News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twatheads Twittering  ( 213,444 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Twatheads Twittering
« Reply #780 on: September 09, 2014, 04:32:46 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 08, 2014, 07:42:55 PM
Look that last interception was ass-cancer of the mouth bad, but fucking hell I hate every last one of you "golly gee this makes me question my love of Jay" nancys. He threw 49 passes yesterday. He was accurate on 40 of them. He had 349 yards passing. I don't give a fuck what past Bears quarterbacks have done, please compare him to his peers and when you've come up with your pristine elite quarterback ranking list and where Jay ranks do me a favor and mail it to Trent Dilfer and leave me the hell alone. Unless you can point me to the direction of the line where they're handing out free Aaron Rodgers, Jay's still a top ten quarterback in this NFL. Someone just gave Alex Smith 45 fucking million dollars, for the sake of fuck.

No one's going to mention the beautiful wheel route that Jay dropped right into Forte's hands for a TD that Matt dropped, forcing them to settle for a FG. They're not going to mention Michael fucking Spurlock (who had to play because Jay's two All-Pro receivers missed either three series or 3 quarters of game action, nvm, he still completed 70% of his fucking throws) dropping two first downs that hit him in the hands.

Santonio Holmes recorded three drops (the last on 3rd down on their last drive of regulation, and while, yes, it sure did look like he was interfered with the ball still hit him in the fucking hands and would have set them up with first and goal). On that dumbfuck interception to fat fucking Kyle Williams, Santonio was run blocking and got an offensive pass interference flag because he fucked up the playcall because he was signed three weeks ago thanks to a Different wide receiver injury. It doesn't excuse the interception, but having one less eligible receiver for him to throw to, and considering the Holmes penalty was going to take them out of FG range anyway, it was do or die and Jay died. It was already going to be a 53 yard attempt before Holmes penalty, and I love Robbie but I don't think he has a 68 yarder in him. But hey don't let that get in the way of good Cutler hating, HE COST DEM THE GAME. Fuck even I got in on it before I remembered the penalty and basic common sense. Oh, and Santonio pulled the Johnny Knox "fall down on a slant" maneuver on the third down in their drive in OT.

I don't know if Jay is elite or if Marc Trestman can "fix" him and I don't fucking care. I don't even know what fixing means anymore. They were 2nd in the NFL in scoring last year (and averaged more points per game with Jay than Josh before someone comes in with YEA BUT DAT INCLUDES DA GAMES WITH MCNOWN) and he's completing 65% of his throws since Trestman came into town and fuck, whatever. He's here for at least three more years and this is the last time I'm having a referendum on elititudeness after one fucking pass out of fifty.

I have no idea if these Bears can win 7, 8, or 11 games with what they've got. I'm not giving up on them yet either, but if you think anything about Jay Cutler changed because he made one dumb throw in a history of dumb throws you're more than welcome to leave me as the last man on the bandwagon. It's not worth the effort to keep you on board.

Clearly, I'm not the gold standard for understanding FOOTBAW STUFF, but blow me if I don't agree with everything SKO wrote here.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #781 on: September 09, 2014, 08:39:25 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on September 08, 2014, 09:55:14 PM
For the record, like 15 times I've had the argument with Huey that "better than prior Bears QBs" is a ridiculously stupid (and low) bar to set for Cutler or any current QB. 

It's the equivalent of comparing new diseases to syphilis.  Just a poor, poor thing to aspire to.

What record is that?  I don't recall making any such argument with a non-Bears fan.  It typically springs from attempting to provide perspective to Bears fan, and reinforcing the point that Bears fans don't know what a good Quarterback looks like (kind of like what Eli said).

Tell you what, though--find me an instance or two where my argument with YOU was buttressed by the "low-bar" standard and I'll gladly buy you a 6-pack of some of your precious pretentious craft beer.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #782 on: September 09, 2014, 08:47:40 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on September 09, 2014, 08:39:25 AM
I'll gladly buy you a 6-pack of some of your precious pretentious craft beer.

Can we not insult delicious beer during this conversation?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #783 on: September 09, 2014, 08:50:10 AM »
Quote from: Eli on September 09, 2014, 08:47:40 AM
Quote from: PANK! on September 09, 2014, 08:39:25 AM
I'll gladly buy you a 6-pack of some of your precious pretentious craft beer.

Can we not insult delicious beer during this conversation?

NEVER!

