News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2010 Cubs Free Agent and Roster Moves Thread: SAVEENG OUR KUBBEEZ!!11  ( 157,728 )

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 2010 Cubs Free Agent and Roster Moves Thread: SAVEENG OUR KUBBEEZ!!11
« Reply #315 on: October 09, 2009, 12:26:11 PM »
this guy thinks the Cubs should thropw in Angel Guzman if the Rays demand him, AND put Burrell in LF and move Fonzie to CF.

http://www.cubslocker.com/2009/10/08/the-chicago-cubs-are-ready-to-deal-milton-bradley/

"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #316 on: October 09, 2009, 12:35:38 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on October 09, 2009, 12:26:11 PM
this guy thinks the Cubs should thropw in Angel Guzman if the Rays demand him, AND put Burrell in LF and move Fonzie to CF.

http://www.cubslocker.com/2009/10/08/the-chicago-cubs-are-ready-to-deal-milton-bradley/

I didn't know you wrote under the name of chinmusic.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #317 on: October 09, 2009, 12:39:19 PM »

Someone set this person on fire.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #318 on: October 09, 2009, 01:06:51 PM »
Quote from: Ivy6 on October 08, 2009, 05:27:56 PM
Quote from: BH on October 08, 2009, 04:26:16 PM
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 08, 2009, 04:12:29 PM
Quote from: BH on October 08, 2009, 03:59:36 PM
"Chris De Luca of the Chicago Sun-Times believes the Cubs are pushing the Rays to make a deal for Milton Bradley quickly.
Chicago would certainly like to avoid the Bradley saga dragging out all offseason, impacting their free agency plans and are likely to be aggressive as a result. The Rays were one of Bradley's top suitors last winter and would theoretically still be interested. Tampa opted for Pat Burrell instead at a cheaper price (two years, $16 million as opposed to 3/$30), who had a rough year. A Bradley/Burrell deal makes a lot of sense, but the Cubbies would have to toss in money to make it happen.
Source: Chicago Sun-Times
Related: Pat Burrell"

32 years old and a million different kinds of awful last year.  This will end well.

He's a free swinger. Donuts likes guys like this.

Pat Burrell?  One of the most disciplined hitters in the league back before he passed away? The guy who walked 103 times a year from 05-08?  Or do you mean he's free swinging in that he strikes out a lot?  I hate those guys, especially when they get on base at a .363 clip over their careers.

You beat me to the "God damn you're so wrong, IAN" punch.  Last year aside, Burrell has been pretty much automatic for an OPS right around .900 for the past several years.  Considering the fact that every other GM in baseball knows Jim HAS to trade Bradley, I'd love to get Burrell in return.
Hire Jim Essian!

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #319 on: October 09, 2009, 02:12:55 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 09, 2009, 01:06:51 PM
"Chris De Luca of the Chicago Sun-Times believes the Cubs are pushing the Rays to make a deal for Milton Bradley quickly.
Chicago would certainly like to avoid the Bradley saga dragging out all offseason, impacting their free agency plans and are likely to be aggressive as a result. The Rays were one of Bradley's top suitors last winter and would theoretically still be interested. Tampa opted for Pat Burrell instead at a cheaper price (two years, $16 million as opposed to 3/$30), who had a rough year. A Bradley/Burrell deal makes a lot of sense, but the Cubbies would have to toss in money to make it happen.

32 years old and a million different kinds of awful last year.  This will end well.

Pat Burrell?  One of the most disciplined hitters in the league back before he passed away? The guy who walked 103 times a year from 05-08?  Or do you mean he's free swinging in that he strikes out a lot?  I hate those guys, especially when they get on base at a .363 clip over their careers.

You beat me to the "God damn you're so wrong, IAN" punch.  Last year aside, Burrell has been pretty much automatic for an OPS right around .900 for the past several years.  Considering the fact that every other GM in baseball knows Jim HAS to trade Bradley, I'd love to get Burrell in return.

You also missed the part where I recanted.  But, there's no guarantee that he'll return to an OBP near .363 or OPS near .900 at the age of 33.  If the Cubs have to get rid of Bradley and all they can get back is Burrell, then I won't argue at all.  I'm just saying, last year Burrell is awful.  The upside:  he's only under contract through 2010 at $9MM.  The downside:  Jim's already drafting an eight-year contract.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #320 on: October 09, 2009, 02:19:11 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on October 09, 2009, 02:12:55 PM

You also missed the part where I recanted.  But, there's no guarantee that he'll return to an OBP near .363 or OPS near .900 at the age of 33.  If the Cubs have to get rid of Bradley and all they can get back is Burrell, then I won't argue at all.  I'm just saying, last year Burrell is awful.  The upside:  he's only under contract through 2010 at $9MM.  The downside:  Jim's already drafting an eight-year contract.

Wait, there's NO GUARANTEE that a guy will put up certain numbers?  Well, why the hell are we even watching?
Hire Jim Essian!

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #321 on: October 09, 2009, 02:26:04 PM »

THIS
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Ghost of Dave Rosello

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #322 on: October 09, 2009, 02:26:37 PM »

That would fun to watch.

And by "fun to watch" I mean "as fun as whacking yourself in the nuts with a claw hammer."

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #323 on: October 09, 2009, 02:28:10 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 09, 2009, 02:19:11 PM

Wait, there's NO GUARANTEE that a guy will put up certain numbers?  Well, why the hell are we even watching?

Once my statfag dream of a sport played by computers on graph paper, we won't have to.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #324 on: October 09, 2009, 02:43:40 PM »
Quote from: Jon on October 09, 2009, 02:28:10 PM
Quote from: Kermit, B. on October 09, 2009, 02:19:11 PM

Once my statfag dream of a sport played by computers on graph paper, we won't have to.

A STRANGE GAME.
THE ONLY WINNING MOVE IS
NOT TO PLAY.

HOW ABOUT A NICE GAME OF CHESS?
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #327 on: October 15, 2009, 09:57:21 PM »
Quote from: BearsBearsBearsB... on October 15, 2009, 08:09:40 PM
Rudy Jaramillo will solve all the problems!  Even Bradley!

No.

I was convinced in the SBox that if you're going to get a hitting coach then get the best one. I'm fine with that, but if this happens it MIGHT be in the top 10 of significant moves this offseason.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #328 on: October 15, 2009, 10:10:18 PM »
Did anyone notice another thing that a lot of Jaramillo's students had in common?

Sammy Sosa, Juan Gonzalez, Ivan Rodriguez, Jeff Bagwell, and Alex Rodriguez?

Maybe Hendry should just sign Jaramillo's pharmacist.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #329 on: October 15, 2009, 10:14:27 PM »
Quote from: CT III on October 15, 2009, 10:10:18 PM
Did anyone notice another thing that a lot of Jaramillo's students had in common?

Sammy Sosa, Juan Gonzalez, Ivan Rodriguez, Jeff Bagwell, and Alex Rodriguez?

Maybe Hendry should just sign Jaramillo's pharmacist.

Wasn't Mark DeRosa there, too?