News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2010 Cubs Free Agent and Roster Moves Thread: SAVEENG OUR KUBBEEZ!!11  ( 157,654 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 2010 Cubs Free Agent and Roster Moves Thread: SAVEENG OUR KUBBEEZ!!11
« Reply #780 on: December 16, 2009, 10:09:37 AM »
Quote from: BH on December 16, 2009, 09:46:08 AM
Quote from: CT III on December 16, 2009, 09:40:44 AM
Quote from: R-V on December 16, 2009, 09:25:16 AM
Coco Crisp anyone? Not as good of a hitter as Byrd, but he's younger, better defensively, and you could probably get him on the cheap for one year. As opposed to Marlon's inevitable 3 year deal. Downside: his shoulder might not work.

Really I'm just throwing shit out there at this point. This offseason is humiliating.

I'm looking forward to an awesome outfield experience of Soriano, Scotty Pods and Milton Bradley.  It's going to be legendary.

You are a retard if you don't think all of Hendry's moves this offseason are geared toward trading Milton for a 2B.

PANK MISS DERO!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #781 on: December 16, 2009, 10:15:24 AM »
Coco Crisp anyone? Not as good of a hitter as Byrd, but he's younger, better defensively, and you could probably get him on the cheap for one year. As opposed to Marlon's inevitable 3 year deal. Downside: his shoulder might not work.

I guess it could be kind of entertaining to have the two most ridiculously named players in baseball in the same outfield. 

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #782 on: December 16, 2009, 10:20:49 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 16, 2009, 10:15:24 AM

I guess it could be kind of entertaining to have the two most ridiculously named players in baseball in the same outfield. 

We get it - you think Japanese people are inferior.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #783 on: December 16, 2009, 10:22:41 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 16, 2009, 10:20:49 AM

I thought he was talking about Adolpho.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #784 on: December 16, 2009, 10:26:03 AM »
Quote from: CT III on December 16, 2009, 10:22:41 AM

I thought I was talking about Milton Bradley.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #785 on: December 16, 2009, 10:28:09 AM »
Quote from: Eli on December 16, 2009, 10:26:03 AM
Quote from: CT III on December 16, 2009, 10:22:41 AM

I thought I was talking about Milton Bradley.

Clearly my jokes are awful. I'll hang up now.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #786 on: December 16, 2009, 10:31:15 AM »
Quote from: Slack-E on December 16, 2009, 10:28:09 AM
Clearly my jokes are awful.

Don't you ever say that.

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #787 on: December 16, 2009, 10:38:36 AM »

I guess you could have asked the Cleveland Indians when they had them both.
Hire Jim Essian!

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #788 on: December 16, 2009, 10:54:17 AM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on December 16, 2009, 10:38:36 AM

I guess you could have asked the Cleveland Indians when they had them both.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #789 on: December 16, 2009, 12:46:52 PM »
Quote from: BH on December 16, 2009, 09:46:08 AM
Quote from: CT III on December 16, 2009, 09:40:44 AM

Really I'm just throwing shit out there at this point. This offseason is humiliating.

I'm looking forward to an awesome outfield experience of Soriano, Scotty Pods and Milton Bradley.  It's going to be legendary.

You are a retard if you don't think all of Hendry's moves this offseason are geared toward trading Milton for a 2B.

BRIAN ROBERTS!!!!!
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #790 on: December 17, 2009, 10:55:01 AM »
This guy makes CrazyRumorGuy look official.

"Levine's Lines....
UPDATE- I received a email from Bruce Miles and he said there is no truth to a fire sale before the season and it is unlikely that Jim is fired before the 2010 season as well.

- Levine still thinks once the Cubs trade Milton Bradley for Pat Burrell, Jim will send Burrell to the Mets for Luis Castillo.

- Levine said the Mets need RBI production and Burrell can provide that for them even though we have heard the Mets are not interested in Burrell.

