News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: Twatheads Twittering  ( 213,469 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: Twatheads Twittering
« Reply #960 on: August 13, 2015, 09:41:41 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 13, 2015, 09:34:40 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on August 13, 2015, 09:24:31 AM
Quote from: SKO on August 13, 2015, 09:03:46 AM
Quote from: Canadouche on August 12, 2015, 09:50:43 PM
Quote from: InternetApex on August 11, 2015, 12:13:40 PM
Quote from: SKO on August 11, 2015, 12:01:49 PM
Quote from: PANK! on August 11, 2015, 11:58:34 AM
Quote from: SKO on August 11, 2015, 11:56:21 AM
Quote from: PANK! on August 11, 2015, 11:53:25 AM
I was a big fan in '03--found him shortly after Desipio....lotta people here couldn't tolerate the poor chap one lick, and I guess he freely reciprocated the hate, but I was never put off by any of his wrong takes. He has as much Cub-caused pain as the rest of us so who am I to judge.

Don't you despite Al more than anyone? Isn't Al almost purely defined by his wrong takes and constant moaning about his Cub related pain?

Al wasn't calling people Antonio Alfucksucka in 2003, and that RAGE WRITING helped balm the pain that was that 6-fingered fuck.

Ahh. He's a vulgar Yellon. That makes sense.

I just pretty much tune out anyone the second they say "they won't do X because they're the Cubs!" At that point I just have to write you off. If you're going to be that fatalistic about it don't bother the rest of us. I know we all have scars and doubts but if you're going to go so far as to say this team's focus right now, while 3.5 up for a playoff spot, should be on 2016 because "I've seen better Cubs teams lose in the playoffs", then please go away.

I never liked the guy's posts or his opinions. There were people around here who thought he was awesome and one of those people was Kurt Evans. He wrote one blog post about talking to semi celebrities in the bathroom at the Cubs Convention which was borderline disgusting (I don't throw that word around lightly) and painfully awkward. There was a small group of us who complained about him and wondered if anybody else was going to speak up and give the guy what for. Eventually he disappeared and I never thought about him again. I guess he's on Twitter, so there he stays hopefully.

I've always seen him as somebody who represents a pretty large segment of long-time Cub fans, and it's understandable that he holds his views, even if they're wrong. From my view, it's hard to blame somebody who's pessimistic about the Cubs. Also, having seen a game and spent time with him, he's an incredibly nice guy. I don't agree with his outlook on the Cubs being the Cubs, and therefore hopeless.

I don't really know what's the point of blogging about baseball or trying to talk to people who are having a rational discussion if your only viewpoint is "IT CAN'T HAPPEN BECAUSE CUBS". I get that there are people who hold that opinion and they have years of pain as justification. In the darkest hours I think we've all felt it, but it's unbelievably annoying to bother people having a rational discussion by interjecting your DOOM all the time.

Well, from what others have said, the Cubs failing when they shouldn't has literally hurt him. If being a pessimist is what he needs to be in order to temper his emotional investment -- in order to keep him safer and healthier -- then that might be the point. I totally get why you wouldn't want to read that, but it's not exactly like he's ambushing you with his opinions. You know what you're going to get when you read what he's written. Are you saying he's not allowed to have, or post, those opinions because you don't want to read them?

I'm saying don't tweet at people who are discussing the 2015 Cubs that the Cubs should call up Javy and focus solely on 2016 because "if you believe this team has a shot at the world series you're kidding yourself because I've seen it too many times."

He can blog whatever he wants. I'm not reading it, but maybe don't share that kinda "wisdom" with people having rational discussions on twitter. Also while I like to rant on a fringe messageboard when the Cubs suck, if it has that much of an effect on his life he should probably see a therapist. I'm not sure DOOM blogging is really an optimal mental health strategy.

Fair point. I've never liked it when people pop into a discussion to shit all over the topic. The same advice goes for them -- you don't like it, nobody's forcing you to read it.
M'lady.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #961 on: August 13, 2015, 09:57:11 AM »
Quote from: Bort on August 12, 2015, 08:37:24 PM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 12, 2015, 02:09:53 PM
Quote from: Oleg on August 12, 2015, 02:01:14 PM
I don't hate NYC.  I do hate most of New York's sports teams. I guess that's what I meant.  Although, growing up in Chicago, I always had an affinity for The Yankees.

I mean, NYC isn't St Louis or Dallas, for fuck's sake.

Neither do I. Now, a certain subset of New Yorkers...

You mean Jews, don't you?

No. Mets and Yankee fans.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #962 on: August 13, 2015, 10:56:54 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 13, 2015, 09:57:11 AM
I don't hate NYC.  I do hate most of New York's sports teams. I guess that's what I meant.  Although, growing up in Chicago, I always had an affinity for The Yankees.

So ... Jews and Italians. Nice, Chuck. Nice.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #963 on: August 13, 2015, 11:08:50 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on August 13, 2015, 10:56:54 AM
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on August 13, 2015, 09:57:11 AM
I don't hate NYC.  I do hate most of New York's sports teams. I guess that's what I meant.  Although, growing up in Chicago, I always had an affinity for The Yankees.

So ... Jews and Italians. Nice, Chuck. Nice.

Yep.

I was going to write Italians initially, but I decided to narrow it down to just 98% of them.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #964 on: August 13, 2015, 11:14:40 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on August 12, 2015, 09:53:09 PM
Quote from: Tonker on August 11, 2015, 01:40:19 PM

He and I (and Huey) wrote for GROTA together a few years back.  I lobbied Kurt Evans hard to have Sloth removed from the roster because what he was writing was completely fucking embarrassing, and when he wouldn't do it, I left instead.

