News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Score some fucking runs thread  ( 133,360 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Score some fucking runs thread
« Reply #870 on: October 11, 2017, 08:02:12 PM »
I, too, agree that scoring runs....it's good
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #871 on: October 11, 2017, 08:48:12 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 11, 2017, 08:02:12 PM
I, too, agree that scoring runs....it's good

Bah! He never saw a run score in a game in his life!
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #872 on: October 12, 2017, 07:09:13 AM »
Quote from: Huey Potatohead on October 11, 2017, 07:54:03 PM
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 11, 2017, 07:22:49 PM
Quote from: pisomojado8 on October 11, 2017, 06:41:25 PM
If only our pitching can hold the opponents to -1 runs.

That's a different thread, if it exists. No, this thread is to implore the Cubs to score some fucking runs, see.  Sure, I feel good about Hendricks, but they can't treat him like he's Dave Fucking Stoller of The Cutters.

Our beloved baby bears have scored at least 1 run in only 6 of their 35 innings and only 1 run in 4 of those 6 innings (and only 2 runs each in those remaining 2 innings).

This is just another way to say they're not scoring.  Like they were not scoring for 2+ games vs. Cleveland, 2+ games vs. L.A., 2+ games vs. SF...and 4 whole games against the Mets in '15--the one time they weren't able to get going before it was too late.

In fact, if it wasn't for impeccable starting pitching of their own, this series would kind of have the feel of the Mets series.  But, luckily for us, they have had impeccable starting pitching of their own, and the few times they have scratched home a run here and there they've been in big spots (and that didn't happen vs. the Mets either) and so instead of getting run out with cold bats they're still alive and there's still time.

I guess my point is this offense can only be kept down for so long and while having a Kyle Hendricks Insurance Policy in their back pocket is nice, what'd be nicer if these gutless fucking cocksuckers wake the hell up in time and score some fucking runs and pick up their guys in the rotation.

I am hoping for a Game 6 of the World Series type performance today. Then I'm cool if the offense takes a few games off. They'll have earned it.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #873 on: October 12, 2017, 08:20:06 AM »

This is just another way to say they're not scoring.

It's like Bull Durham all over again.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #874 on: October 12, 2017, 10:50:25 AM »
Quote from: D. Doluntap on October 12, 2017, 07:09:13 AM

That's a different thread, if it exists. No, this thread is to implore the Cubs to score some fucking runs, see.  Sure, I feel good about Hendricks, but they can't treat him like he's Dave Fucking Stoller of The Cutters.

Our beloved baby bears have scored at least 1 run in only 6 of their 35 innings and only 1 run in 4 of those 6 innings (and only 2 runs each in those remaining 2 innings).

This is just another way to say they're not scoring.  Like they were not scoring for 2+ games vs. Cleveland, 2+ games vs. L.A., 2+ games vs. SF...and 4 whole games against the Mets in '15--the one time they weren't able to get going before it was too late.

In fact, if it wasn't for impeccable starting pitching of their own, this series would kind of have the feel of the Mets series.  But, luckily for us, they have had impeccable starting pitching of their own, and the few times they have scratched home a run here and there they've been in big spots (and that didn't happen vs. the Mets either) and so instead of getting run out with cold bats they're still alive and there's still time.

I guess my point is this offense can only be kept down for so long and while having a Kyle Hendricks Insurance Policy in their back pocket is nice, what'd be nicer if these gutless fucking cocksuckers wake the hell up in time and score some fucking runs and pick up their guys in the rotation.

I am hoping for a Game 6 of the World Series type performance today. Then I'm cool if the offense takes a few games off. They'll have earned it.

Nah, just take Friday off.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #875 on: October 12, 2017, 10:52:13 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 12, 2017, 10:50:25 AM

Yeah, why hope for them to be down 0-3 before the offense wakes up, if they make it past today? Odd.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #876 on: October 12, 2017, 10:54:39 AM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 12, 2017, 10:52:13 AM
Quote from: Brownie on October 12, 2017, 10:50:25 AM

Yeah, why hope for them to be down 0-3 before the offense wakes up, if they make it past today? Odd.

Not hoping for it, but I figure we can jump off the NLCS bridge when we get to it.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #877 on: October 12, 2017, 04:17:03 PM »
I'm more of the school that the Cubs should score at least 10 runs a game for the rest of the postseason.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

D. Doluntap

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #878 on: October 13, 2017, 12:06:13 AM »
Quote from: Bort on October 12, 2017, 04:17:03 PM
I'm more of the school that the Cubs should score at least 10 runs a game for the rest of the postseason.

9/game is pretty good too!

HumbleJerry

• Wallet Inspector
  • Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #879 on: October 13, 2017, 01:10:28 AM »
Here's how we scored some fucking runs tonight.

4-3 groundout
6-3 groundout
Wild Pitch
2 RBI double
Wild Pitch on dropped 3rd strike
Hit By Pitch
Double (really pretty much an E7 though)
5-4 Fielder's Choice

9 runs scored and one of them off of a legitimate hit.

What a time to be alive.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #880 on: October 13, 2017, 01:12:42 AM »
Two homers in the entire series (Rizzo and Contreras), all in game 2 in a loss.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #881 on: October 13, 2017, 01:29:35 AM »
That was the Cardinalsyiest way to get 9 runs ever invented. I'm not sorry
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #882 on: October 15, 2017, 11:59:49 AM »
Gonna be a short series if Bryant, Rizzo and Baez don't wake the fuck up.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #883 on: October 15, 2017, 07:22:04 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 15, 2017, 11:59:49 AM
#analysis

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #884 on: October 15, 2017, 07:35:01 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on October 15, 2017, 07:22:04 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on October 15, 2017, 11:59:49 AM
#analysis

If the Cubs don't win, they may, in fact, lose.