News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twatheads Twittering  ( 213,455 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: Twatheads Twittering
« Reply #900 on: August 11, 2015, 01:19:55 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 11, 2015, 01:18:48 PM
Quote from: Oleg on August 11, 2015, 01:13:49 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 11, 2015, 01:08:22 PM
Quote from: Oleg on August 11, 2015, 01:03:30 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 11, 2015, 12:16:11 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on August 11, 2015, 12:13:40 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 11, 2015, 12:01:49 PM
Quote from: PANK! on August 11, 2015, 11:58:34 AM
Quote from: SKO on August 11, 2015, 11:56:21 AM
Quote from: PANK! on August 11, 2015, 11:53:25 AM
I was a big fan in '03--found him shortly after Desipio....lotta people here couldn't tolerate the poor chap one lick, and I guess he freely reciprocated the hate, but I was never put off by any of his wrong takes. He has as much Cub-caused pain as the rest of us so who am I to judge.

Don't you despite Al more than anyone? Isn't Al almost purely defined by his wrong takes and constant moaning about his Cub related pain?

Al wasn't calling people Antonio Alfucksucka in 2003, and that RAGE WRITING helped balm the pain that was that 6-fingered fuck.

Ahh. He's a vulgar Yellon. That makes sense.

I just pretty much tune out anyone the second they say "they won't do X because they're the Cubs!" At that point I just have to write you off. If you're going to be that fatalistic about it don't bother the rest of us. I know we all have scars and doubts but if you're going to go so far as to say this team's focus right now, while 3.5 up for a playoff spot, should be on 2016 because "I've seen better Cubs teams lose in the playoffs", then please go away.

I never liked the guy's posts or his opinions. There were people around here who thought he was awesome and one of those people was Kurt Evans. He wrote one blog post about talking to semi celebrities in the bathroom at the Cubs Convention which was borderline disgusting (I don't throw that word around lightly) and painfully awkward. There was a small group of us who complained about him and wondered if anybody else was going to speak up and give the guy what for. Eventually he disappeared and I never thought about him again. I guess he's on Twitter, so there he stays hopefully.

Okay. I feel validated. He's a dope.

I went to a ballgame with him some years ago.  He's a really nice guy.  I haven't paid any attention to his opinions in a while though.  I think one can maintain friendliness with someone despite thinking he's not very smart about the Cubs.

I'm sure that's true, but looking back at some of his posts on desipio and a quick google search of his long since defunct blog has turned up some fairly misogynistic garbage (among other rancid shit) that I find rather unappealing. Either way, whatever he is in real life if his internet opinions of the Cub consist of THEY'LL LOSE BECAUSE GOLLY GOSH THEY'RE THE CUBS, he's better off not sharing them loudly with other people.

I guess I just didn't notice.  Man, I'm tolerating an awful lot of bullshit today.

Hey man, we all make mistakes. The early days of the sportz internet were dark and terrible. I checked ESPN daily. One day I googled (actually it probably wasn't google, it was probably like Ask Jeeves or some shit) "Paul Bako is terrible" and found a fringe website with something called the Bako-Meter and fake interviews making fun of the guy. I started reading that whack job daily, and then that was like a gateway drug that led me to a support group for unemployed Armenian managers that catalogued terrible Cubs players. That place had a live chat with weirdos, and like too many teenagers who discover live chats, I was lured onto a messageboard in the darkest corner of the net where I've wasted almost a decade on some of the stupidest shit imaginable.

Except now you no longer can access the live chat function and thus you threaten to sail into Moran History as Desipio's Pete Rose.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #901 on: August 11, 2015, 01:21:09 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 11, 2015, 01:19:55 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 11, 2015, 01:18:48 PM
Quote from: Oleg on August 11, 2015, 01:13:49 PM
I was a big fan in '03--found him shortly after Desipio....lotta people here couldn't tolerate the poor chap one lick, and I guess he freely reciprocated the hate, but I was never put off by any of his wrong takes. He has as much Cub-caused pain as the rest of us so who am I to judge.

Don't you despite Al more than anyone? Isn't Al almost purely defined by his wrong takes and constant moaning about his Cub related pain?

Al wasn't calling people Antonio Alfucksucka in 2003, and that RAGE WRITING helped balm the pain that was that 6-fingered fuck.

I just pretty much tune out anyone the second they say "they won't do X because they're the Cubs!" At that point I just have to write you off. If you're going to be that fatalistic about it don't bother the rest of us. I know we all have scars and doubts but if you're going to go so far as to say this team's focus right now, while 3.5 up for a playoff spot, should be on 2016 because "I've seen better Cubs teams lose in the playoffs", then please go away.

