News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Lord Stanley Bonertime Thread  ( 175,167 )

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: 2009-2010 Blackhawks Gutless Asshole Clusterfuck Thread
« Reply #675 on: April 21, 2010, 08:23:22 AM »
Quote from: Waco Kid on April 21, 2010, 06:56:56 AM
It's time to end the Buff as a defenseman experiment.

Buff's been terrible.  Lots of bad passes and turnovers, and pretty much no hitting.  Q actually put him back on a forward line towards the end of the game.

One thing that surprised me about the Preds (and appeared to surprise the Hawks) was that they did not lay back in their 2-3 trap in the third period and protect the lead.  Nashville stayed on the offensive, forechecked like bastard and it caught the Hawks completely off guard.  Quenneville's going to need to make an adjustment.

Anyway, the Hawks can easily tie this thing up Thursday and take back home ice.  Shouldn't be a tall order, but if they give anything resembling last night's effort, they're in trouble.  I fully expect to see Burish in the lineup for game 4.

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #676 on: April 21, 2010, 08:46:56 AM »
Quote from: CT III on April 21, 2010, 08:23:22 AM

Buff's been terrible.  Lots of bad passes and turnovers, and pretty much no hitting.  Q actually put him back on a forward line towards the end of the game.

One thing that surprised me about the Preds (and appeared to surprise the Hawks) was that they did not lay back in their 2-3 trap in the third period and protect the lead.  Nashville stayed on the offensive, forechecked like bastard and it caught the Hawks completely off guard.  Quenneville's going to need to make an adjustment.

Anyway, the Hawks can easily tie this thing up Thursday and take back home ice.  Shouldn't be a tall order, but if they give anything resembling last night's effort, they're in trouble.  I fully expect to see Burish in the lineup for game 4.

I think Q needs to stop with the constant line juggling and get this team back to basic hockey, get guys in front of the net and shoot the puck. The Hawks are trying emulate Scum's system and for the most part it works, except they are not doing what Scum does all the time, have some fat ass like Holmstrom or Franzen camp out in front.

The Hawks need to come out with urgency and effort Thursday and get this series tied.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #677 on: April 21, 2010, 09:04:12 AM »

Hockee novice question: is Quenneville considered an above average coach?

I vaguely recall there being an issue with Quenneville and early playoff flameouts when he was hired. Just checking if there's any validity to the inevitable criticism that'll be coming his way if these guys shart themselves.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #678 on: April 21, 2010, 09:16:23 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 21, 2010, 09:04:12 AM

I vaguely recall there being an issue with Quenneville and early playoff flameouts when he was hired. Just checking if there's any validity to the inevitable criticism that'll be coming his way if these guys shart themselves.

The criticism of the line juggling is valid. He's obviously an above average coach as his record suggests. If the Hawks lose this series, I wouldn't be surprised if the call is made.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #679 on: April 21, 2010, 09:52:35 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 21, 2010, 09:16:23 AM

The criticism of the line juggling is valid. He's obviously an above average coach as his record suggests. If the Hawks lose this series, I wouldn't be surprised if the call is made.

I'm pretty sure that Q is also the only coach in NHL history who has 500 regular season victories but hasn't reached the Stanley Cup Finals.  If the Hawks suffer an early exit this year, Quenneville's going to be seeing a lot of comparisons to Doug Collins.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #680 on: April 21, 2010, 09:58:40 AM »
Quote from: CT III on April 21, 2010, 09:52:35 AM

I'm pretty sure that Q is also the only coach in NHL history who has 500 regular season victories but hasn't reached the Stanley Cup Finals.  If the Hawks suffer an early exit this year, Quenneville's going to be seeing a lot of comparisons to Doug Collins.

The Hawks need a Rudy Jaramillo-type assistant coach game changer.

Dr. Nguyen Van Falk

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #681 on: April 21, 2010, 10:10:16 AM »
Quote from: BH on April 21, 2010, 09:58:40 AM

The Hawks need to fire Gerald Perry.
WHAT THESE FANCY DANS IN CHICAGO THINK THEY DO?

Waco Kid

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #682 on: April 21, 2010, 10:17:56 AM »

The Hawks need a Rudy Jaramillo or Rod Marinelli -type assistant coach game changer.

Bear down'd

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #683 on: April 21, 2010, 11:20:10 AM »

A recent Committed Indian pointed that only two coaches (help me out, Fork, Al Arbour and...and...?) had won 500 games before winning a cup, but Q would be the first to do it--if he were to do it this year--without having even won a conference title first.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #684 on: April 21, 2010, 11:23:16 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 21, 2010, 11:20:10 AM

A recent Committed Indian pointed that only two coaches (help me out, Fork, Al Arbour and...and...?) had won 500 games before winning a cup, but Q would be the first to do it--if he were to do it this year--without having even won a conference title first.

Mike Keenan
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

MAD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #685 on: April 21, 2010, 11:25:46 AM »

Also, as excruiating as it's been, I'm not apologizing for loving every goddamn minute of playoff hockey.  

And it's not ending yet.
I think he's more of the appendix of Desipio.  Yeah, it's here and you're vaguely aware of it, but only if reminded.  The only time anyone notices it is when it ruptures (on Weebs in the video game thread).  Beyond that, though, it's basically useless and offers no redeeming value.
Eli G. (6-22-10)

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #686 on: April 21, 2010, 11:29:26 AM »
Quote from: MAD on April 21, 2010, 11:25:46 AM

Also, as excruiating as it's been, I'm not apologizing for loving every goddamn minute of playoff hockey.  

And it's not ending yet.

Who asked you to apologize? I mean, besides no one.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #687 on: April 21, 2010, 12:36:46 PM »
Quote from: Dr. Nguyen Van Falk on April 21, 2010, 10:10:16 AM

They need to trade for Michael Barrett then have Pat Kane beat the shit out of him.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #688 on: April 21, 2010, 06:16:05 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 21, 2010, 12:36:46 PM

They need to trade for Michael Barrett then have Pat Kane beat the shit out of him.

And then move Kane to the bullpen?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #689 on: April 21, 2010, 06:24:31 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on April 21, 2010, 06:16:05 PM
Quote from: Armchair_QB on April 21, 2010, 12:36:46 PM

And then move Kane to the bullpen?

I swee what you did there...
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck