News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 591,494 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #2940 on: August 13, 2015, 01:08:36 PM »
Quote from: SKO on August 13, 2015, 12:02:33 PM
....since my dream scenario of Javy coming up for a weekend at 2B while Coghlan moves back to left and Schwarber DHs apparently isn't coming true, I find myself leaning towards Ross at catcher/Montero DH/Schwarber LF rather than have Montero C/Schwarber DH/Castro 2B. At least Ross provides + defense at catcher along with his wet noodle bat.

This is how bad Castro is now. My heart hurts.

I'm too lazy to look - have the Cubs faced a lefty starter since Castro got benched? I think you're right for tomorrow (please jebus let them hammer the shit out of Snork). But I'm wondering what they'll do with the lineup when they face Sale & Quintana this weekend - something like this?

CF Dex
LF Schwarber
1B Rizzo
3B Bryant
RF Soler
DH Denorfia
2B Castro
C Ross
SS Russell

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2941 on: August 13, 2015, 01:10:41 PM »
Quote from: R-V on August 13, 2015, 01:08:36 PM
....since my dream scenario of Javy coming up for a weekend at 2B while Coghlan moves back to left and Schwarber DHs apparently isn't coming true, I find myself leaning towards Ross at catcher/Montero DH/Schwarber LF rather than have Montero C/Schwarber DH/Castro 2B. At least Ross provides + defense at catcher along with his wet noodle bat.

I'm too lazy to look - have the Cubs faced a lefty starter since Castro got benched? I think you're right for tomorrow (please jebus let them hammer the shit out of Snork). But I'm wondering what they'll do with the lineup when they face Sale & Quintana this weekend - something like this?

CF Dex
LF Schwarber
1B Rizzo
3B Bryant
RF Soler
DH Denorfia
2B Castro
C Ross
SS Russell

I'm pretty sure they haven't faced a lefty since the benching. And why not DH Schwarber and put Denorfia in left?

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2942 on: August 13, 2015, 01:16:27 PM »

I can dig this for sure.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2943 on: August 13, 2015, 01:23:44 PM »
Quote from: Tony on August 13, 2015, 01:10:41 PM

CF Dex
LF Schwarber
1B Rizzo
3B Bryant
RF Soler
DH Denorfia
2B Castro
C Ross
SS Russell

I'm pretty sure they haven't faced a lefty since the benching. And why not DH Schwarber and put Denorfia in left?

Yeah not sure what I was thinking there. Kyle's been impressive and all in LF, but he's definitely not as good of a defender as Dempster's doppelganger.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2944 on: August 13, 2015, 01:55:14 PM »
Quote from: R-V on August 13, 2015, 01:23:44 PM

CF Dex
LF Schwarber
1B Rizzo
3B Bryant
RF Soler
DH Denorfia
2B Castro
C Ross
SS Russell

Yeah not sure what I was thinking there. Kyle's been impressive and all in LF, but he's definitely not as good of a defender as Dempster's doppelganger.

In case I was worried that I was the only one who saw that resemblance I can stop worrying.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2945 on: August 13, 2015, 03:46:39 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 13, 2015, 01:55:14 PM
Quote from: R-V on August 13, 2015, 01:23:44 PM

CF Dex
LF Schwarber
1B Rizzo
3B Bryant
RF Soler
DH Denorfia
2B Castro
C Ross
SS Russell

In case I was worried that I was the only one who saw that resemblance I can stop worrying.

I hadn't noticed. I wish it could be unseen.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2946 on: August 14, 2015, 08:26:24 AM »
... I feel very ashamed to admit this, but when I've seen bWAR and fWAR tossed around, I always assumed it was a more honed in WAR stat and was perplexed why I never saw them when browsing stat sites. It wasn't until this morning that it clicked as to what the b and f stand for.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2947 on: August 14, 2015, 08:31:38 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 14, 2015, 08:26:24 AM
... I feel very ashamed to admit this, but when I've seen bWAR and fWAR tossed around, I always assumed it was a more honed in WAR stat and was perplexed why I never saw them when browsing stat sites. It wasn't until this morning that it clicked as to what the b and f stand for.

Basically fWAR > bWAR unless bWAR makes the player I like look even better.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2948 on: August 14, 2015, 08:34:24 AM »
Quote from: SKO on August 14, 2015, 08:31:38 AM

well, duh. The art of picking stats that more back up one's argument is not lost on me, at all. We do it... and then criticize Chuck for doing it.. but it's usually cause Chuck's wrong

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2949 on: August 14, 2015, 10:30:39 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on August 14, 2015, 08:34:24 AM

well, duh. The art of picking stats that more back up one's argument is not lost on me, at all. We do it... and then criticize Chuck for doing it.. but it's usually cause Chuck's wrong

According to my new stat dPAR (number of quality posts above replacement on Desipio) Internet Chuck is turning in another firmly negative effort.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2950 on: August 14, 2015, 10:32:12 AM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on August 14, 2015, 10:30:39 AM

According to my new stat dPAR (number of quality posts above replacement on Desipio) Internet Chuck is turning in another firmly negative effort.

Somewhere, someone is frantically trying to make a stat that uses the acronym "updog".
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2951 on: August 14, 2015, 11:02:00 AM »

Chuck is Starlin Castro.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2952 on: August 14, 2015, 11:47:26 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on August 14, 2015, 11:02:00 AM

Chuck is Starlin Castro.

No.

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2953 on: August 14, 2015, 12:23:01 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on August 14, 2015, 11:47:26 AM

Chuck is Starlin Castro.

No.

No.
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2954 on: August 14, 2015, 01:13:23 PM »
Quote from: flannj on August 14, 2015, 12:23:01 PM
Quote from: Brownie on August 14, 2015, 11:47:26 AM

Chuck is Starlin Castro.

No.

No.

To be fair, Chuck's not out trolling for slumpbusters, buying cartons of Winstons by the truckload and terrorizing the roads of Maricopa County.