I never liked the guy's posts or his opinions. There were people around here who thought he was awesome and one of those people was Kurt Evans. He wrote one blog post about talking to semi celebrities in the bathroom at the Cubs Convention which was borderline disgusting (I don't throw that word around lightly) and painfully awkward. There was a small group of us who complained about him and wondered if anybody else was going to speak up and give the guy what for. Eventually he disappeared and I never thought about him again. I guess he's on Twitter, so there he stays hopefully.

I went to a ballgame with him some years ago.  He's a really nice guy.  I haven't paid any attention to his opinions in a while though.  I think one can maintain friendliness with someone despite thinking he's not very smart about the Cubs.

I'm sure that's true, but looking back at some of his posts on desipio and a quick google search of his long since defunct blog has turned up some fairly misogynistic garbage (among other rancid shit) that I find rather unappealing. Either way, whatever he is in real life if his internet opinions of the Cub consist of THEY'LL LOSE BECAUSE GOLLY GOSH THEY'RE THE CUBS, he's better off not sharing them loudly with other people.

I guess I just didn't notice.  Man, I'm tolerating an awful lot of bullshit today.

Hey man, we all make mistakes. The early days of the sportz internet were dark and terrible. I checked ESPN daily. One day I googled (actually it probably wasn't google, it was probably like Ask Jeeves or some shit) "Paul Bako is terrible" and found a fringe website with something called the Bako-Meter and fake interviews making fun of the guy. I started reading that whack job daily, and then that was like a gateway drug that led me to a support group for unemployed Armenian managers that catalogued terrible Cubs players. That place had a live chat with weirdos, and like too many teenagers who discover live chats, I was lured onto a messageboard in the darkest corner of the net where I've wasted almost a decade on some of the stupidest shit imaginable.

Except now you no longer can access the live chat function and thus you threaten to sail into Moran History as Desipio's Pete Rose.

This is a good analogy. I lol'd.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #902 on: August 11, 2015, 01:22:38 PM »

He was a good read in 2003-2005, but the Cubs began to have an outsize effect on his life. I think he started the blog almost as therapy, to vent on his frustration with the team. But I don't think it worked. For awhile, he worked in Des Plaines and lived in Coal City so he was putting a couple million miles on his car every week. Does anyone remember the Latroy Hawkins game, in which he caught a line drive in the ninth inning and threw to first in an effort to double off Chase Utley and instead chucked it into the bullpen, allowing the tying and go-ahead runs to score? Sloth literally drove off the road and wrecked his car. He was also fired for blogging, as his musings were hardly safe for work.

He's not a bad guy, and I've met him a couple of times. But he was scarred beyond recognition thanks to 2003-2004-2005.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #903 on: August 11, 2015, 01:24:06 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 11, 2015, 01:22:38 PM

He was a good read in 2003-2005, but the Cubs began to have an outsize effect on his life. I think he started the blog almost as therapy, to vent on his frustration with the team. But I don't think it worked. For awhile, he worked in Des Plaines and lived in Coal City so he was putting a couple million miles on his car every week. Does anyone remember the Latroy Hawkins game, in which he caught a line drive in the ninth inning and threw to first in an effort to double off Chase Utley and instead chucked it into the bullpen, allowing the tying and go-ahead runs to score? Sloth literally drove off the road and wrecked his car. He was also fired for blogging, as his musings were hardly safe for work.

He's not a bad guy, and I've met him a couple of times. But he was scarred beyond recognition thanks to 2003-2004-2005.

Jesus Christ.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #904 on: August 11, 2015, 01:31:05 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 11, 2015, 01:24:06 PM

Jesus Christ.
He was part of my support system during the dark years.  But for him I never would have known that there was such a place as Coal City. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #905 on: August 11, 2015, 01:39:30 PM »

He was a good read in 2003-2005, but the Cubs began to have an outsize effect on his life. I think he started the blog almost as therapy, to vent on his frustration with the team. But I don't think it worked. For awhile, he worked in Des Plaines and lived in Coal City so he was putting a couple million miles on his car every week. Does anyone remember the Latroy Hawkins game, in which he caught a line drive in the ninth inning and threw to first in an effort to double off Chase Utley Jose Offerman and instead chucked it into the bullpen, allowing the tying and go-ahead runs to score? Sloth literally drove off the road and wrecked his car. He was also fired for blogging, as his musings were hardly safe for work.

