News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2010 Cubs Free Agent and Roster Moves Thread: SAVEENG OUR KUBBEEZ!!11  ( 157,643 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 2010 Cubs Free Agent and Roster Moves Thread: SAVEENG OUR KUBBEEZ!!11
« Reply #390 on: November 05, 2009, 07:38:51 PM »
Two outfield options off the market:

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/boston-acquires-hermida/

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/angels-re-sign-abreu/

Hermida would've been an interesting guy to take a flyer on. Anybody else up for Mike Cameron on a one year deal?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #391 on: November 05, 2009, 08:47:22 PM »
Quote from: R-V on November 05, 2009, 07:38:51 PM

Hermida would've been an interesting guy to take a flyer on. Anybody else up for Mike Cameron on a one year deal?

Giddy-up!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #392 on: November 05, 2009, 09:44:24 PM »
Sure.  That means Hendry signs him for three.

No thanks.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #393 on: November 05, 2009, 10:15:31 PM »
Anybody else up for Mike Cameron on a one year deal?

They could do a lot worse, I guess.

Philberto

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #394 on: November 05, 2009, 10:22:19 PM »

I'm up for a guy who's historically been "worth" twice what he's made. He'll come cheap and give you much more than you've paid for. I've been wanting him and Polanco this offseason (if MB does indeed go). They shouldn't cost too much, they'll perform above their price, and could give you money to spend on Harden or another reliever. Billy Wagner to a one year deal?

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #395 on: November 06, 2009, 01:54:18 PM »
Kenny wants Johnny Damon. Awesome.

"General manager Ken Williams told reporters that outfielder Scott Podsednik is unlikely to return next season.
"I think that is not likely based on what he wants, so we will keep getting after it in other areas," said Williams in regards to Podsednik. The 33-year-old outfielder had one of the better comeback seasons in the majors in 2009, batting .304/.353/.412 with seven homers, 48 RBI and 30 stolen bases while being a spark plug atop the White Sox lineup. While Podsednik will get his money elsewhere, early chatter has the White Sox could be in the mix for Johnny Damon.
Source: Scott Merkin on Twitter "

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #396 on: November 06, 2009, 02:15:29 PM »
Quote from: BH on November 06, 2009, 01:54:18 PM
Kenny wants Johnny Damon. Awesome.

"General manager Ken Williams told reporters that outfielder Scott Podsednik is unlikely to return next season.
"I think that is not likely based on what he wants, so we will keep getting after it in other areas," said Williams in regards to Podsednik. The 33-year-old outfielder had one of the better comeback seasons in the majors in 2009, batting .304/.353/.412 with seven homers, 48 RBI and 30 stolen bases while being a spark plug atop the White Sox lineup. While Podsednik will get his money elsewhere, early chatter has the White Sox could be in the mix for Johnny Damon.
Source: Scott Merkin on Twitter "

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #397 on: November 06, 2009, 02:37:13 PM »
Kenny turns more and more into Jim Hendry every day.

Trading two guys for Teahen is exactly the kind of thing Hendry would love to do.  Teahen's versatility makes him an ideal bench player, especially in the National League, but the Sox are going to play him every day at third base.

Signing Johnny Damon is a move that would have Hendry green with envy.

He's 36, can't really play the outfield, and his biggest asset is his speed, which, at 36 ain't what it used to be.  On impressive stat on him from last year though, he was 12-12 in stolen bases.  He's the anti-Theriot.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #398 on: November 06, 2009, 03:08:51 PM »
Quote from: Andy on November 06, 2009, 02:37:13 PM

Trading two guys for Teahen is exactly the kind of thing Hendry would love to do.  Teahen's versatility makes him an ideal bench player, especially in the National League, but the Sox are going to play him every day at third base.

He's 36, can't really play the outfield, and his biggest asset is his speed, which, at 36 ain't what it used to be.  On impressive stat on him from last year though, he was 12-12 in stolen bases.  He's the anti-Theriot.

And he was Jim Cavezell's stunt double in The Last Temptation of Christ.

"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #399 on: November 06, 2009, 04:24:27 PM »

You had to be impressed when he stole two bases on the same play in the fourth game of the series. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #400 on: November 06, 2009, 05:08:45 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on November 06, 2009, 03:08:51 PM

And he was Jim Cavezell's stunt double in The Last Temptation of Christ.

I thought I saw Johnny of Nazereth in a GEICO commercial.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #401 on: November 08, 2009, 05:31:10 PM »
Great news!

QuoteDeRosa, coming off wrist surgery, figures to field an offer from the Chicago Cubs, at the least.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #402 on: November 08, 2009, 06:10:24 PM »
Quote from: B-B-Bears on November 08, 2009, 05:31:10 PM
Great news!

QuoteDeRosa, coming off wrist surgery, figures to field an offer from the Chicago Cubs, at the least.

That sound you just heard was the collective boner the swertzki's just popped.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #403 on: November 08, 2009, 07:27:30 PM »
Quote from: BBM on November 08, 2009, 06:10:24 PM
Quote from: B-B-Bears on November 08, 2009, 05:31:10 PM
Great news!

That sound you just heard was the collective boner the swertzki's just popped.

BFD! NOW THEY STILL HAVE TO GET RID OF THAT ASSHOLE RF AND THEIR LOOSING REID TO FREE AGENCY NOW!!! THIS IS FUCKING CORRUPTED FRANCHISE!!!!
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

MidgetSellingWater

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #404 on: November 11, 2009, 06:37:08 AM »
This is rich.  Free agent ranking are out and losing Rich Harden (Type B) only gets us a supplemental pick while losing closer extraordinaire Kevin Gregg (Type A) and lone lefty John Grabow (Type A) nets us both (potentially) a first rounder and a supplemental pick.  This list makes no sense at all.  In what world is Gregg in the top 20% at his position?  Unless that position involves producing stained underpants.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/thehotstoneleague/2010237252_elias_free_agent_rankings_are.html