News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: PS3 Slim and Price Cut  ( 38,366 )

Pre

• Hank White Fan Club
Re: PS3 Slim and Price Cut
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2010, 11:16:28 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 15, 2010, 10:50:01 AM
I'm going PS3 exclusive.

Further proof that the 360 gets all the good exclusives.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2010, 11:21:53 AM »
Quote from: Pre on March 15, 2010, 11:16:28 AM
I'm going PS3 exclusive.

THAT was funny.

Kerm, I really just want the PS3 for The Show and military sims.  I figure the XBOX only gives me military sims and not good baseball.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2010, 12:02:25 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 15, 2010, 11:21:53 AM
Quote from: Pre on March 15, 2010, 11:16:28 AM
I'm going PS3 exclusive.

THAT was funny.

Kerm, I really just want the PS3 for The Show and military sims.  I figure the XBOX only gives me military sims and not good baseball.

Welcome to the club.  Now, get it done.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2010, 01:17:56 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 15, 2010, 11:00:26 AM
UPDATE, AGAIN:  The PS3 was unrepairable.  Also, my 360 died while the PS3 was away.  So, I got nothing.  I traded in a lot of my 360 shit to Game Stop while the 50% bonus was (and still is) going on.  I got $225 in credit, which is more than enough to help pay for a PS3.  I have a test to take in mid-April, so I'll just hold off on buying something new until I'm done with the test.  After that, I'm going PS3 exclusive.

I bet you're going to regret that decision.

Honestly, I believe the PS3 is the superior system, but that doesn't keep me away from Xbox at all. The only gripe I have heard from you is the controller, which I agree with. I'm happy with the Xbox controller. I also think that R1 to shoot instead of R2 is backwards to the way it "should" be, but oh well. The PS3 has a lot more to offer with the Blu-Ray, the ability to run a separate OS, and the browser. One thing about the PSN is the fact that it's online stuff is free, however, that just invites people to cheat. For example, on MW2 you'll find people "boosting" where one teammate will kill an opponent who is his friend just to get a nuke. With a free network, that stuff is frequent. Xbox has had a few people doing that. I caught someone doing that this weekend but I disposed of the culprits each time

I keep buying games for Xbox because I like the way they control and I am, like you, a bit of an achievement whore.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2010, 01:22:01 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 15, 2010, 01:17:56 PM
UPDATE, AGAIN:  The PS3 was unrepairable.  Also, my 360 died while the PS3 was away.  So, I got nothing.  I traded in a lot of my 360 shit to Game Stop while the 50% bonus was (and still is) going on.  I got $225 in credit, which is more than enough to help pay for a PS3.  I have a test to take in mid-April, so I'll just hold off on buying something new until I'm done with the test.  After that, I'm going PS3 exclusive.

Honestly, I believe the PS3 is the superior system, but that doesn’t keep me away from Xbox at all. The only gripe I have heard from you is the controller, which I agree with. I’m happy with the Xbox controller. I also think that R1 to shoot instead of R2 is backwards to the way it “should” be, but oh well. The PS3 has a lot more to offer with the Blu-Ray, the ability to run a separate OS, and the browser. One thing about the PSN is the fact that it’s online stuff is free, however, that just invites people to cheat. For example, on MW2 you’ll find people “boosting” where one teammate will kill an opponent who is his friend just to get a nuke. With a free network, that stuff is frequent. Xbox has had a few people doing that. I caught someone doing that this weekend but I disposed of the culprits each time

I keep buying games for Xbox because I like the way they control and I am, like you, a bit of an achievement whore.

I only liked achievements because of the little sound it made when it pops up after I get one.  I think I'll be fine without it.  Most of my MW2 pals were on 360.  Well, I might go so far to say that I won't miss MW2 much at all either.  My biggest thing about leaving 360 is that my little brother plays on the 360.  As far as the controller, I really don't care.  Can it be that much of a difference?

