News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twatheads Twittering  ( 213,487 )

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Twatheads Twittering
« Reply #885 on: August 11, 2015, 11:48:01 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 11, 2015, 11:25:32 AM
Wasn't Uncouth Sloth a Desipiot before my time? Seems like a dope.

I'd be very interested to hear the consensus on this.
He's the reason I ended up here.

Maybe I just answered my own question?
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #886 on: August 11, 2015, 11:50:18 AM »
Quote from: flannj on August 11, 2015, 11:48:01 AM
Quote from: SKO on August 11, 2015, 11:25:32 AM
Wasn't Uncouth Sloth a Desipiot before my time? Seems like a dope.

I'd be very interested to hear the consensus on this.
He's the reason I ended up here.

Maybe I just answered my own question?

maybe I'm judging too harshly. My only interactions with him have been him bitching along with White Sox troll about Russell and Bryant's batting averages and now him saying the Cubs should be playing Javy right now because they don't have a realistic shot at winning the series this year and #Cubs2016 should be the goal. Then he dug in his heels and doubled down on stupid with a bunch of I'VE SEEN IT TOO MANY TIMES garbage.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #887 on: August 11, 2015, 11:53:25 AM »
I was a big fan in '03--found him shortly after Desipio....lotta people here couldn't tolerate the poor chap one lick, and I guess he freely reciprocated the hate, but I was never put off by any of his wrong takes. He has as much Cub-caused pain as the rest of us so who am I to judge.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #888 on: August 11, 2015, 11:56:21 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 11, 2015, 11:53:25 AM
I was a big fan in '03--found him shortly after Desipio....lotta people here couldn't tolerate the poor chap one lick, and I guess he freely reciprocated the hate, but I was never put off by any of his wrong takes. He has as much Cub-caused pain as the rest of us so who am I to judge.

Don't you despite Al more than anyone? Isn't Al almost purely defined by his wrong takes and constant moaning about his Cub related pain?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #889 on: August 11, 2015, 11:57:31 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 11, 2015, 11:56:21 AM

Don't you despite Al more than anyone? Isn't Al almost purely defined by his wrong takes and constant moaning about his Cub related pain?

I'd like to spite Al, given the chance, but...

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #890 on: August 11, 2015, 11:58:34 AM »

Al wasn't calling people Antonio Alfucksucka in 2003, and that RAGE WRITING helped balm the pain that was that 6-fingered fuck.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #891 on: August 11, 2015, 12:01:49 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 11, 2015, 11:58:34 AM

Al wasn't calling people Antonio Alfucksucka in 2003, and that RAGE WRITING helped balm the pain that was that 6-fingered fuck.

Ahh. He's a vulgar Yellon. That makes sense.

I just pretty much tune out anyone the second they say "they won't do X because they're the Cubs!" At that point I just have to write you off. If you're going to be that fatalistic about it don't bother the rest of us. I know we all have scars and doubts but if you're going to go so far as to say this team's focus right now, while 3.5 up for a playoff spot, should be on 2016 because "I've seen better Cubs teams lose in the playoffs", then please go away.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #892 on: August 11, 2015, 12:12:27 PM »

His writing literally made me feel ill.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #893 on: August 11, 2015, 12:13:37 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 11, 2015, 12:01:49 PM

I just pretty much tune out anyone the second they say "they won't do X because they're the Cubs!" At that point I just have to write you off. If you're going to be that fatalistic about it don't bother the rest of us. I know we all have scars and doubts but if you're going to go so far as to say this team's focus right now, while 3.5 up for a playoff spot, should be on 2016 because "I've seen better Cubs teams lose in the playoffs", then please go away.

Yeah I'm not like a big fan of his on Twitter...but then I pretty much hate everybody on Twitter. 

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #894 on: August 11, 2015, 12:13:40 PM »

I never liked the guy's posts or his opinions. There were people around here who thought he was awesome and one of those people was Kurt Evans. He wrote one blog post about talking to semi celebrities in the bathroom at the Cubs Convention which was borderline disgusting (I don't throw that word around lightly) and painfully awkward. There was a small group of us who complained about him and wondered if anybody else was going to speak up and give the guy what for. Eventually he disappeared and I never thought about him again. I guess he's on Twitter, so there he stays hopefully.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #895 on: August 11, 2015, 12:16:11 PM »
Quote from: InternetApex on August 11, 2015, 12:13:40 PM

I never liked the guy's posts or his opinions. There were people around here who thought he was awesome and one of those people was Kurt Evans. He wrote one blog post about talking to semi celebrities in the bathroom at the Cubs Convention which was borderline disgusting (I don't throw that word around lightly) and painfully awkward. There was a small group of us who complained about him and wondered if anybody else was going to speak up and give the guy what for. Eventually he disappeared and I never thought about him again. I guess he's on Twitter, so there he stays hopefully.

Okay. I feel validated. He's a dope.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #896 on: August 11, 2015, 01:03:30 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 11, 2015, 12:16:11 PM

I went to a ballgame with him some years ago.  He's a really nice guy.  I haven't paid any attention to his opinions in a while though.  I think one can maintain friendliness with someone despite thinking he's not very smart about the Cubs.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #897 on: August 11, 2015, 01:08:22 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on August 11, 2015, 01:03:30 PM

I went to a ballgame with him some years ago.  He's a really nice guy.  I haven't paid any attention to his opinions in a while though.  I think one can maintain friendliness with someone despite thinking he's not very smart about the Cubs.

I'm sure that's true, but looking back at some of his posts on desipio and a quick google search of his long since defunct blog has turned up some fairly misogynistic garbage (among other rancid shit) that I find rather unappealing. Either way, whatever he is in real life if his internet opinions of the Cub consist of THEY'LL LOSE BECAUSE GOLLY GOSH THEY'RE THE CUBS, he's better off not sharing them loudly with other people.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #898 on: August 11, 2015, 01:13:49 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 11, 2015, 01:08:22 PM

I went to a ballgame with him some years ago.  He's a really nice guy.  I haven't paid any attention to his opinions in a while though.  I think one can maintain friendliness with someone despite thinking he's not very smart about the Cubs.

I'm sure that's true, but looking back at some of his posts on desipio and a quick google search of his long since defunct blog has turned up some fairly misogynistic garbage (among other rancid shit) that I find rather unappealing. Either way, whatever he is in real life if his internet opinions of the Cub consist of THEY'LL LOSE BECAUSE GOLLY GOSH THEY'RE THE CUBS, he's better off not sharing them loudly with other people.

I guess I just didn't notice.  Man, I'm tolerating an awful lot of bullshit today.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #899 on: August 11, 2015, 01:18:48 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on August 11, 2015, 01:13:49 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 11, 2015, 01:08:22 PM

I guess I just didn't notice.  Man, I'm tolerating an awful lot of bullshit today.

Hey man, we all make mistakes. The early days of the sportz internet were dark and terrible. I checked ESPN daily. One day I googled (actually it probably wasn't google, it was probably like Ask Jeeves or some shit) "Paul Bako is terrible" and found a fringe website with something called the Bako-Meter and fake interviews making fun of the guy. I started reading that whack job daily, and then that was like a gateway drug that led me to a support group for unemployed Armenian managers because they kept an amusing list of terrible Cubs players. That place had a live chat with weirdos, and like too many teenagers who discover live chats, I was lured onto a messageboard in the darkest corner of the net where I've wasted almost a decade on some of the stupidest shit imaginable.