Weird, I have no recollection of those Emails. Was that an exchange on Gmail?

Search me, it was ten years ago now.  There were two or three occasions when he posted stuff that was downright embarrassing and I told you it had no place on the site.  I had no desire whatsoever to be associated in any way with his bollocks: at one point, I thought I was going to have to get my arse cheeks surgically unclenched.  If you don't remember that, there's not much I can do about it, but I've never made a secret of my disdain for what Sloth was writing back then: it was absolute fucking mince.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #965 on: August 13, 2015, 11:49:50 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 13, 2015, 11:14:40 AM

He and I (and Huey) wrote for GROTA together a few years back.  I lobbied Kurt Evans hard to have Sloth removed from the roster because what he was writing was completely fucking embarrassing, and when he wouldn't do it, I left instead.

Search me, it was ten years ago now.  There were two or three occasions when he posted stuff that was downright embarrassing and I told you it had no place on the site.  I had no desire whatsoever to be associated in any way with his bollocks: at one point, I thought I was going to have to get my arse cheeks surgically unclenched.  If you don't remember that, there's not much I can do about it, but I've never made a secret of my disdain for what Sloth was writing back then: it was absolute fucking mince.

Well, I went back into my email and searched, both your gmail and siemens email addresses. The conversation never happened. To be fair, I 100% believe you when you say that that was your opinion, and if you'd brought it to my attention at the time with a "him-or-me" ultimatum I probably would've told you to pack sand anyway, because I don't like it when people make ultimatums. So, take it for what you will, I guess. As far as I can tell, you never even Emailed us a resignation -- I think you just posted about it on the site and moved over to HJE sometime soon after. Maybe it was then that you called out the Sloth.

The last few exchanges I ever had with you were when I paid you a few bucks for your writing contributions to the site and when I posted something on Facebook about not being impressed by the Stone Roses (or it might have been the Smiths) and you were so offended by my opinion that you lit into me and basically called me a moron. I decided at that point that I didn't really care to know you. That said, I'm sure you're a really great guy and I still think you're way more talented and funny a writer than many, especially including myself. I can't blame you for misremembering something that happened nearly a decade ago.
M'lady.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #966 on: August 13, 2015, 11:51:16 AM »
Hey everybody Kurt is back
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #967 on: August 13, 2015, 11:51:52 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on August 13, 2015, 11:49:50 AM
As far as I can tell, you never even Emailed us a resignation -- I think you just posted about it on the site and moved over to HJE sometime soon after.

That'd be me, though the meme has become that I was fired (as I was from HJE and every other blog before and since).
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #968 on: August 13, 2015, 11:56:08 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 13, 2015, 11:51:52 AM
As far as I can tell, you never even Emailed us a resignation -- I think you just posted about it on the site and moved over to HJE sometime soon after.

That'd be me, though the meme has become that I was fired (as I was from HJE and every other blog before and since).

No, I remember that you'd done that. I assume Tonker did as well, because I don't have an email resignation.
M'lady.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #969 on: August 13, 2015, 11:58:48 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 13, 2015, 11:51:16 AM
Hey everybody Kurt is back

Not really. I often stop by. Or maybe I've been sock-puppeting and you've just never noticed. I'm sure I'll go back into the shadow before too long.
M'lady.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #970 on: August 13, 2015, 12:10:40 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on August 13, 2015, 11:56:08 AM
Quote from: PANK! on August 13, 2015, 11:51:52 AM

No, I remember that you'd done that. I assume Tonker did as well, because I don't have an email resignation.

Who said anything about a resignation?  You don't have a resignation because I didn't have a fucking contract.  I said "I left".

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #971 on: August 13, 2015, 12:16:14 PM »

Well, I went back into my email and searched, both your gmail and siemens email addresses. The conversation never happened. To be fair, I 100% believe you when you say that that was your opinion, and if you'd brought it to my attention at the time with a "him-or-me" ultimatum I probably would've told you to pack sand anyway, because I don't like it when people make ultimatums. So, take it for what you will, I guess. As far as I can tell, you never even Emailed us a resignation -- I think you just posted about it on the site and moved over to HJE sometime soon after. Maybe it was then that you called out the Sloth.

The last few exchanges I ever had with you were when I paid you a few bucks for your writing contributions to the site and when I posted something on Facebook about not being impressed by the Stone Roses (or it might have been the Smiths) and you were so offended by my opinion that you lit into me and basically called me a moron. I decided at that point that I didn't really care to know you. That said, I'm sure you're a really great guy and I still think you're way more talented and funny a writer than many, especially including myself. I can't blame you for misremembering something that happened nearly a decade ago.

Fuck me.  Nobody said anything about an ultimatum, either.  I said I lobbied you to remove Sloth from the roster and when you didn't, I left.  Twat.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #972 on: August 13, 2015, 12:22:40 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 13, 2015, 12:16:14 PM

Fuck me.  Nobody said anything about an ultimatum, either.  I said I lobbied you to remove Sloth from the roster and when you didn't, I left.  Twat.

Well this went about as well as I would have expected.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #973 on: August 13, 2015, 12:24:15 PM »

Sorry, I misread what you'd written. But it's really a moot point. It's the past and there's no point in dwelling on it. I hope you're enjoying your vacation, you've picked an excellent time to be in Chicago.
M'lady.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #974 on: August 13, 2015, 12:34:26 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on August 13, 2015, 12:24:15 PM

Sorry, I misread what you'd written. But it's really a moot point. It's the past and there's no point in dwelling on it. I hope you're enjoying your vacation, you've picked an excellent time to be in Chicago.

There was only one of us dwelling on it, but thank you for your kind wishes.