News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2010 Cubs Free Agent and Roster Moves Thread: SAVEENG OUR KUBBEEZ!!11  ( 157,838 )

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
Re: The 2010 Cubs Free Agent and Roster Moves Thread: SAVEENG OUR KUBBEEZ!!11
« Reply #345 on: October 19, 2009, 04:50:41 PM »
Quote from: BH on October 19, 2009, 04:39:27 PM
Chuck's gonna love this.

"SI.com's Jon Heyman reports that the Cubs are close to hiring Rudy Jaramillo as their new hitting coach.
Jaramillo opted against taking a one-year deal to remain with the Rangers, which looks smart with Heyman noting that he's expected to "receive a multiyear deal for about $800,000 per year." That would make him the highest-paid coach in baseball.
Source: SI.com "

Will Dave Duncan be next, seeing as the Cubs are spreading the wealth on coaches now?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #346 on: October 19, 2009, 04:54:30 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on October 19, 2009, 04:50:41 PM
Chuck's gonna love this.

"SI.com's Jon Heyman reports that the Cubs are close to hiring Rudy Jaramillo as their new hitting coach.
Jaramillo opted against taking a one-year deal to remain with the Rangers, which looks smart with Heyman noting that he's expected to "receive a multiyear deal for about $800,000 per year." That would make him the highest-paid coach in baseball.

Will Dave Duncan be next, seeing as the Cubs are spreading the wealth on coaches now?

In case you haven't heard the past 7 years, Larry Rothschild is one of the most respected men in baseball.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #347 on: October 19, 2009, 04:56:32 PM »
Chuck's gonna love this.

What kind of no-trade clause will Hendry be "forced" to give him?

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #348 on: October 19, 2009, 05:12:28 PM »
Quote from: BH on October 19, 2009, 04:54:30 PM
Chuck's gonna love this.

In case you haven't heard the past 7 years, Larry Rothschild is one of the most respected men in baseball.

I want to know what kind of nude photos Larry has that have allowed him to keep his job despite three managerial changes during his tenure. 

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #349 on: October 19, 2009, 05:30:37 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on October 19, 2009, 05:12:28 PM
Chuck's gonna love this.

I want to know what kind of nude photos Larry has that have allowed him to keep his job despite three managerial changes during his tenure. 

No you don't.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #350 on: October 19, 2009, 05:31:49 PM »
Chuck's gonna love this.

Uncle Albert is not in a panic about extending his contract with the Deadbirds.  

"I reiterate that money is not everything," Pujols said in the radio interview

No.  Albert is taking a long look at which team offers the best retiree health plan, 401k matching contributions, and other programs appropriate to the concerns of those reaching a certain age.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #351 on: October 19, 2009, 06:35:32 PM »
Chuck's gonna love this.

I posted something somewhere along the line pointing out that Rothschild's pitching staffs have been in the top 3rd or so in the NL during his tenure. I'm not going to find where because I'm fat and lazy, but yea.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #352 on: October 19, 2009, 06:41:40 PM »
Quote from: IrishYeti on October 19, 2009, 06:35:32 PM
Chuck's gonna love this.

I posted something somewhere along the line pointing out that Rothschild's pitching staffs have been in the top 3rd or so in the NL during his tenure. I'm not going to find where because I'm fat and lazy, but yea.

You can start here.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #353 on: October 19, 2009, 06:47:49 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 19, 2009, 06:41:40 PM
Chuck's gonna love this.

You can start here.

I don't think he should be fired or anything, I just find it interesting that he's remained in that position.  I always assumed that a coaching squad flowed from the manager's preferences, such that he got to select the people he wanted around him, like the President with his Cabinet.

I guess I was mistaken.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #354 on: October 19, 2009, 06:49:37 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on October 19, 2009, 05:31:49 PM

Uncle Albert is not in a panic about extending his contract with the Deadbirds.  

"I reiterate that money is not everything," Pujols said in the radio interview

No.  Albert is taking a long look at which team offers the best retiree health plan, 401k matching contributions, and other programs appropriate to the concerns of those reaching a certain age.

I'm pretty sure whichever team has the best chemists is at least as important as money.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #355 on: October 19, 2009, 06:50:26 PM »
Quote from: Gil Gunderson on October 19, 2009, 06:47:49 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on October 19, 2009, 06:41:40 PM
Chuck's gonna love this.

You can start here.

I don't think he should be fired or anything, I just find it interesting that he's remained in that position.  I always assumed that a coaching squad flowed from the manager's preferences, such that he got to select the people he wanted around him, like the President with his Cabinet.

I guess I was mistaken.

No, actually you're correct.
Any success that the Cubs pitching staff has had under Larry aside, it's pretty common to change out your staff when you start anew as a manager.

Or, if you're the Cubs, it's pretty common to change out your hitting coach every 4 months.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #356 on: October 21, 2009, 01:55:00 AM »
Almost DRLP at this point, but, enter Jaramillo.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Dave B

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
"Irritatin', ain't it?"- Ernest T. Bass

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #358 on: October 21, 2009, 03:31:48 PM »
Quote from: Dave B on October 21, 2009, 03:23:31 PM
Crazy Rumor Guy's analysis:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/10/offseason-outlook-chicago-cubs.html

I see Yeti's posting under the name WrigleyTerror37

I say KEEP BRADLY. yes i know but hear me out. If this new hitting couch can help Bradly,and Soriano start hitting again then great.
But if Bradly still isnt hitting then i say we trade him around the trade deadline. And if we do trade him then All we need to do is call up Colvin and our out field would be Fuld, Soriano, Fukudome, Colvin, and Johnson[if we resign him hope the cubs do].

Gil Gunderson

• I do justice-y things.
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #359 on: October 21, 2009, 04:11:50 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on October 21, 2009, 03:31:48 PM
Quote from: Dave B on October 21, 2009, 03:23:31 PM
Crazy Rumor Guy's analysis:

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2009/10/offseason-outlook-chicago-cubs.html

I see Yeti's posting under the name WrigleyTerror37

I say KEEP BRADLY. yes i know but hear me out. If this new hitting couch can help Bradly,and Soriano start hitting again then great.
But if Bradly still isnt hitting then i say we trade him around the trade deadline. And if we do trade him then All we need to do is call up Colvin and our out field would be Fuld, Soriano, Fukudome, Colvin, and Johnson[if we resign him hope the cubs do].

This made me throw up a little bit in my mouth:

Their likely 2010 committments:
IF - Aaron Miles - $2.7MM

Fuck.