News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Score some fucking runs thread  ( 133,431 )

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: Score some fucking runs thread
« Reply #765 on: August 12, 2016, 07:27:50 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 12, 2016, 09:03:26 AM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on August 12, 2016, 08:54:27 AM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on August 11, 2016, 08:38:15 PM
I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and assume they're tanking this game on purpose.

They didn't do a very good job of it.

I'm gonna assume he was referring to the tanking in regards to "starting Heyward/Coghlan/Ross back-to-back-to-back", because bitching about not scoring a run in the first five innings against Carlos Martinez is panicky even by my standards. Martinez is like the one guy they have who can actually pitch.

Yeah, I didn't do a real good job explaining that. It just felt like one of Dusty's getaway day games for some reason.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #766 on: August 16, 2016, 11:51:48 PM »
The only prob I have with this team besides some occasionally sketchy work from the bullpen is the real lack of killer instinct at times. I know I'm being anal about this, but FUCK ME this team's absolute horseshit when there's bases loaded and less than 2 outs. Like 4 times in the last week or so and they get fuckall...It's supposed to be considered a failure if you can only bring 1 run across in those situations, but lately they can't do shit. The other day when Rondon shit the bed against the Tards, I told a co-worker after they failed in the 7th to score shit with the bases juiced and no outs they were going to lose. Now I'm pretty sure no one here foresaw that epic meltdown, but still. They get a couple and go to the 8th with say a 5-1 stead of 3-1 lead and things are prob looking different. Tonight's 9th wouldn't have been so dramatic had they plated another run or 2 with bases loaded and 1 out in the 3rd either. I'm in no way saying they should get 2+ runs every time in these situations, but fuck have they been horrific lately at them. Also, let's add that while Wood's overall #'s are good, there's no way he should pitch any high-pressure situations the rest of the season if possible. He gives up a metric fuckton of HR's out of the small amount of hits he's given up.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #767 on: August 17, 2016, 08:15:25 AM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on August 16, 2016, 11:51:48 PM
The only prob I have with this team besides some occasionally sketchy work from the bullpen is the real lack of killer instinct at times. I know I'm being anal about this, but FUCK ME this team's absolute horseshit when there's bases loaded and less than 2 outs. Like 4 times in the last week or so and they get fuckall...It's supposed to be considered a failure if you can only bring 1 run across in those situations, but lately they can't do shit. The other day when Rondon shit the bed against the Tards, I told a co-worker after they failed in the 7th to score shit with the bases juiced and no outs they were going to lose. Now I'm pretty sure no one here foresaw that epic meltdown, but still. They get a couple and go to the 8th with say a 5-1 stead of 3-1 lead and things are prob looking different. Tonight's 9th wouldn't have been so dramatic had they plated another run or 2 with bases loaded and 1 out in the 3rd either. I'm in no way saying they should get 2+ runs every time in these situations, but fuck have they been horrific lately at them. Also, let's add that while Wood's overall #'s are good, there's no way he should pitch any high-pressure situations the rest of the season if possible. He gives up a metric fuckton of HR's out of the small amount of hits he's given up.
WHY CAN'T THEY WIN ALL OF THE GAMES???!!!!????!!!!

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #768 on: August 17, 2016, 08:16:20 AM »
This is a really, really good one, CT.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #769 on: August 17, 2016, 08:16:37 AM »
Quote from: air2300 on August 17, 2016, 08:15:25 AM
WHY CAN'T THEY WIN ALL OF THE GAMES???!!!!????!!!!

You should post more.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #770 on: August 17, 2016, 08:41:25 AM »

I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #771 on: August 17, 2016, 08:52:57 AM »

Bases Loaded, 0 out: 14 PAs, .417/.357/.833/1.190
Bases Loaded, 1 out: 57 PAs, .283/.298/.435/.733
Bases Loaded, 2 out: 67 PAs, .267/.343/.400/.743

Bases Loaded, Overall: 138 PAs, .288/.326/.458/.784
Overall Batting Stats:  4623 PAs, .256/.345/.429/.774 

It's almost as if they perform better with the bases loaded

2016 OPS Ranks for Bases Loaded
1  STL .873 
2  COL .865
3  CIN  .853 
4  SFG  .835
5  LAD  .823
6  HOU  .812
7  CHC  .784

2016 OPS Ranks for Bases Loaded, 0 Out
1  BAL  1.229
2  TOR  1.221 
3  CHC  1.190
4  NYY   1.056
5  SFG   1.012

2016 OPS Ranks for Bases Loaded, 1 Out
1  STL    1.044 
2  COL   1.032
3  LAD   .979
4  WSN  .958
5  PIT    .909 
6  HOU   .881
7  NYM    .877 
8  SFG    .874 
9  BAL    .871
10  SEA  .828
11  PHI   .817
12  LAA   .815
13  NYY   .789
14  MIA   .778
15  KCR   .736
16  CHC   .733

2016 OPS Ranks for Bases Loaded, 2 Out
1  CIN 1.057 
2  OAK  .852
3  TEX  .837
4  DET  .754
5  HOU .752
6  CHC .743

Well, they're ranked 16th in BL, 1 Out, so no World Series, I guess.

(That fucking devil magic, tho)

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #772 on: August 17, 2016, 09:21:49 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 17, 2016, 08:52:57 AM

Quotea bunch of numbers

It's almost as if they perform better with the bases loaded

Quotea bunch more numbers

Well, they're ranked 16th in BL, 1 Out, so no World Series, I guess.

(That fucking devil magic, tho)

It's like you don't even watch the games, man.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #773 on: August 17, 2016, 11:09:51 AM »
I wasn't saying the entire season, just seems to be a pattern lately where they completely fail in the situation that is very frustrating with the talent on the team. I'm not fucking expecting perfection, cuz BASEBALL...but I'm hoping for more with this team than any other version over my 40 years as a fan.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #774 on: August 17, 2016, 11:27:27 AM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on August 17, 2016, 11:09:51 AM
I wasn't saying the entire season, just seems to be a pattern lately where they completely fail in the situation that is very frustrating with the talent on the team. I'm not fucking expecting perfection, cuz BASEBALL...but I'm hoping for more with this team than any other version over my 40 years as a fan.

If the season ended today and the Cubs won the WS, they'd have the 32nd (of the last 85) best OPS with the bases loaded for a WS winner. I think they're doing what they need to do.

(Oh, and surprise, surprise. The best OPS with the bases loaded is the 2011 Cardinals: 1.041 OPS. That's a full 114 points higher than the closest team. They had a .394 BABIP

Also of note, the 1945 Tigers had a .398(!) OPS.)

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #775 on: August 28, 2016, 05:48:44 PM »
Bump for making another rookie with horrible #'s coming in look like Cy Young.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #776 on: August 28, 2016, 06:11:00 PM »
Quote from: WTB...A RING FFS!! on August 28, 2016, 05:48:44 PM

THIS TEAM SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!11111
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

WTB...A RING FFS!!

• CUP CHAMPS!!!
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #777 on: August 28, 2016, 06:56:57 PM »
Ok Saul, I think that's going a TAD too far.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #778 on: August 28, 2016, 08:44:46 PM »

Another?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #779 on: August 29, 2016, 07:48:34 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 28, 2016, 08:44:46 PM

Another?

All of them, man. Try to keep up.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16