News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: The 2010 Cubs Free Agent and Roster Moves Thread: SAVEENG OUR KUBBEEZ!!11  ( 157,837 )

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: The 2010 Cubs Free Agent and Roster Moves Thread: SAVEENG OUR KUBBEEZ!!11
« Reply #1215 on: February 11, 2010, 10:05:14 PM »
Yup, I distilled his entire season down the meaningless 115 at bats he had...with runners in scoring position.  And that .385 on base average proves that he really did have a great season after all. 

You win.

How could they have ever gotten rid of such a great player?

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1216 on: February 11, 2010, 10:31:52 PM »
Quote from: Andy on February 11, 2010, 10:05:14 PM
Yup, I distilled his entire season down the meaningless 115 at bats he had...with runners in scoring position.  And that .385 on base average proves that he really did have a great season after all. 

You win.

When someone says Carlos Silva, you don't ask how much.  You ask how high.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1217 on: February 11, 2010, 10:38:08 PM »

You win.

Did I say great? Or should we log this under "Missing the point for $100"?

They got rid of probably their 3rd best hitter from last year for a pitcher who is likely to be the 7th-8th starter (if even on the team at all) and a few million.

I said that 414 of his 473 PAs from 2009 were basically in line with his career numbers. You were more concerned with 115 PAs.. Making a point about a very small portion of someone's PAs can often lead to very bad analysis about what actually happened.

414 isn't the biggest sample of a guy's performance, but I'd rather use those 414 consecutive PAs than 115 random PAs.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1218 on: February 12, 2010, 08:13:38 AM »
Nobody.  Gives.  A.  Shit.  I can't even remember what team Milton was traded to.  And, I don't care.  He was a turd, but he wasn't as awful as people make him out to be.  Can we stop arguing over this stupid shit?  Or, is that what we do here?
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Andy

• Head Moran
  • Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1219 on: February 12, 2010, 08:44:23 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 11, 2010, 10:38:08 PM

You win.

Did I say great? Or should we log this under "Missing the point for $100"?

They got rid of probably their 3rd best hitter from last year for a pitcher who is likely to be the 7th-8th starter (if even on the team at all) and a few million.

I said that 414 of his 473 PAs from 2009 were basically in line with his career numbers. You were more concerned with 115 PAs.. Making a point about a very small portion of someone's PAs can often lead to very bad analysis about what actually happened.

414 isn't the biggest sample of a guy's performance, but I'd rather use those 414 consecutive PAs than 115 random PAs.

Guh.

Jon

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1220 on: February 12, 2010, 09:09:53 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 12, 2010, 08:13:38 AM
Nobody.  Gives.  A.  Shit.  I can't even remember what team Milton was traded to.  And, I don't care.  He was a turd, but he wasn't as awful as people make him out to be.  Can we stop arguing over this stupid shit?  Or, is that what we do here?

Actually, I believe that is what we do here.

But I agree with your Milton analysis.
Take that, Adolf Eyechart.

"I'm just saying, penis aside, that broad had a tight fuckable body in that movie. Sans penis of course.." - A peek into *IAN's psyche

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1221 on: February 12, 2010, 09:38:08 AM »
Nobody.  Gives.  A.  Shit.  I can't even remember what team Milton was traded to.  And, I don't care.  He was a turd complete and utterly fucktarded dickhead, but he wasn't as awful of a baseball player as people make him out to be, and we're all enlightened enough Not to believe in such concepts as team chemistry, but that doesn't change the fact that he was a cock when he was here and now he is gone and nothing can be done about it.   Can we stop arguing over this stupid shit?  Or, is that what we do here?

Making everybody happy'd.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1222 on: February 12, 2010, 09:40:03 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 12, 2010, 09:38:08 AM
Nobody.  Gives.  A.  Shit.  I can't even remember what team Milton was traded to.  And, I don't care.  He was a turd complete and utterly fucktarded dickhead, but he wasn't as awful of a baseball player as people make him out to be, and we're all enlightened enough Not to believe in such concepts as team chemistry, but that doesn't change the fact that he was a cock when he was here and now he is gone and nothing can be done about it.   Can we stop arguing over this stupid shit?  Or, is that what we do here?