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #784 on: September 09, 2014, 08:56:25 AM »
*puts Cutler shirsey back on, punches picture of Steve Garvey and bleeds*
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #785 on: September 09, 2014, 09:29:11 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on September 09, 2014, 08:56:25 AM
*puts Cutler shirsey back on, punches picture of Steve Garvey and bleeds*

*cheers*

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #786 on: September 09, 2014, 09:35:16 AM »
I'm going to go ahead and pour some baking soda and vinegar into Mt. SKO and ask for his top ten QB list.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #787 on: September 09, 2014, 09:45:08 AM »
Quote from: R-V on September 09, 2014, 09:35:16 AM
I'm going to go ahead and pour some baking soda and vinegar into Mt. SKO and ask for his top ten QB list.

Rodgers, Peyton, Breesus are the clear top three.  Brady is in decline and has been statistically out performed by Jay and many others since the start of last year but he gets grandfathered in somewhere for now. Roethlisberger. Wilson. Rivers. Kap.  After that you can put Jay, Kap, Ryan, Stafford, Romo, and Cam in a constantly shifting order depending on who is or isn't coming off a turnover ridden embarrassment that week. Or in Ryan's case whether he's going 4-12 without Julio Jones or racing toward a pointless and futile playoff appearance with him.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #788 on: September 09, 2014, 09:51:17 AM »
And if one of you sonsabitches so much as thinks about mentioning Andrew Luck I will ask you to come back when he completes 60% or better while managing at least 7.0 YPA in a single season or you can just admit you don't know what numbers mean and you really like sportscenter highlights and lazy ass narratives. 
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #789 on: September 09, 2014, 10:02:11 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 09, 2014, 09:51:17 AM
And if one of you sonsabitches so much as thinks about mentioning Andrew Luck I will ask you to come back when he completes 60% or better while managing at least 7.0 YPA in a single season or you can just admit you don't know what numbers mean and you really like sportscenter highlights and lazy ass narratives. 

81 career QB Rating.... But he's 22-11. CAN JAY CUTLER CLAIM THAT HIS WINNING PERCENTAGE IS 66%

Really, I call to a motion that if a QB's Winning Percentage is above his completion percentage, then his effective completion percentage (eCMP%+) be that of his winning percentage

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #790 on: September 09, 2014, 10:03:09 AM »
If you want numbers Jay finished last year w the tenth highest QB Grade from Pro Football Focus, which is impressive since it is cumulative and he missed almost 6 full games. He was on pace for a top five finish. He finished 8th in ESPN's insane Total QBR if that's your deal. He was also 6th in PFF's adjusted QB rating,  which takes out drops and passes where you were hit as you threw, throwaways,  etc.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #791 on: September 09, 2014, 10:06:48 AM »
Quote from: SKO on September 09, 2014, 10:03:09 AM
If you want numbers Jay finished last year w the tenth highest QB Grade from Pro Football Focus, which is impressive since it is cumulative and he missed almost 6 full games. He was on pace for a top five finish. He finished 8th in ESPN's insane Total QBR if that's your deal. He was also 6th in PFF's adjusted QB rating,  which takes out drops and passes where you were hit as you threw, throwaways,  etc.

He also leads the league, or at least is a close 2nd to Eli, in stupid turnovers made due to being stupid.  But at least Eli has 2 championships.  Let's get a QB in town that can win, irregardless of how far he can throw the ball.  Whoopee!  60 yards in the air!!!  How about throwing it 10 yards to our own team? 
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #792 on: September 09, 2014, 10:11:29 AM »
So Jay is somewhere between the 8th and 14th best QB in the league. I feel like we're all pretty much in general agreement but SKO just wants to rail against the perceived injustices of the Internet.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #793 on: September 09, 2014, 10:12:30 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on September 09, 2014, 10:06:48 AM
Quote from: SKO on September 09, 2014, 10:03:09 AM

He also leads the league, or at least is a close 2nd to Eli, in stupid turnovers made due to being stupid.  But at least Eli has 2 championships.  Let's get a QB in town that can win, irregardless of how far he can throw the ball.  Whoopee!  60 yards in the air!!!  How about throwing it 10 yards to our own team? 

Are you still doing the unattributed Fro Dog quote thing?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #794 on: September 09, 2014, 10:13:57 AM »
Quote from: Eli on September 09, 2014, 10:11:29 AM
So Jay is somewhere between the 8th and 14th best QB in the league. I feel like we're all pretty much in general agreement but SKO just wants to rail against the perceived injustices of the Internet.

It's what he does best.