News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2010 Cubs Free Agent and Roster Moves Thread: SAVEENG OUR KUBBEEZ!!11  ( 157,601 )

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 2010 Cubs Free Agent and Roster Moves Thread: SAVEENG OUR KUBBEEZ!!11
« Reply #270 on: October 06, 2009, 11:15:38 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on October 06, 2009, 11:09:55 AM
Quote from: Eli on October 06, 2009, 10:56:28 AM
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on October 06, 2009, 10:43:13 AM
This is basically why I say "Fuck these fucking gutless fucking assholes."  I don't understand three years for Grabow and trading Jake Fox.

You don't understand why they'd trade Jake Fox?

I'm assuming Hendry feels he needs a RF in return of any Milton Bradley trade.  Couldn't the Cubs take on a contract at another position and play Fox in RF?  Just spitballin'.

Granted I stopped watching this team for most of the season, but is Fox that horrible in the field for the organization to basically write him off as not good enough to play everyday ? Normally I'd like this move, trade a player after he plays well and his value is high, but I know Hendry is too dumb to do that, so I have to assume Hendry thinks he's useless to this team? Let's trade Fox for a crappy, slap hitting 2B. Get it done, Jim!

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #271 on: October 06, 2009, 11:22:58 AM »
Quote from: BH on October 06, 2009, 11:15:38 AM
This is basically why I say "Fuck these fucking gutless fucking assholes."  I don't understand three years for Grabow and trading Jake Fox.

I'm assuming Hendry feels he needs a RF in return of any Milton Bradley trade.  Couldn't the Cubs take on a contract at another position and play Fox in RF?  Just spitballin'.

Granted I stopped watching this team for most of the season, but is Fox that horrible in the field for the organization to basically write him off as not good enough to play everyday ? Normally I'd like this move, trade a player after he plays well and his value is high, but I know Hendry is too dumb to do that, so I have to assume Hendry thinks he's useless to this team? Let's trade Fox for a crappy, slap hitting 2B. Get it done, Jim!

Over the last 2 months of the season, Fox batted .212/.280/.354

Considering he can't field at all, that's not a very attractive long-term solution.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #272 on: October 06, 2009, 11:23:10 AM »
is Fox that horrible in the field for the organization to basically write him off as not good enough to play everyday ?

Kind of.  If he was a Manny Ramirez type of hitter, you could live with his terrible defense.  Unfortunately, he's not that good of a hitter.

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #273 on: October 06, 2009, 11:33:40 AM »
Fox is 26, put up a .259/.311/.468 line, and plays mediocre defense on a good day.

He rakes in the PCL, but so does Jason DuBois.  He's nothing any team actually
wants.  At best a few teams might take a flier on him because he's cheap.

*In a Nutsack

• TJG's 6th best writer.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #274 on: October 06, 2009, 11:44:12 AM »
This is basically why I say "Fuck these fucking gutless fucking assholes."  I don't understand three years for Grabow and trading Jake Fox.

That's sort of what I'm saying, too.  I know he's a liability in the field, but he can hit okay.  Hendry will trade him to Kansas City for what?  Tug Hulett?  Alberto Callaspo?  Or, to the Twins for Nick Punto?  Why?  Is it really necessary?

EDIT:  I looked up Alberto Callaspo, and there's no way the Royals would trade him to the Cubs for Jake Fox.  He was actually pretty good in 2009 for them.  I took for granted that he might be in the "shitty second baseman" category we've all come to know and love.  And, I just wanted to post Tug Hulett's name.
Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."  And, these are the priciples I carry with me in the workplace.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #275 on: October 06, 2009, 11:59:58 AM »
Quote from: *In a Nutsack on October 06, 2009, 11:44:12 AM
That's sort of what I'm saying, too.  I know he's a liability in the field, but he can hit okay.  Hendry will trade him to Kansas City for what?  Tug Hulett?  Alberto Callaspo?  Or, to the Twins for Nick Punto?  Why?  Is it really necessary?

It's not necessary to trade him for the sake of trading him, but if the Cubs can get a more useful player, then they should.  Of course, I don't know if there's a market for Fox after he spent the last four months of the year whiffing at every breaking ball thrown his way.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #276 on: October 06, 2009, 12:26:32 PM »
Quote from: Eli on October 06, 2009, 11:59:58 AM

It's not necessary to trade him for the sake of trading him, but if the Cubs can get a more useful player, then they should.  Of course, I don't know if there's a market for Fox after he spent the last four months of the year whiffing at every breaking ball thrown his way.

Mike Fontenot spent his entire career doing that, and there was a market for him as a starting 2nd baseman.  Granted it was a one team market, but really, that's all you need.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #277 on: October 06, 2009, 12:29:58 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 06, 2009, 12:26:32 PM

Mike Fontenot spent his entire career doing that, and there was a market for him as a starting 2nd baseman.  Granted it was a one team market, but really, that's all you need.

The "Jake Fox in RF movement" is almost as awesome as the "Andres Blanco should be the starting SS" movement.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #278 on: October 06, 2009, 12:32:09 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 06, 2009, 12:29:58 PM

The "Jake Fox in RF movement" is almost as awesome as the "Andres Blanco should be the starting SS" movement.

I like the "Go Detroit, Save America" movement myself.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #279 on: October 06, 2009, 12:34:53 PM »
Quote from: BH on October 06, 2009, 12:32:09 PM

So much for that though. With Brett Favre's holy blood, sweat and tears squirted all over the Humphrey Dome, those Twins are an absolute friggin' lock today. Don't underestimate all that man has done for that city. Tigers? Meh. Detroit? Pfththh.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #280 on: October 06, 2009, 12:43:34 PM »

We get it, you have one joke.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #281 on: October 06, 2009, 12:49:19 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 06, 2009, 12:43:34 PM

That seems like too much work to put all of those descriptive links there.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #282 on: October 06, 2009, 12:51:36 PM »

Go Tigerz!

Lance Dicksons Arm

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #283 on: October 06, 2009, 01:13:13 PM »
I'm assuming Hendry feels he needs a RF in return of any Milton Bradley trade.  Couldn't the Cubs take on a contract at another position and play Fox in RF?  Just spitballin'.  Or, maybe the Cubs should move to the American League.

If the acquiring club will take enough of his contract, I imagine Hendry would accept a dumptruck full of horseshit for Bradley. 

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #284 on: October 06, 2009, 01:24:39 PM »

Hey, it's one more than I've got.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16