Anyway, as I said before, the PS3 gives me good baseball and the only other games I really care about are military sims and GTA like games and they're all cross-platform.  Which reminds me...Medal of Honor is looking bonertastic.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2010, 01:22:39 PM »

Honestly, I believe the PS3 is the superior system, but that doesn't keep me away from Xbox at all. The only gripe I have heard from you is the controller, which I agree with. I'm happy with the Xbox controller. I also think that R1 to shoot instead of R2 is backwards to the way it "should" be, but oh well. The PS3 has a lot more to offer with the Blu-Ray, the ability to run a separate OS, and the browser. One thing about the PSN is the fact that it's online stuff is free, however, that just invites people to cheat. For example, on MW2 you'll find people "boosting" where one teammate will kill an opponent who is his friend just to get a nuke. With a free network, that stuff is frequent. Xbox has had a few people doing that. I caught someone doing that this weekend but I disposed of the culprits each time

You're not reading carefully enough.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2010, 01:55:09 PM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 15, 2010, 01:22:39 PM

Duly noted:

Quote from: Kermit IV on January 13, 2010, 04:17:21 PM
Do you PS3 guys have trouble with your controller unpairing from the console every couple of weeks or so?  And, when it does, why did they make it such a ridiculous process to get it to sync back up?  I need a fricking pin to get my controller to sync?  Seriously?  Eat shit, Sony.  I know the 360 took a lot of grief for the red ring of death issues, but it is a MUCH better console than the PS3.

Quote from: Kermit IV on January 14, 2010, 09:01:48 AM
Hmm.  This could be it.  Though it's still a stupid engineering design to make the resync button only pressable with a pin or Weebs' dong.  What's wrong with a small button?

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2010, 02:04:10 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 15, 2010, 01:55:09 PM

Duly noted:

Do you PS3 guys have trouble with your controller unpairing from the console every couple of weeks or so?  And, when it does, why did they make it such a ridiculous process to get it to sync back up?  I need a fricking pin to get my controller to sync?  Seriously?  Eat shit, Sony.  I know the 360 took a lot of grief for the red ring of death issues, but it is a MUCH better console than the PS3.

Hmm.  This could be it.  Though it's still a stupid engineering design to make the resync button only pressable with a pin or Weebs' dong.  What's wrong with a small button?

In re MW2 and the controller, you can always customize your controller to your preferences. 

And to BK's points, I've never run into these problems.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #83 on: March 15, 2010, 02:10:30 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 15, 2010, 02:04:10 PM

Duly noted:

In re MW2 and the controller, you can always customize your controller to your preferences. 

I could Google these things, but I'd rather keep Mom's Basement a flutter with activity.  What's this about a code for a controller?  And, I read that the PSN is free?  Is it's content free, too?  Like map packs and the like?

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #84 on: March 15, 2010, 02:14:20 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on March 15, 2010, 02:10:30 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 15, 2010, 02:04:10 PM

Duly noted:

I could Google these things, but I'd rather keep Mom's Basement a flutter with activity.  What's this about a code for a controller?  And, I read that the PSN is free?  Is it's content free, too?  Like map packs and the like?

I never had the issue that Kerm talked about so I don't know about that. My controllers have always sync'd well. The PSN is free, but the content is definitely not free.

Kermit IV

• Still missing Daryle Ward.
  • Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2010, 08:54:28 AM »

Duly noted:

That's one post.  I could reiterate all the points I've made, but I'll just go bump the "Yeti is a douchebag" thread instead.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2010, 09:02:45 AM »
Quote from: Kermit IV on March 16, 2010, 08:54:28 AM

Duly noted:

That's one post.  I could reiterate all the points I've made, but I'll just go bump the "Yeti is a douchebag" thread instead.

FMIL

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #87 on: May 27, 2010, 04:59:40 PM »
So I just ordered a PS3 and a little HDMI/Mini DisplayPort box that will let me play on my 27" iMac.  Already ordered MLB 10.  Is GTA 4 worth it?  And does anyone know any workarounds for my unplayable PS2 games?  (Thanks Sony)
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Gilgamesh

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #88 on: May 27, 2010, 05:33:14 PM »
Quote from: Day Man on May 27, 2010, 04:59:40 PM
So I just ordered a PS3 and a little HDMI/Mini DisplayPort box that will let me play on my 27" iMac.  Already ordered MLB 10.  Is GTA 4 worth it?  And does anyone know any workarounds for my unplayable PS2 games?  (Thanks Sony)

It depends.  Did you get one of the newer PS3s?  The new PS3s do not have backwards capability for PS2 games.  However, the second generation 160 gb units did.

Weebs

• Resident Curb Warmer
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #89 on: May 27, 2010, 05:37:27 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 27, 2010, 05:33:14 PM
Quote from: Day Man on May 27, 2010, 04:59:40 PM

It depends.  Did you get one of the newer PS3s?  The new PS3s do not have backwards capability for PS2 games.  However, the second generation 160 gb units did. Buy a PS2.

Old gen'd.