News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009 College Football Thread  ( 116,723 )

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009 College Football Thread
« Reply #705 on: January 01, 2010, 02:19:05 PM »
Northwestern commits turnovers like they're part of the playbook, Demos can't hit the ocean from the beach, and there was absolutely nothing out of the running game.  Yet Auburn repeatedly gave away golden opportunities to win the game and NU choked.  First and goal needing six points to win, and they can't get it done?  I think this is where I say something about gutless assholes.

Why not run a real play, with your best players at their best positions with the best chance to succeed, instead of asking a wide receiver to convert a do-or-die short yardage run?  Baffling.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #706 on: January 02, 2010, 09:25:41 AM »
Quote from: C-C-Cats on January 01, 2010, 02:19:05 PM
Northwestern commits turnovers like they're part of the playbook, Demos can't hit the ocean from the beach, and there was absolutely nothing out of the running game.  Yet Auburn repeatedly gave away golden opportunities to win the game and NU choked.  First and goal needing six points to win, and they can't get it done?  I think this is where I say something about gutless assholes.

Why not run a real play, with your best players at their best positions with the best chance to succeed, instead of asking a wide receiver to convert a do-or-die short yardage run?  Baffling.

Call them a lot of things, but gutless isn't one of them.  Kafka looked like Jay Utler in the first half with all the redzone turnovers, but he brought them back from 14 down twice (and had to do it on his own.  Demos was just awful awful, ironic because he has been good all year.  Also liked the trick play call, I couldn't think of a worse place to have a backup kicker kick his first kick, and the play very nearly worked, just needed a slightly better downfield block.

Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #707 on: January 02, 2010, 01:06:08 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on January 02, 2010, 09:25:41 AM
Quote from: C-C-Cats on January 01, 2010, 02:19:05 PM

Call them a lot of things, but gutless isn't one of them.  Kafka looked like Jay Utler in the first half with all the redzone turnovers, but he brought them back from 14 down twice (and had to do it on his own.  Demos was just awful awful, ironic because he has been good all year.  Also liked the trick play call, I couldn't think of a worse place to have a backup kicker kick his first kick, and the play very nearly worked, just needed a slightly better downfield block.

That was sarcasm.

As for blaming Wootton for the block, that's another reason why I disagree with the play call.  Don't ask a defensive end to make the key block on the last play of the season.  Run an actual play (like they did on the 2-pt conversion) so trained, skilled blockers can do what they do best.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #708 on: January 02, 2010, 02:15:20 PM »
Blackerry doesn't get green font. Apparently the play was a Walker play they regularly practice but the ball carrier got a bit antsy and didn't wait long enough to let the play develop. Still like the idea of winning it on that play.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #709 on: January 05, 2010, 07:37:28 PM »
Go diddle your asshole, SKO.

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #710 on: January 05, 2010, 07:53:16 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on January 05, 2010, 07:37:28 PM

And you diddle it angrily.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #711 on: January 05, 2010, 09:03:56 PM »
So the Orange Bowl is on now, on some random Tuesday. What the hell happened to college football? Does anybody give a shit about these bowls anymore? Or even know when they are being played?

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #712 on: January 05, 2010, 09:11:13 PM »
Quote from: Tony on January 05, 2010, 09:03:56 PM
So the Orange Bowl is on now, on some random Tuesday. What the hell happened to college football? Does anybody give a shit about these bowls anymore? Or even know when they are being played?

I know the GMAC Bowl is on tomorrow. Which is about two and a half months later than it should to be played if they're still using the "later=more prestigious" bowl scheduling method.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #713 on: January 05, 2010, 09:25:09 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on January 05, 2010, 09:11:13 PM
Quote from: Tony on January 05, 2010, 09:03:56 PM

I know the GMAC Bowl is on tomorrow. Which is about two and a half months later than it should to be played if they're still using the "later=more prestigious" bowl scheduling method.

Maybe it's really early for next year.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #714 on: January 06, 2010, 07:20:15 AM »
Quote from: ChuckD on January 05, 2010, 07:53:16 PM

Fair enough. I bear no ill will towards Iowa. I didn't believe they were a national championship quality team. I still don't. But I've never once had a bad thing to say about their defensive front seven, because those guys are outstanding and have been all year, and that's what won them that game.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #715 on: January 06, 2010, 08:29:03 AM »
Quote from: SKO on January 06, 2010, 07:20:15 AM
Quote from: ChuckD on January 05, 2010, 07:53:16 PM

Fair enough. I bear no ill will towards Iowa. I didn't believe they were a national championship quality team. I still don't. But I've never once had a bad thing to say about their defensive front seven, because those guys are outstanding and have been all year, and that's what won them that game.

I'm trying to remember the last time the Big Ten performed this well in a bowl season. Wins for the the top 4 teams in the league, all against Top 15 opponents? I'm frightened and confused.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #716 on: January 06, 2010, 09:04:25 AM »
Georgia Tech had the most retro offense I have seen in a long time.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

gehradam

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #717 on: January 06, 2010, 10:45:29 AM »
Heralded as the "coldest orange bowl ever". Meanwhile, I'm watching back in Omaha, NE where's -15below...

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #718 on: January 06, 2010, 10:59:46 AM »
Quote from: gehradam on January 06, 2010, 10:45:29 AM
Heralded as the "coldest orange bowl ever". Meanwhile, I'm watching back in Omaha, NE where's -15below...

We get it, you're retarded.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

gehradam

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #719 on: January 06, 2010, 11:07:39 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on January 06, 2010, 10:59:46 AM
Quote from: gehradam on January 06, 2010, 10:45:29 AM

We get it, you're retarded.

shit, I knew there was something I was forgetting