- Levine stated if the Mets signed Bay or Holliday it would not handcuff the Cubs. Burrell would either have to sit for a while or be the platoon partner for Fukudome in RF next season. Whoa!

- Once again the Cubs do not need to trade Bradley to sign free agents. Then why have we not signed anyone?

- The Cubs are considered long shots to sign Aroldis Chapman. Boy would I like to add him to the rotation.

- Byrd is still the Cubs top priority and have stepped up talks since the Cameron signing.

As far as the fire sale goes I am looking into it more but do want to say I am not just pulling this out of the air. I have receive numerous emails on the possible fire sale and it just made sense to me to post it. My sources want to stay secret for various reasons and I respect that and I hope my readers will to as well. If I come across a link or someone confirming a rumor I will post it on my blog. I will back it up with that, this I promise you.

Thanks for reading and posting. I will keep you updated on the Cubs rumors and news as it develops.
Posted by cubsfan82 at 10:20 AM 6 comments "

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #791 on: December 17, 2009, 11:58:20 AM »
Quote from: BH on December 17, 2009, 10:55:01 AM

"Levine's Lines....
UPDATE- I received a email from Bruce Miles and he said there is no truth to a fire sale before the season and it is unlikely that Jim is fired before the 2010 season as well.

- Levine still thinks once the Cubs trade Milton Bradley for Pat Burrell, Jim will send Burrell to the Mets for Luis Castillo.

- Levine said the Mets need RBI production and Burrell can provide that for them even though we have heard the Mets are not interested in Burrell.

- Levine stated if the Mets signed Bay or Holliday it would not handcuff the Cubs. Burrell would either have to sit for a while or be the platoon partner for Fukudome in RF next season. Whoa!

- Once again the Cubs do not need to trade Bradley to sign free agents. Then why have we not signed anyone?

- The Cubs are considered long shots to sign Aroldis Chapman. Boy would I like to add him to the rotation.

- Byrd is still the Cubs top priority and have stepped up talks since the Cameron signing.

As far as the fire sale goes I am looking into it more but do want to say I am not just pulling this out of the air. I have receive numerous emails on the possible fire sale and it just made sense to me to post it. My sources want to stay secret for various reasons and I respect that and I hope my readers will to as well. If I come across a link or someone confirming a rumor I will post it on my blog. I will back it up with that, this I promise you.

Thanks for reading and posting. I will keep you updated on the Cubs rumors and news as it develops.

Nice of him to include his IQ as part of his online identity. Life would much more simple if evryone did.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #792 on: December 17, 2009, 11:59:55 AM »
Quote from: Shooter on December 17, 2009, 11:58:20 AM
Quote from: BH on December 17, 2009, 10:55:01 AM

"Levine's Lines....

Nice of him to include his IQ as part of his online identity. Life would much more simple if evryone did.

Now I have to go back to bozos72?

Kermit, B.

• Missing Daryle Ward since 10/04/08
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #793 on: December 17, 2009, 12:00:34 PM »
QuoteANONYMOUS
First if you reveal your sources they are no longer going to be your sources.
Second i don't care which blog or which writers stories you read 90%
of it doesn't happen anyway.
Third this site has been right on alot last year. I know cause i was writting no way we get Miles, no way we get Heilman. But we did.
Maybe you could sign in with a real name instead of ANONYMOUS that way i could see how often you are right. ANONYMOUS

NERD FIGHT!!!
Hire Jim Essian!

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #794 on: December 17, 2009, 12:09:52 PM »
Quote from: Kermit, B. on December 17, 2009, 12:00:34 PM
QuoteANONYMOUS
First if you reveal your sources they are no longer going to be your sources.
Second i don't care which blog or which writers stories you read 90%
of it doesn't happen anyway.
Third this site has been right on alot last year. I know cause i was writting no way we get Miles, no way we get Heilman. But we did.
Maybe you could sign in with a real name instead of ANONYMOUS that way i could see how often you are right. ANONYMOUS

NERD FIGHT!!!

You know, that was my first thought as well.  Go figure.