News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Lord Stanley Bonertime Thread  ( 175,079 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Gutless Asshole Clusterfuck Thread
« Reply #810 on: May 06, 2010, 09:21:16 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 06, 2010, 09:19:37 AM
Quote from: Slaky on May 06, 2010, 09:14:58 AM
Quote from: Fork on May 06, 2010, 09:05:31 AM
Quote from: MAD on May 06, 2010, 08:41:12 AM
When you're getting your ass kicked and letting guys like Boland(!) and Burish* get in to your heads, you're in trouble.

*Line of the night from Burish to one of the Sedins: "Your brother's ugly." 

I love this man.

Huge play by Bolland last night, getting D. Sedin off the ice during a Vancouver PP late in the 1st.

Bolland has really found his legs this series in the sense that he was like a chicken with his head cut off for a lot of the Nashville series. It truly appears that the Canucks awakened the inner beast in a bunch of Hawks and while Buff is getting the spotlight now, Bolland deserves major propers. Holy shit - he has managed to rattle not just the irascible Dre Burrows, but both of the Sisters. That's an incredible feat. Since game 1 the Sisters have been dead quiet.

I can't say enough about Bolly right now. Incredible.

Isn't his old man also really sick too?  Considering that, he's been amazing.  I saw Luongo bitching to the refs after the Byfuglien wrister and subsequent crash into the net (which netted him a roughing call, I believe).

Borat is getting scared between the pipes.

You're thinking of Brouwer who was a scratch last night. His head is all over the place. I feel bad for the guy.

Borat is a flopping machine. Pretty sure the reason they don't have ice girls in Vancouver is because during stoppages they put a quarter in LuLu and watch him seize around like an epileptic.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #811 on: May 06, 2010, 09:25:35 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 06, 2010, 09:21:16 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 06, 2010, 09:19:37 AM
Quote from: Slaky on May 06, 2010, 09:14:58 AM
Quote from: Fork on May 06, 2010, 09:05:31 AM
When you're getting your ass kicked and letting guys like Boland(!) and Burish* get in to your heads, you're in trouble.

*Line of the night from Burish to one of the Sedins: "Your brother's ugly." 

I love this man.

Huge play by Bolland last night, getting D. Sedin off the ice during a Vancouver PP late in the 1st.

Bolland has really found his legs this series in the sense that he was like a chicken with his head cut off for a lot of the Nashville series. It truly appears that the Canucks awakened the inner beast in a bunch of Hawks and while Buff is getting the spotlight now, Bolland deserves major propers. Holy shit - he has managed to rattle not just the irascible Dre Burrows, but both of the Sisters. That's an incredible feat. Since game 1 the Sisters have been dead quiet.

I can't say enough about Bolly right now. Incredible.

Isn't his old man also really sick too?  Considering that, he's been amazing.  I saw Luongo bitching to the refs after the Byfuglien wrister and subsequent crash into the net (which netted him a roughing call, I believe).

Borat is getting scared between the pipes.

You're thinking of Brouwer who was a scratch last night. His head is all over the place. I feel bad for the guy.

Borat is a flopping machine. Pretty sure the reason they don't have ice girls in Vancouver is because during stoppages they put a quarter in LuLu and watch him seize around like an epileptic.

Which, for the record, is what an elephant uses for a vibrator.

Hey hey.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #812 on: May 06, 2010, 09:30:28 AM »
DPD, but Byfuglien's "Gladiator"-type display to the fans after his first goal was amazing.  The crowd of hapless Canadian pedophilic teachers looked so upset.

I was so happy, I think it moved.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #813 on: May 06, 2010, 09:35:50 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on May 06, 2010, 09:30:28 AM
DPD, but Byfuglien's "Gladiator"-type display to the fans after his first goal was amazing.  The crowd of hapless Canadians pedophilic teachers looked so upset.

Like a shot of B12.

It's rare that the hype works out. Before the series it was Buff vs. Luongo this and that. I wasn't buying it. I was wrong.

I almost want to say that if the Canucks didn't have that retard Dre Burrows running around like 10 Ben Eagers, they would be better off.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #814 on: May 06, 2010, 09:40:13 AM »
DPD, but Byfuglien's "Gladiator"-type display to the fans after his first goal was amazing.  The crowd of hapless Canadians pedophilic teachers looked so upset.

WIN.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #815 on: May 06, 2010, 09:54:32 AM »
DPD, but Byfuglien's "Gladiator"-type display to the fans after his first goal was amazing.  The crowd of hapless Canadians pedophilic teachers looked so upset.

There was one pint when Luongo made a svae when the game was 4-2 (maybe even 5-2) and some of the fans started that ghey Lou chant.  It was awesome.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #816 on: May 06, 2010, 10:10:50 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 06, 2010, 09:35:50 AM
DPD, but Byfuglien's "Gladiator"-type display to the fans after his first goal was amazing.  The crowd of hapless Canadians pedophilic teachers looked so upset.

Like a shot of B12.

It's rare that the hype works out. Before the series it was Buff vs. Luongo this and that. I wasn't buying it. I was wrong.

I almost want to say that if the Canucks didn't have that retard Dre Burrows running around like 10 Ben Eagers, they would be better off.

