke bit was terrible.  I'm pretty sure the entire cast actually sings on this show, and the girl who plays Rachel was on Broadway, but some of the musical bits are just awful, awful.  See: "Gold Digger"

You understand they wanted to use this song as situational music while showing a montage of the teacher's wife, right?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 08:15:34 AM »
Quote from: Fork on October 01, 2009, 08:05:27 AM

You understand they wanted to use this song as situational music while showing a montage of the teacher's wife, right?

Will's wife wasn't in a single shot during that karaoke bit.  Or are you referring to "Gold Digger"?  If so, I was just saying that was terrible because one of the whitest guys on TV (Will) was trying to rap and failing miserably at it.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2009, 09:31:35 AM »
I'm pretty sure the entire cast actually sings on this show...

I think they do, too, but so much of it is Auto-Tuned all to hell that it sounds totally artificial.

Quote from: TDubbs on October 01, 2009, 07:58:46 AM

I'm pretty sure Weebs did.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2009, 09:41:41 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on October 01, 2009, 09:31:35 AM
I'm pretty sure the entire cast actually sings on this show...

I think they do, too, but so much of it is Auto-Tuned all to hell that it sounds totally artificial.

I'm pretty sure Weebs did.

Sadly, Chris Klein is less faggy than the guy on this show.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2009, 10:10:48 AM »
I liked the part where Kristen Chenoweth got indignant at being called "ancient" before saying the club looked like "the world's worst Benetton ad."

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2009, 05:03:41 PM »

Why?  B/c I like hot older blondes with nice cans?

You once said how much you like Pushing Daisies and sighted her as a reason. 

It's a v. funny, silly show

You're a stinky fag.

[/quote]

You're asking me?
M'lady.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2009, 09:40:34 AM »
Jane Lynch has one of the funniest roles ever written for television and she handles it perfectly. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2009, 10:45:32 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 08, 2009, 09:40:34 AM
Jane Lynch has one of the funniest roles ever written for television and she handles it perfectly just like every other role I've ever seen her in

Not that it really makes her any less funny'd

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2009, 10:46:13 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on October 08, 2009, 10:45:32 AM
Quote from: CBStew on October 08, 2009, 09:40:34 AM
Jane Lynch has one of the funniest roles ever written for television and she handles it perfectly just like every other role I've ever seen her in

Not that it really makes her any less funny'd

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

"For your Consideration" - far less butch in that one.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16