I'm not.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1223 on: February 12, 2010, 09:46:25 AM »

I can work with this. 

I believe Apex said it best when he said you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.  Milton is not the reason the Cubs sucked, but he made it oh so very hard to defend him with his pathological turdism.  The guy basically went out of his way to be a misunderstood pain in the dickhole.  I think they should have held on to him, considering the flaming bag of shit they got for him, but what's done is done.  Let's move on to hating this years team.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1224 on: February 12, 2010, 09:49:26 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on February 12, 2010, 09:40:03 AM

I'm not.

Then just shut up and stew somewhere quietly. We get it, you decided to dabble in the world of sabermetrics and somehow figured out that the most appropriate way to show off your fancy new metrics was to draw a line in the sand at Milton Bradley and stand by him until the end of time. Why exactly you chose him, no one knows. Even Eli stopped arguing in favor of the guy once he was gone. Go back to the FDB2 messageboards and grind your axe with other bitter, broken people who will argue the same point that no one else wants to debate for days and days without making any progress towards an end. Leave it be, Yeti.

And fuck downstate Illinois.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1225 on: February 12, 2010, 09:53:52 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 12, 2010, 09:49:26 AM
Quote from: Yeti on February 12, 2010, 09:40:03 AM

I'm not.

Then just shut up and stew somewhere quietly. We get it, you decided to dabble in the world of sabermetrics and somehow figured out that the most appropriate way to show off your fancy new metrics was to draw a line in the sand at Milton Bradley and stand by him until the end of time. Why exactly you chose him, no one knows. Even Eli stopped arguing in favor of the guy once he was gone. Go back to the FDB2 messageboards and grind your axe with other bitter, broken people who will argue the same point that no one else wants to debate for days and days without making any progress towards an end. Leave it be, Yeti.

And fuck downstate Illinois.

Is Iowa better?

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1226 on: February 12, 2010, 09:55:00 AM »
Quote from: MAD on February 12, 2010, 09:46:25 AM

I can work with this. 

I believe Apex said it best when he said you can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.  Milton is not the reason the Cubs sucked, but he made it oh so very hard to defend him with his pathological turdism.  The guy basically went out of his way to be a misunderstood pain in the dickhole.  I think they should have held on to him, considering the flaming bag of shit they got for him, but what's done is done.  Let's move on to hating this years team.

DONE.  I already hate them.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1227 on: February 12, 2010, 09:58:49 AM »
Even Eli stopped arguing in favor of the guy once he was gone.

EXACTLY. 

Yeti's recent sabermetric burst has shown me just how annoying I've been all these years.  I'd like to apologize to everyone for everything I've ever said, and I'm truly sorry for all those times I quoted made-up stats from Fangraphs. 

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1228 on: February 12, 2010, 10:01:41 AM »
Quote from: Eli on February 12, 2010, 09:58:49 AM

EXACTLY. 

Yeti's recent sabermetric burst has shown me just how annoying I've been all these years.  I'd like to apologize to everyone for everything I've ever said, and I'm truly sorry for all those times I quoted made-up stats from Fangraphs. 

You're sorry that you don't argue in favor of judging someone off of 100 random ABs or point out how stupid it is to do so?

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1229 on: February 12, 2010, 10:03:15 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on February 12, 2010, 09:55:00 AM
Quote from: MAD on February 12, 2010, 09:46:25 AM

I can work with this. 

DONE.  I already hate them.

I have enough hate for both.  Why can't we hate both?  If we can't hate the past, then we can't complain about not hating the future.  Wait, is that right?  I don't care.  Fuck the 2009 Cubs, and I look forwad to fucking the 2010 Cubs, too!  Shit, I did it again, didn't I?  You know what I mean!

Quote from: Eli on February 12, 2010, 09:58:49 AM

EXACTLY.  

Yeti's recent sabermetric burst has shown me just how annoying I've been all these years.  I'd like to apologize to everyone for everything I've ever said, and I'm truly sorry for all those times I quoted made-up stats from Fangraphs.  

Come on!  No one can take away the awesome sense of self-righteousness I feel when someone defends Juan Pierre because he gets 200 hits.