News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 591,747 )

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #2850 on: July 14, 2015, 04:16:24 PM »
The All-Star game is pretty cool and all but damn it I want the real games to start again.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2851 on: July 14, 2015, 04:21:34 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 14, 2015, 04:16:24 PM
The All-Star game is pretty cool and all but damn it I want the real games to start again.

It had been so long that I had honestly forgotten what it meant to actually give a shit and look forward to the Cubs every day. I'm bothered by rainouts again. It's a good feeling.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2852 on: July 14, 2015, 04:27:35 PM »

Yeah I'm dreading this week.  

And I know I'm just going to come off as the same cantankerous asshole that I normally do, but I really don't give two shits about this game, and I'm counting the minutes for meaningful baseball to be played again.  GET HERE, FRIDAY.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2853 on: July 14, 2015, 04:53:40 PM »
The caps they're making everybody wear tonight are a crime against humanity.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2854 on: July 16, 2015, 09:05:09 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 14, 2015, 04:27:35 PM

And I know I'm just going to come off as the same cantankerous asshole that I normally do, but I really don't give two shits about this game, and I'm counting the minutes for meaningful baseball to be played again.  GET HERE, FRIDAY.

This is the worst week of the year.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2855 on: July 16, 2015, 09:36:51 AM »
Quote from: Tony on July 16, 2015, 09:05:09 AM

It's awful.  Whatever happened to starting back up on Thursday with a 4-game series?  I specifically recall being at Wrigley Field to see Ryne Sandberg hit a home run off of Donovan Osborne on the Thursday after the ASG in '96.  What the fuck, baseball?  Fucking bullshit.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2856 on: July 16, 2015, 09:43:40 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on July 16, 2015, 09:36:51 AM

It's awful.  Whatever happened to starting back up on Thursday with a 4-game series?  I specifically recall being at Wrigley Field to see Ryne Sandberg hit a home run off of Donovan Osborne on the Thursday after the ASG in '96.  What the fuck, baseball?  Fucking bullshit.

Our sportz athletes are clearly too lazy and entitled now. Thanks a lot, Obama.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2857 on: July 16, 2015, 11:06:18 AM »
Quote from: SKO on July 16, 2015, 09:43:40 AM
Quote from: PANK! on July 16, 2015, 09:36:51 AM

Our sportz athletes are clearly too lazy and entitled now. Thanks a lot, Obama.

MLB didn't want to compete with the ESPYs

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2858 on: July 19, 2015, 12:34:39 PM »
It is really embarrassing to spend hours trying to log in on your IPad, assuming that it is defective,  only to realize that you have been using the password for your Kindle tablet.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2859 on: July 20, 2015, 09:39:57 PM »
I'm always quick to defend Pedro Strop, citing his excellent numbers, and yet I often find myself annoyed by Justin Grimm even though he's been better than Strop in a lot of ways. I think it's because Grimm just walks too damn many guys, or because Joe usually brings him in to get one key out and it sticks out more anytime he fails to get that one out.

Or maybe me and Obama are the real racists

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2860 on: July 20, 2015, 09:46:20 PM »
Quote from: SKO on July 20, 2015, 09:39:57 PM
I'm always quick to defend Pedro Strop, citing his excellent numbers, and yet I often find myself annoyed by Justin Grimm even though he's been better than Strop in a lot of ways. I think it's because Grimm just walks too damn many guys, or because Joe usually brings him in to get one key out and it sticks out more anytime he fails to get that one out.

Or maybe me and Obama are the real racists

I was disappointed he seemed to lacked the cajones to challenge Frazier.  Pitch to the fucker; you've got the lead.  If he homers, the game's tied.  Don't walk him, though, son.  You're on a  contending team, that shit's not going to do in the postseason, no sir.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2861 on: July 21, 2015, 08:12:07 AM »
... I'm not sure Rafael Soriano is any better than Edwin Jackson.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2862 on: July 21, 2015, 08:59:26 AM »
...I'm getting impatient with this offense. Yeah yeah the average age of last night's lineup was 14 and according to my brain they need time, but damn it my gut is sick of watching all these studs that I've been fantasizing about put up a slapdick offense.

Also I'm about two Fowler TOOTBLANS away from being as done with him as I am with Castro. He's already getting on base at a much lower clip than we expected - he can't afford to piss away the times he actually does get on base.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2863 on: July 21, 2015, 09:32:08 AM »
Quote from: R-V on July 21, 2015, 08:59:26 AM
...I'm getting impatient with this offense. Yeah yeah the average age of last night's lineup was 14 and according to my brain they need time, but damn it my gut is sick of watching all these studs that I've been fantasizing about put up a slapdick offense.

Also I'm about two Fowler TOOTBLANS away from being as done with him as I am with Castro. He's already getting on base at a much lower clip than we expected - he can't afford to piss away the times he actually does get on base.

On board with all of this.

And to Eli, I'm more concerned about Ramirez than Soriano. Soriano is just a dude - he's the 5th option out of the pen right now behind Strop, Motte, Rondon, and Grimm. If he can use his guile or whatever to pitch the Cubs out of sixth inning jams, cool.

Ramirez looks bad. He's not healthy.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2864 on: July 21, 2015, 09:34:53 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on July 21, 2015, 09:32:08 AM
Quote from: R-V on July 21, 2015, 08:59:26 AM

On board with all of this.

And to Eli, I'm more concerned about Ramirez than Soriano. Soriano is just a dude - he's the 5th option out of the pen right now behind Strop, Motte, Rondon, and Grimm. If he can use his guile or whatever to pitch the Cubs out of sixth inning jams, cool.

Ramirez looks bad. He's not healthy.

I never thought Ramirez was that good. I think his ceiling is present-day Jason Motte, unless we see some drastic improvement in his off-speed action. The middle-inning option with the most upside given an opportunity and Bosio Wizarding is Medina. That man is disgusting.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.