News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 592,375 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #1755 on: April 18, 2013, 12:15:38 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 18, 2013, 12:10:04 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 18, 2013, 12:04:36 PM
This may not be something to admit on a message board, PENFOE, but I was driving downtown when a Navy plane flew over the bay toward the bridge.  Flaps extended, minimum speed, heading north at low altitude.  Thought something was up so I kept watching and all of a sudden some people jumped out and deployed their chutes one after the other.  They landed in the bay and swam to a boat or land or something.  It was freaking awesome.  'MURICA!!!

Over the bay? Towards the bridge?  Are you in Tampa?  Oakland?

San Diego, I think.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1756 on: April 18, 2013, 12:43:34 PM »
This may not be something to admit on a message board, PENFOE, but I was driving downtown when a Navy plane flew over the bay toward the bridge.  Flaps extended, minimum speed, heading north at low altitude.  Thought something was up so I kept watching and all of a sudden some people jumped out and deployed their chutes one after the other.  They landed in the bay and swam to a boat or land or something.  It was freaking awesome.  'MURICA!!!

http://wordpress.com/

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1757 on: April 18, 2013, 02:15:34 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 18, 2013, 12:10:04 PM

Over the bay? Towards the bridge?  Are you in Tampa?  Oakland?

Sorry, thought people knew.  I'm in San Diego.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1758 on: April 18, 2013, 02:17:11 PM »
Quote from: Eli on April 18, 2013, 12:43:34 PM

http://wordpress.com/

www.creedthoughts.gov.www\creedthoughts.  Check it out.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1759 on: April 22, 2013, 01:06:23 PM »
I tried fighting it, but I experienced those pangs of regret watching Ryne Sandberg coach third base for the Phillies in the win over the Cardinals last night. I'm not sure coaching third is that difficult of a job -- after all, it's just required to remain 90 feet away from both second and home, but could he be any worse than DALE SWAIM OR JAYME QUICK?

OK, I just shouted the sadness down. The hell with you Ryno.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1760 on: April 22, 2013, 01:29:28 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on April 22, 2013, 01:06:23 PM
I tried fighting it, but I experienced those pangs of regret watching Ryne Sandberg coach third base for the Phillies in the win over the Cardinals last night. I'm not sure coaching third is that difficult of a job -- after all, it's just required to remain 90 feet away from both second and home, but could he be any worse than DALE SWAIM OR JAYME QUICK?

I haven't felt pangs of anything Cub-related since the Brothers Upton put the mushroom stamp on another unwatchable season of Cubs baseball. And that pang was mostly pity for Marmol, who I used to really love watching and who probably burned out his arm pitching for the pee-soaked, failure-clad outfit.

No, I take it back. When I read those Greg Maddux scouting reports on here the other day I got so depressed I cut my own dick off and choked myself to death with it.

I got better.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1761 on: April 22, 2013, 01:41:35 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on April 22, 2013, 01:29:28 PM

I haven't felt pangs of anything Cub-related since the Brothers Upton put the mushroom stamp on another unwatchable season of Cubs baseball. And that pang was mostly pity for Marmol, who I used to really love watching and who probably burned out his arm pitching for the pee-soaked, failure-clad outfit.

No, I take it back. When I read those Greg Maddux scouting reports on here the other day I got so depressed I cut my own dick off and choked myself to death with it.

I got better.

Even the Maddux stuff left me cold. Even Dale talking about demoting the entire squad didn't move me. Late inning collapses and fielding fuck ups make me laugh.

I get that people want to freak out about the team not only losing but also looking bad doing it but I don't. They stink. Stinky teams don't play aesthetically pleasing baseball. Don't tell me but they could have won a few games here and there. Suddenly people want them to contend? Get a grip.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1762 on: April 22, 2013, 01:45:56 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on April 22, 2013, 01:41:35 PM

I got better.

Even the Maddux stuff left me cold. Even Dale talking about demoting the entire squad didn't move me. Late inning collapses and fielding fuck ups make me laugh.

I get that people want to freak out about the team not only losing but also looking bad doing it but I don't. They stink. Stinky teams don't play aesthetically pleasing baseball. Don't tell me but they could have won a few games here and there. Suddenly people want them to contend? Get a grip.

I get score alerts about Cubs games these days.  That's about as much following of the Cubs that I'm doing.

I'm watching other teams play their games, including CT's beloved White Sox and Stew's beloved A's.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1763 on: April 22, 2013, 01:46:19 PM »

I got better.

...I agree with every last word of this, and that makes me sad.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1764 on: April 22, 2013, 02:23:34 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on April 22, 2013, 01:46:19 PM

I got better.

I keep consoling myself with the belief that a rebuild of this nature requires stripping everything down to bare bricks. And then I hope that Rizzo and Castro don't wind up letting the stink of those around them turn them into caged lions.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1765 on: April 22, 2013, 02:27:04 PM »
Quote from: Fork on April 22, 2013, 02:23:34 PM
Quote from: Tonker on April 22, 2013, 01:46:19 PM

I got better.

I keep consoling myself with the belief that a rebuild of this nature requires stripping everything down to bare bricks. And then I hope that Rizzo and Castro don't wind up letting the stink of those around them turn them into caged lions.
The only thing that made me sad this year was when I found out Albert Almora broke his hamate bone.  That's it.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1766 on: April 22, 2013, 03:42:17 PM »
What makes me sad is that the Cubs organization isn't even apologetic about the product that they have put on the field.  I feel sad for the ticket holders.  True, I am paying to go to three Cub games this year, but I can console myself with the fact that most of the money that I am spending will go to the A's.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1767 on: April 22, 2013, 03:54:39 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 22, 2013, 03:42:17 PM
What makes me sad is that the Cubs organization isn't even apologetic about the product that they have put on the field.  I feel sad for the ticket holders.  True, I am paying to go to three Cub games this year, but I can console myself with the fact that most of the money that I am spending will go to the A's.

I've heard Jed and Theo explain their reasons for the roster looking the way it does on several occasions. What kind of apology do you think they should issue?

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1768 on: April 22, 2013, 03:56:31 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on April 22, 2013, 03:42:17 PM

The organization was sold by the group that ran it into the ground and overhauled on every single level, there's a new GM in place who isn't responsible for the bad contracts or the dearth of talent in the farm system. What's he supposed to apologize for?
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1769 on: April 22, 2013, 03:59:02 PM »
I have just two fears: that Ricketts is somehow as stupid as Chuck makes him out to be (probably unlikely) and gives Theo and Jed a premature Dallas Green-esque boot, or that Rizzo/Almora/Soler fail to pan out and no young core to build around develops. Otherwise, it's not hard for me to accept that things were so poorly mismanaged and the farm system neglected for so long that the rebuild's going to take a while.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015