I can't believe the Canucks who not only were terrorized by Buff last year, but knew what he was going to do this year, and yet are still getting worked over by Buff.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #817 on: May 06, 2010, 10:14:42 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on May 06, 2010, 10:10:50 AM

Like a shot of B12.

I can't believe the Canucks who not only were terrorized by Buff last year, but knew what he was going to do this year, and yet are still getting worked over by Buff.

The only guy who might have been able to hold Buff in check is Willie Mitchell, who is out for the series after a concussion.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #818 on: May 06, 2010, 10:27:41 AM »

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #819 on: May 06, 2010, 10:30:22 AM »

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #820 on: May 06, 2010, 10:41:36 AM »
I went to bed as soon as the final horn sounded, but I'm reading in the bloguverse that Vinneault (sp.?) was bitching about the officiating?  Is this true?

I didn't watch the postgame either, but I can't find any pertinent quotes that made it to press. The closest I can find to a comment on the refs is: "we know what's going to be called and what's not going to be called so we have to do the same thing in their net to score some goals." Does the bloguverse have any quotes?

I think Barry Trotz had the right approach in the last series. Even as Hamhuis was bitching about Colin Campbell's decision on Hossa's hit, Trotz took the focus off of the issue by calling it "a good call by the league." If Vigneault was whining, that's awesome. He seriously can't afford to let his team dwell on the "injustices" going forward. (But, even if he wants to, who knows if it's in his power to stop them.)

Heading into the game, the Canucks were all about keeping their cool.

Quote from: Thing 1"I think it's a totally different feeling in the dressing room and on the bench during games. Last year we got rattled about everything -- referees, opponents, everything. This year, we stick to our game plan. If you look at the L.A. series, a lot of games we stuck with it and came out on the winner's side in six games. If it was before last year, I think against L.A. we could have packed it in and we didn't do that.

"I think we learned something last year and hope we can show that tomorrow."

Good job, Hank. Keep it up.

Just wait until they add Darcy Hordichuk into the mix. He's trained with Chuck Liddell!

Also, courtesy of Burrows' Wikipedia page:

QuoteBefore making it to the NHL, Burrows also enjoyed a prolific ball hockey career, competing in national and international tournaments in the summers. He was named the International Ball Hockey Player of the Year in 2005 and was inducted into the Canadian Ball Hockey Hall of Fame in 2010.

"Ball hockey" is just Canadian for "pocket pinball," right?

Quote from: Waco Kid on May 06, 2010, 10:27:41 AM

That.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

MidgetSellingWater

• Pollyellon Fan Club
« Reply #821 on: May 06, 2010, 10:51:57 AM »

You may get your wish for Game 4.  The Committed Indians blog is reporting the following:
QuoteSomething to watch on Friday: Bolland, O'Brien and Burrows all received penalties that should cost them Game Four (10-min misconducts in the final 4 minutes). Also, Kevin Bieksa was hit with a minor penalty after regulation had expired.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #822 on: May 06, 2010, 11:08:52 AM »
Quote from: MidgetSellingWater on May 06, 2010, 10:51:57 AM
You may get your wish for Game 4.  The Committed Indians blog is reporting the following:

QuoteSomething to watch on Friday: Bolland, O'Brien and Burrows all received penalties that should cost them Game Four (10-min misconducts in the final 4 minutes).

Based on what?

Yeah, by rule, the league will review the penalties and decide whether to dole out suspensions.

But this is speculation, not "reporting."

And, remember... it's the playoffs.

WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #823 on: May 06, 2010, 11:27:14 AM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on May 06, 2010, 10:41:36 AM
I went to bed as soon as the final horn sounded, but I'm reading in the bloguverse that Vinneault (sp.?) was bitching about the officiating?  Is this true?

I didn't watch the postgame either, but I can't find any pertinent quotes that made it to press. The closest I can find to a comment on the refs is: "we know what's going to be called and what's not going to be called so we have to do the same thing in their net to score some goals." Does the bloguverse have any quotes?

Either this guy had a different take of the same quote or--more likely, in retrospect--I shouldn't mistake the words of some dude who actually has liquor in his handle as representative of the Internet. 

My bad.

Also, I like what Slaky said about the hype being met by the experience.  Last year it was all about Buff's fat ass being a screen for other shooters.  And then this year he takes it a step up by actually dumping the puck in the net himself.

Also, since I heard a black dude call the SCORE this morning and ask this question, it's okay now for me to wonder if Buff is the first brother to get a hatty in a playoff game, right? 
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #824 on: May 06, 2010, 11:29:24 AM »
Quote from: MAD on May 06, 2010, 11:27:14 AM
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on May 06, 2010, 10:41:36 AM

Either this guy had a different take of the same quote or--more likely, in retrospect--I shouldn't mistake the words of some dude who actually has liquor in his handle as representative of the Internet. 

My bad.

Also, I like what Slaky said about the hype being met by the experience.  Last year it was all about Buff's fat ass being a screen for other shooters.  And then this year he takes it a step up by actually dumping the puck in the net himself.

Also, since I heard a black dude call the SCORE this morning and ask this question, it's okay now for me to wonder if Buff is the first brother to get a hatty in a playoff game, right? 

His new nickname should be Hatty Black Beans.