Harlem Globetrotter'd.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #906 on: August 11, 2015, 01:40:19 PM »

He and I (and Huey) wrote for GROTA together a few years back.  I lobbied Kurt Evans hard to have Sloth removed from the roster because what he was writing was completely fucking embarrassing, and when he wouldn't do it, I left instead.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #907 on: August 11, 2015, 01:41:16 PM »

I kind of felt the same way, it started out pretty entertaining to me as a beginner to this whole Cubs blog thing. But it escalated to a level that I couldn't believe he was posting from work and not getting fired. And then he did.
He was very open (not a strong enough word) about his hatred for his exes and how insane they were and how much they had screwed him over.
That probably is where the misogynistic take comes from. I'm not saying it's right but that's probably the reality.

What I can say is that it didn't take me long to flee GROTA and take up residence in my refrigerator box home here.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #908 on: August 11, 2015, 01:43:46 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 11, 2015, 01:39:30 PM

He was a good read in 2003-2005, but the Cubs began to have an outsize effect on his life. I think he started the blog almost as therapy, to vent on his frustration with the team. But I don't think it worked. For awhile, he worked in Des Plaines and lived in Coal City so he was putting a couple million miles on his car every week. Does anyone remember the Latroy Hawkins game, in which he caught a line drive in the ninth inning and threw to first in an effort to double off Chase Utley Jose Offerman and instead chucked it into the bullpen, allowing the tying and go-ahead runs to score? Sloth literally drove off the road and wrecked his car. He was also fired for blogging, as his musings were hardly safe for work.

Harlem Globetrotter'd.

I try to side with the numbers, I have tried to reevaluate my bias against certain guys when analytics tells me they were better or worse than I thought. Whenever someone tries to talk about LaTroy's WAR or FIP or whatever as a Cub I just play that ball bouncing off of Offerman's dome over and over and over in my head and tell them to f--k off.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #909 on: August 11, 2015, 01:48:19 PM »
Quote from: flannj on August 11, 2015, 01:41:16 PM
I kind of felt the same way, it started out pretty entertaining to me as a beginner to this whole Cubs blog thing. But it escalated to a level that I couldn't believe he was posting from work and not getting fired. And then he did.
He was very open (not a strong enough word) about his hatred for his exes and how insane they were and how much they had screwed him over.
That probably is where the misogynistic take comes from. I'm not saying it's right but that's probably the reality.

What I can say is that it didn't take me long to flee GROTA and take up residence in my refrigerator box home here.

If someone wanted to write an oral history of all of the major players and FADING BLOG stars who built the Cubs Blogosphere/Cubs Twitter I would pay at least four dollars for it.

The Great GROTA Schism. Bad News Mike. The Rise and Fall of Fire Lou Piniella/Hire Jim Essian/50% off Kayaking This Weekend If You Buy A Ticket To Watch My Improv Troupe.  

There are stories to tell here.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #910 on: August 11, 2015, 01:48:51 PM »
Someone could easily check if he still lurks. Betting he does. And he's probably reading this all and feeling kinda low.

So uh. Not nice?

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #911 on: August 11, 2015, 01:55:11 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on August 11, 2015, 01:48:51 PM
Someone could easily check if he still lurks. Betting he does. And he's probably reading this all and feeling kinda low.

So uh. Not nice?

I'm sure he is around and I don't know if it's not nice. I posted what I recall. I used to check for his writings daily and found much was entertaining. Not to speak for him but I think he might agree that it did go off the rails at some point.
I would like it if he posted here again.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #912 on: August 11, 2015, 02:02:59 PM »

So uh. Not nice?

Well he called me a "dogfuck" and replied "fuck you and yours" to my statement that I hope Theo doesn't run the team based on his own "shitty jaded experiences and superstition" when he said they couldn't win because he's "seen it too many times", so I couldn't really care less about his feelings. I'm sure he's said worse to many others on the internet. I have, too. It happens.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #913 on: August 11, 2015, 02:03:58 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 11, 2015, 02:02:59 PM

So uh. Not nice?

Well he called me a "dogfuck" and replied "fuck you and yours" to my statement that I hope Theo doesn't run the team based on his own "shitty jaded experiences and superstition" when he said they couldn't win because he's "seen it too many times", so I could really care less about his feelings.

How much less?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #914 on: August 11, 2015, 02:04:21 PM »
Quote from: R-V on August 11, 2015, 02:03:58 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 11, 2015, 02:02:59 PM

So uh. Not nice?

Well he called me a "dogfuck" and replied "fuck you and yours" to my statement that I hope Theo doesn't run the team based on his own "shitty jaded experiences and superstition" when he said they couldn't win because he's "seen it too many times", so I could really care less about his feelings.

How much less?

DAMMIT RV I THOUGHT I HAD FIXED IT IN TIME