News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Score some fucking runs thread  ( 133,316 )

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Score some fucking runs thread
« Reply #690 on: July 23, 2015, 10:24:23 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on July 23, 2015, 10:16:42 AM
Quote from: Slaky on July 23, 2015, 09:04:23 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on July 22, 2015, 10:26:08 PM
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on July 22, 2015, 08:31:10 PM
Can we get a new third-base coach?  Tough to score runs when you send runners you shouldn't...and hold them when you should (the series in NY).  Fucking awful.

I thought the same thing for a split second (hold him up and go for a sac fly!), then realized that they were facing the pitcher who generates more swings & miss/strikeouts than anyone else and their offense is basically one big syphilis colony right now. You should think about stuff before you type it in to the computer.

I'm with Dickens on this. People were going nuts about the send on Twitter. KILL GARY JONES.

But when you have a chance to score vs. Chapman you make that OF throw a guy out. I'm fine with it.

JD said the same thing on the broadcast. Took a good throw and a shaky but effective play by a PANK at catcher to cut Fowler down. I love people with their 20/20 hindsight second guessing plays that didn't work on the internet. Then Maddon was a genius for pushing all the right buttons with guys hitting below their weight for the past two weeks and got a seeing-eye single and a gork to win it. You win some, you lose some. Don't be an idito.

Is this seeing-eye single the Bryant 2 RBI single that he fucking smoked right by the SS? Because that thing was hammered, hoss.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #691 on: July 23, 2015, 10:29:13 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 23, 2015, 10:24:23 AM
Can we get a new third-base coach?  Tough to score runs when you send runners you shouldn't...and hold them when you should (the series in NY).  Fucking awful.

I thought the same thing for a split second (hold him up and go for a sac fly!), then realized that they were facing the pitcher who generates more swings & miss/strikeouts than anyone else and their offense is basically one big syphilis colony right now. You should think about stuff before you type it in to the computer.

I'm with Dickens on this. People were going nuts about the send on Twitter. KILL GARY JONES.

But when you have a chance to score vs. Chapman you make that OF throw a guy out. I'm fine with it.

JD said the same thing on the broadcast. Took a good throw and a shaky but effective play by a PANK at catcher to cut Fowler down. I love people with their 20/20 hindsight second guessing plays that didn't work on the internet. Then Maddon was a genius for pushing all the right buttons with guys hitting below their weight for the past two weeks and got a seeing-eye single and a gork to win it. You win some, you lose some. Don't be an idito.

Is this seeing-eye single the Bryant 2 RBI single that he fucking smoked right by the SS? Because that thing was hammered, hoss.

Yeah I get that it was on the ground and went where they ain't but he put a good swing on it. It was a good AB.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #692 on: July 23, 2015, 10:35:43 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 23, 2015, 09:08:23 AM
Can we get a new third-base coach?  Tough to score runs when you send runners you shouldn't...and hold them when you should (the series in NY).  Fucking awful.

My initial reaction was rage against Fowler just because he's erased nearly every bit of goodwill I ever had for him as the guy that started his splooge thread with all of the fucking TOOTBLANs. Then RV pointed out the third base coach made the call, and then the second they IBB'd Soler to get to Teagarden I realized Joe probably foresaw all of this. The odds of a bad throw/dropped ball by the catcher in that situation are much higher than the odds that Taylor Teagarden would get that hit. It was an acceptable call.

It was Marlon Fucking Byrd.  I'd run on the pudgy little fat old prick 100 times out of 100.  Good on him for making a decent 1-hop throw but he still fucking sucks and I'd never not run on that fucking hydrant.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #693 on: July 23, 2015, 10:42:24 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 23, 2015, 10:29:13 AM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on July 23, 2015, 10:24:23 AM

Yeah I get that it was on the ground and went where they ain't but he put a good swing on it. It was a good AB.

I just looked at it again. Yep. He hit it hard.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #694 on: July 23, 2015, 10:42:56 AM »
Can we get a new third-base coach?  Tough to score runs when you send runners you shouldn't...and hold them when you should (the series in NY).  Fucking awful.

My initial reaction was rage against Fowler just because he's erased nearly every bit of goodwill I ever had for him as the guy that started his splooge thread with all of the fucking TOOTBLANs. Then RV pointed out the third base coach made the call, and then the second they IBB'd Soler to get to Teagarden I realized Joe probably foresaw all of this. The odds of a bad throw/dropped ball by the catcher in that situation are much higher than the odds that Taylor Teagarden would get that hit. It was an acceptable call.

I thought it was crazy from the moment Fowler kept running. Byrd had the ball when Fowler was still a step of two from touching third.

It was basically the World Series situation redux. I thought the right play was to hold the runner then.

I'm also unconvinced that the Reds give Jorge the IBB if it's 1st and 3rd with one out.  I also think that a big league OF makes an accurate enough throw from that relatively short distance 85%+ of the time, and Jorge is going to put the ball in play more than 15% of the time.

I still think the hold is the right decision from the perspective of maximizing win probability, just as it was for the Royals in Game 7.
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #695 on: July 23, 2015, 10:51:41 AM »
Quote from: CubFaninHydePark on July 23, 2015, 10:42:56 AM

I thought it was crazy from the moment Fowler kept running. Byrd had the ball when Fowler was still a step of two from touching third.

It was basically the World Series situation redux. I thought the right play was to hold the runner then.

I'm also unconvinced that the Reds give Jorge the IBB if it's 1st and 3rd with one out.  I also think that a big league OF makes an accurate enough throw from that relatively short distance 85%+ of the time, and Jorge is going to put the ball in play more than 15% of the time.

I still think the hold is the right decision from the perspective of maximizing win probability, just as it was for the Royals in Game 7.

You lost me when you compared last night's game to game seven of the world series.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #696 on: July 23, 2015, 11:11:26 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 23, 2015, 10:51:41 AM

You lost me when you compared last night's game to game seven of the world series.

playing a game against the Reds in July as if it's Game 7 of the World Series is PLAYING THE RIGHT WAY.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CubFaninHydePark

• President The Bull Moose Fan Club
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #697 on: July 23, 2015, 01:51:28 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 23, 2015, 10:51:41 AM

Is it because Game 7 of the World Series wasn't played in Pittsburgh?
Those Cardinals aren't red, they're yellow.  Like the Spanish!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #698 on: July 24, 2015, 06:24:13 PM »
Three runs against Jerome Williams of all people, who came in sporting a 6.43 ERA.  Score some damn runs against these garbage teams.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #699 on: July 24, 2015, 06:27:50 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 24, 2015, 06:24:13 PM
Three runs against Jerome Williams of all people, who came in sporting a 6.43 ERA.  Score some damn runs against these garbage teams.

Afuckingmen.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #700 on: July 25, 2015, 04:55:41 PM »
Fuck you.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #701 on: July 25, 2015, 05:03:33 PM »
Stop chasing that shit in the dirt.  All of you.  Stop it.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Get a fucking hit thread
« Reply #702 on: July 25, 2015, 05:52:21 PM »
New thread title for managing expectations as they get swept by the worst team in baseball!  DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Get a fucking hit thread
« Reply #703 on: July 25, 2015, 07:00:21 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on July 25, 2015, 05:52:21 PM
New thread title for managing expectations as they get swept by the worst team in baseball!  DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM.
At home.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #704 on: July 30, 2015, 08:58:56 PM »
Hello darkness my old friend...