News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Lord Stanley Bonertime Thread  ( 175,041 )

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Gutless Asshole Clusterfuck Thread
« Reply #600 on: March 31, 2010, 11:24:08 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on March 30, 2010, 09:19:44 PM
Would someone get the Cubs out of St. Louis and back to Arizona?

Meh.

I see how Samfels and McClure at SCH are getting angry, but I'm just going to hang my hat on last week's Phoenix game and conclude that when they need to be ready, they'll be ready.  Fuck these shitbird teams that are finally playing tough against a battered Hawks team just trying to stay healthy and rested for the playoffs.

I do, on the other hand, admit to the gnawing concern in the back of my monkeybrain that leading their team to a Gold Medal in the same year as a Cup run may be too much forToewes and Keith.  It's a lot to ask to have those two guys lead two teams to the top in two elite tournaments in 1 year but I've already bargained that if this is what does, indeed, turn out to be the Hawks' downfall, that they'll at least win the next 3 Cups in a  row until the next Olympics.  Of course it'd be nice if the lower-rung players like Brouwer, Bolland and Versteeg could pick up the superstars right now.

Let's just get the playoffs started dammit.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #601 on: March 31, 2010, 12:04:30 PM »
Quote from: MAD on March 31, 2010, 11:24:08 AM

Meh.

I see how Samfels and McClure at SCH are getting angry, but I'm just going to hang my hat on last week's Phoenix game and conclude that when they need to be ready, they'll be ready.  Fuck these shitbird teams that are finally playing tough against a battered Hawks team just trying to stay healthy and rested for the playoffs.

I do, on the other hand, admit to the gnawing concern in the back of my monkeybrain that leading their team to a Gold Medal in the same year as a Cup run may be too much forToewes and Keith.  It's a lot to ask to have those two guys lead two teams to the top in two elite tournaments in 1 year but I've already bargained that if this is what does, indeed, turn out to be the Hawks' downfall, that they'll at least win the next 3 Cups in a  row until the next Olympics.  Of course it'd be nice if the lower-rung players like Brouwer, Bolland and Versteeg could pick up the superstars right now.

Ken Morrow was top pair on both Team USA and the Islanders in 1980, as a rookie. It can be done.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #602 on: March 31, 2010, 12:27:20 PM »

Meh.

Me, you, and most likely the Hawks all agree here.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #603 on: March 31, 2010, 12:42:58 PM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on March 31, 2010, 12:27:20 PM

Meh.

I agree, but I'd like to see one game that isn't the partial birth abortion RV should have been.. And then I'll be ready for them.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #604 on: March 31, 2010, 01:05:23 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on March 31, 2010, 12:42:58 PM

Meh.

I agree, but I'd like to see one game that isn't the partial birth abortion RV should have been.. And then I'll be ready for them.

You're lucky your mother has a shelf on her toilet. Otherwise you'd have been flushed with the rest of her mammoth leavings.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #605 on: March 31, 2010, 01:20:15 PM »
Quote from: R-V on March 31, 2010, 01:05:23 PM
Quote from: Yeti on March 31, 2010, 12:42:58 PM

Meh.

You're lucky your mother has a shelf on her toilet. Otherwise you'd have been flushed with the rest of her mammoth leavings.

Well, at least my mom isn't stuck at Mountie Federal Penitentiary making polar bear license plates.

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #606 on: March 31, 2010, 03:34:47 PM »

Meh.

This one does.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Indolent Reader

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #607 on: March 31, 2010, 03:35:59 PM »
I think they just need to have a game with a lot of fights/ejections/blood, to fire them up.  GETTERDUN!!!!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #608 on: March 31, 2010, 03:43:40 PM »
Quote from: Indolent Reader on March 31, 2010, 03:35:59 PM
I think they just need to have a game with a lot of fights/ejections/blood, to fire them up.  GETTERDUN!!!!!

You didn't enjoy watching Eager get his face punched in for no reason? What a turd.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #609 on: March 31, 2010, 09:21:10 PM »
Well Ben Eager, shut me up why don't you? Who put a quarter in KopGretzky?

Good game tonight. Finally.

Go Hawks.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #610 on: March 31, 2010, 11:32:10 PM »
I missed it, but if Uncle Niemi can keep ramping up some strong outings (I assume he played well), that'd be a pleasant addition.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #611 on: March 31, 2010, 11:54:01 PM »
Quote from: MAD on March 31, 2010, 11:32:10 PM
I missed it, but if Uncle Niemi can keep ramping up some strong outings (I assume he played well), that'd be a pleasant addition.

How does another shutout sound to you?
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #612 on: April 01, 2010, 12:07:40 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 31, 2010, 11:54:01 PM

That's what made me assume that he had "played well". 

How many shutouts is that anyway for him?  7?
Eli G. (6-22-10)

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #613 on: April 01, 2010, 08:11:13 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 01, 2010, 12:07:40 AM

Yep, which is tied for second in the league (and  with about half the starts as the others on the list).  It was more a classic Blackhawks game, he didn't do much for long stretches (the Wild had  only had one shot for a good chunk of the second period), but he stood on his head during 1:30 of 5 on 3 play when the game was close which effectively ended the game.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #614 on: April 01, 2010, 10:03:11 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 01, 2010, 12:07:40 AM

He nearly single handedly killed a 5 on 3 with three or maybe four spectacular saves in a very short succession. All that after only having faced single digit shots through the first 30 minutes. The guy was on last night.