News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Totally Unlistenable  ( 250,793 )

Grandmaster Wang

• Hi. I'm Herschel Walker.
  • Hank White Fan Club
Re: Totally Unlistenable
« Reply #1620 on: October 25, 2016, 01:59:41 PM »
Bodes well for the visibility.
Some dude in Cairo just punched a camel in the face on CNN.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1621 on: October 25, 2016, 02:48:44 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on October 25, 2016, 01:53:05 PM
Our old friend Chip Caray will be joining the broadcast team for the World Series.
Just for the local pre and post game thank God.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1622 on: October 25, 2016, 07:06:07 PM »
Quote from: flannj on October 25, 2016, 02:48:44 PM
Our old friend Chip Caray will be joining the broadcast team for the World Series.

A decision that must have been made by some executive far, far from Chicago.  Who was clamoring for Chip "Fisted" Caray's triumphant return?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1623 on: October 25, 2016, 08:49:11 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on October 25, 2016, 07:06:07 PM

A decision that must have been made by some executive far, far from Chicago.  Who was clamoring for Chip "Fisted" Caray's triumphant return?

Why not bring back Joe Carter, too?

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #1624 on: October 25, 2016, 08:52:28 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on October 25, 2016, 08:49:11 PM

And Pete Rozelle...
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1625 on: October 26, 2016, 09:51:33 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on October 25, 2016, 08:52:28 PM
Quote from: Brownie on October 25, 2016, 08:49:11 PM

And Pete Rozelle...

Best Joe Carter moment EVER.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1626 on: February 26, 2017, 04:01:44 PM »
The Indians' broadcast team blows. They're boring, not funny, not entertaining, but otherwise they're great.

They said Joe Maddon batting Kyle Schwarber first is to make other teams have to face the "gauntlet of Schwarber, Kris Bryant, and... uh... [awkward silence until subject is changed]."

Then they agreed that closers signing for lots of money is also, somehow, a "gauntlet."

They seem to be completely clueless about any team but the Indians. Struggling to think of anyone's name despite having a lineup card right in front of them to help.

Gerardo Concepcion was introduced as the "next pitcher for the White Sox" (which might be more true than they know).

Finally they're really enjoying showing clips of Roberto Perez hitting two homers in the World Series, which they went on and on about, and Trevor Bauer's finger bleeding, for some reason. Rockheaded jock Tyler Naquin in a truly vapid interview threatened that Edwin Encarnacion will have "something to say" about the Cubs winning the World Series again. Bring it on, you racist caricature-loving dweebs.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1627 on: February 26, 2017, 04:10:49 PM »
"Hey remember when our 25-year-old dickheaded bigot pitcher couldn't pitch for us in the playoffs because he hurt himself playing with his toys? What a moment! I'll always tell my grandkids where I was when I saw that."

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1628 on: February 26, 2017, 04:26:31 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 26, 2017, 04:01:44 PM
The Indians' broadcast team blows. They're boring, not funny, not entertaining, but otherwise they're great.

They said Joe Maddon batting Kyle Schwarber first is to make other teams have to face the "gauntlet of Schwarber, Kris Bryant, and... uh... [awkward silence until subject is changed]."

Then they agreed that closers signing for lots of money is also, somehow, a "gauntlet."

They seem to be completely clueless about any team but the Indians. Struggling to think of anyone's name despite having a lineup card right in front of them to help.

Gerardo Concepcion was introduced as the "next pitcher for the White Sox" (which might be more true than they know).

Finally they're really enjoying showing clips of Roberto Perez hitting two homers in the World Series, which they went on and on about, and Trevor Bauer's finger bleeding, for some reason. Rockheaded jock Tyler Naquin in a truly vapid interview threatened that Edwin Encarnacion will have "something to say" about the Cubs winning the World Series again. Bring it on, you racist caricature-loving dweebs.

I was in my car to catch the sixth inning of Ron Coomer play-by-play, so I'm not sure how less listenable they are.

Why is it wrong for Tyler Naquin to get excited about their free agent signing? Would, "Yeah, we overpaid for him, and we're not going to go back to the Series, so who cares? St. Louis will win the pennant anyway" be better?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1629 on: February 26, 2017, 04:29:09 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 26, 2017, 04:26:31 PM

I was in my car to catch the sixth inning of Ron Coomer play-by-play, so I'm not sure how less listenable they are.

Why is it wrong for Tyler Naquin to get excited about their free agent signing? Would, "Yeah, we overpaid for him, and we're not going to go back to the Series, so who cares? St. Louis will win the pennant anyway" be better?

I don't know, that it's already assumed the World Series eight months from now will feature the same two teams and the only difference will be Edwin Encarnacion?

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1630 on: February 26, 2017, 10:18:33 PM »
Quote from: Saul Goodman on February 26, 2017, 04:29:09 PM

I don't know, that it's already assumed the World Series eight months from now will feature the same two teams and the only difference will be Edwin Encarnacion?

This is totally disrespectful to John Jay.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1631 on: February 27, 2017, 09:06:56 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on February 26, 2017, 10:18:33 PM

Look, he may have been the first Supreme Court justice and wrote a few Federalist papers, but what has he done lately?
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1632 on: February 28, 2017, 01:13:55 PM »
Quote from: Bort on February 27, 2017, 09:06:56 PM

Look, he may have been the first Supreme Court justice and wrote a few Federalist papers, but what has he done lately?

Fitting that it would be you to point this out.
I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1633 on: February 28, 2017, 03:41:21 PM »
Quote from: morpheus on February 28, 2017, 01:13:55 PM
Quote from: Bort on February 27, 2017, 09:06:56 PM

Fitting that it would be you to point this out.
He let Madison and Hamilton do all of the heavy lifting.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1634 on: March 29, 2017, 08:16:51 PM »
Dancing with the Stars updates on Cubs podcasts.