News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Score some fucking runs thread  ( 133,379 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Score some fucking runs thread
« Reply #525 on: April 08, 2015, 02:40:27 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 08, 2015, 02:33:02 PM
BUMP

Soler needs to get his head in the game.  Tripling instead of homering?  Showoff.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #526 on: April 08, 2015, 02:46:32 PM »
If they get shut out today, the Bryant MeatRoar is going to be deafening.

Score some fucking runs, please.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #527 on: April 08, 2015, 03:02:41 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on April 08, 2015, 02:46:32 PM
If they get shut out today, the Bryant MeatRoar is going to be deafening.

Score some fucking runs, please.

16 innings and counting.

They had a chance after the Soler triple and didn't get squat, although it sounds* like Lynn was pitching Castro really tough.

*I'm listening and not watching...
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #528 on: April 08, 2015, 03:18:09 PM »
Thank you.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #529 on: April 10, 2015, 05:40:13 PM »
The black hole of suck that is the 5-9 hitters in this lineup is tempting me to go full meatball and scream for Kris Bryant. Christ.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #530 on: April 10, 2015, 07:11:26 PM »
Quote from: SKO on April 10, 2015, 05:40:13 PM
The black hole of suck that is the 5-9 hitters in this lineup is tempting me to go full meatball and scream for Kris Bryant. Christ.

How about quit thinking you're a lawyer-serial animal adopter-significant BAC numbers expert, and bat the pitcher 9th?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #531 on: May 02, 2015, 03:50:09 PM »
Bump. Just 3 runs in their last 29 innings
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #532 on: May 02, 2015, 04:31:35 PM »
Quote from: SKO on May 02, 2015, 03:50:09 PM

31 innings now. Along with 46 strikeouts.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #533 on: May 04, 2015, 08:05:18 AM »
Quote from: Eli on May 02, 2015, 04:31:35 PM

Yeah, pretty sure Coughlin and Montero being tied with Rizzo for the team lead in HR won't continue being a thing.

Nothing is fucked here.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #534 on: May 04, 2015, 08:15:59 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on May 04, 2015, 08:05:18 AM
Quote from: Eli on May 02, 2015, 04:31:35 PM

Yeah, pretty sure Coughlin and Montero being tied with Rizzo for the team lead in HR won't continue being a thing.

Nothing is fucked here.

We've watched enough baseball throughout the years to understand that teams and players cycle through good and bad periods.  Most everybody on the team go off to a good start at the same time and then a number of guys struggled at the same time--most notably Soler, but also Bryant and Castro.

Can't speak for Bryant (though he's probably due to start hitting some dingers) but I'm fairly confident Soler's breaking out of his funk.  Castro won't stay in a slump much longer either.  Perfect timing, too, since they're headed to St. Louis to face a team that is conversely due to cool off.  Cubs will do no worse than a split, but I'm predicting they take 3.

*sips Kool-Aid*

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #535 on: May 04, 2015, 08:18:05 AM »
Hey what if we just never complained about anything ever?

Things are great, sports don't generate negative emotions, however temporary or seemingly unwarranted in the long term. The stoic PANK knows this better than most.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #536 on: May 04, 2015, 08:24:52 AM »
Quote from: SKO on May 04, 2015, 08:18:05 AM

Things are great, sports don't generate negative emotions, however temporary or seemingly unwarranted in the long term. The stoic PANK knows this better than most.

Oh I have plenty of things to complain about.  For example right now Chris Coghlan's frosting my ass.  That fuckhead better start hitting or he'll be done for good in this league.  

The team's lack of offensive production of late, however frustrating it is (and it is frustrating, I'm not going to pretend it isn't), does not greatly concern me in the long run.  They'll cycle out of it and have more good stretches than bad.

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #537 on: May 04, 2015, 08:51:40 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 04, 2015, 08:24:52 AM

Oh I have plenty of things to complain about.  For example right now Chris Coghlan's frosting my ass.  That fuckhead better start hitting or he'll be done for good in this league.  

The team's lack of offensive production of late, however frustrating it is (and it is frustrating, I'm not going to pretend it isn't), does not greatly concern me in the long run.  They'll cycle out of it and have more good stretches than bad.

Is this the same Chris Coughlan who is currently tied for the team lead in HR, or another one?

(not a meatball)
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #538 on: May 04, 2015, 08:53:32 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on May 04, 2015, 08:51:40 AM

Is this the same Chris Coughlan who is currently tied for the team lead in HR, or another one?

(not a meatball)

I heard Len say his BABIP is .212 or so during his current slump. He's been hitting balls hard of late. He's still Chris Coghlan enough for me.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #539 on: May 04, 2015, 08:54:12 AM »
Quote from: Median Desipio Chucklehead on May 04, 2015, 08:51:40 AM

(not a meatball)

Being tied for the paltry team lead of 3 home runs is not enough to outweigh him being shitty at literally everything else. I ain't firebarnin' him yet because the team needs him and I have some hope he might start hitting again, but Huey ain't wrong to have his ass chapped.