News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 592,555 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #4440 on: November 07, 2016, 02:51:50 PM »
Quote from: R-V on November 07, 2016, 02:48:22 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on November 07, 2016, 02:34:47 PMas I was that when Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews became Chicago Blackhawks they were going to win a World Series.

I'll take that bet.

well, not since they traded Sharp.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4441 on: November 07, 2016, 03:23:22 PM »
Quote from: Eli on November 07, 2016, 02:13:02 PM
Quote from: SKO on November 07, 2016, 02:09:34 PM
Quote from: Eli on November 07, 2016, 01:30:56 PM
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on November 07, 2016, 01:07:22 PM
Y'all cry an awful lot.

I've started to think there's something wrong with me for just smiling a lot about the Cubs winning a World Series instead of crying all the time.

To each their own. Not surprising that those of us most prone to feeling the DOOM and rage are also the ones most incapable of controlling our emotions when they actually do win it all. Don't care how you celebrate, point is we're celebrating together.

I was being earnest, so no judgment from me. I think I had always assumed it would be more emotional, but it's really just felt like, "That was a blast, let's do it again sometime!"

This is me.  To be honest, I would've expected to have wept tears of joy by now, but it hasn't happened.  The closest I came was during Game 6 of the NLCS, after they recorded the first out of he 9th against the Dodgers.  I was siting next to my dad and felt my eyes beginning to well up, but the waterworks subsided as quickly as they had arrived.  Since then, I haven't had that moment and am simply wondering if there's something wrong with me, other than the fact that I'm still simply too stunned or have visualized this for so long that my extreme emotions have been stunted.  I think I'm still more relieved than anything.  Having said that, I have gotten goosebumps several times in seeing and hearing the highlights the last few days but no waterworks.  It's either going to explode out of the blue some day or it simply won't happen and I'll mask my insecurity by continuing to mock you homos.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4442 on: November 07, 2016, 04:12:27 PM »
Quote from: Cannonball Titcomb on November 07, 2016, 03:23:22 PM
Y'all cry an awful lot.

I've started to think there's something wrong with me for just smiling a lot about the Cubs winning a World Series instead of crying all the time.

To each their own. Not surprising that those of us most prone to feeling the DOOM and rage are also the ones most incapable of controlling our emotions when they actually do win it all. Don't care how you celebrate, point is we're celebrating together.

I was being earnest, so no judgment from me. I think I had always assumed it would be more emotional, but it's really just felt like, "That was a blast, let's do it again sometime!"

This is me.  To be honest, I would've expected to have wept tears of joy by now, but it hasn't happened.  The closest I came was during Game 6 of the NLCS, after they recorded the first out of he 9th against the Dodgers.  I was siting next to my dad and felt my eyes beginning to well up, but the waterworks subsided as quickly as they had arrived.  Since then, I haven't had that moment and am simply wondering if there's something wrong with me, other than the fact that I'm still simply too stunned or have visualized this for so long that my extreme emotions have been stunted.  I think I'm still more relieved than anything.  Having said that, I have gotten goosebumps several times in seeing and hearing the highlights the last few days but no waterworks.  It's either going to explode out of the blue some day or it simply won't happen and I'll mask my insecurity by continuing to mock you homos.

I would just go with "yes, there is something wrong with you".
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4443 on: November 07, 2016, 05:21:43 PM »
Y'all cry an awful lot.

Something is wrong with me too, then. No tears here. I think any way in which you express happiness, or relief, is fine.
M'lady.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4444 on: November 07, 2016, 05:30:09 PM »
Quote from: flannj on November 07, 2016, 04:12:27 PM
Y'all cry an awful lot.

I would just go with "yes, there is something wrong with you".

To be fair, this has long been well-known; the championship merely confirmed it.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4445 on: November 07, 2016, 06:41:24 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 07, 2016, 02:15:28 PM
Y'all cry an awful lot.

Days since I've cried: 3.

How many days since you've cried on a toilet?

BC

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
    • bricrozier@hotmail.com
« Reply #4446 on: November 07, 2016, 08:11:11 PM »
Quote from: Bort on November 07, 2016, 02:28:58 PM
Y'all cry an awful lot.

Tears have welled up in my eyes, but not streaming down my face and there has been no sobbing.

Honestly, making me cry at things I see on television isn't hard. There's multiple times I've cried at both the Simpsons and Futurama for chrissakes.

I still think the end of the Futurama episode with the dog that gets stuck in 2000 while Fry goes to the future is the single saddest couple minutes I've ever experienced. It took me an hour to quit crying the first time I watched that.
Desipio is a free-flowing website that occasionally touches on the immaturity, foolishness and outright stupidity of its readership.

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4447 on: November 07, 2016, 08:16:55 PM »
Quote from: BC on November 07, 2016, 08:11:11 PM
Quote from: Bort on November 07, 2016, 02:28:58 PM
Y'all cry an awful lot.

Tears have welled up in my eyes, but not streaming down my face and there has been no sobbing.

Honestly, making me cry at things I see on television isn't hard. There's multiple times I've cried at both the Simpsons and Futurama for chrissakes.

I still think the end of the Futurama episode with the dog that gets stuck in 2000 while Fry goes to the future is the single saddest couple minutes I've ever experienced. It took me an hour to quit crying the first time I watched that.

This is fair. I also cried after Brokeback Mountain, and Where the Wild Things Are, among others.
M'lady.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4448 on: November 09, 2016, 05:00:22 AM »
... I found the stomping of Herb Schumann for the MWRD fill-in to be perhaps the most depressing of the electoral results.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4449 on: November 09, 2016, 05:59:24 AM »
If the Democrats fail to win the mid-terms, I am seriously thinking about revoking my US citizenship. I never thought I would want to disassociate with my country of birth.
M'lady.

air2300

• Hank White Fan Club
    • air2300
« Reply #4450 on: November 09, 2016, 07:51:13 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on November 09, 2016, 05:59:24 AM
If the Democrats fail to win the mid-terms, I am seriously thinking about revoking my US citizenship. I never thought I would want to disassociate with my country of birth.
I am not happy with the results as well, but this is a matter of personal choice.  Good luck to you.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4451 on: November 13, 2016, 12:01:04 AM »
.... I kind of enjoy For The Love of The Game. I will say a good chunk of it is due to Scully narration, but still.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4452 on: November 13, 2016, 09:22:34 AM »
Quote from: Yeti on November 13, 2016, 12:01:04 AM
.... I kind of enjoy For The Love of The Game. I will say a good chunk of it is due to Scully narration, but still.

That movie is fucking terrible.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4453 on: November 13, 2016, 10:13:27 AM »
Quote from: CT III on November 13, 2016, 09:22:34 AM

Something something Tonk loves Kevin Costner.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4454 on: November 14, 2016, 03:45:32 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on November 13, 2016, 10:13:27 AM
Quote from: CT III on November 13, 2016, 09:22:34 AM

Something something Tonk loves Kevin Costner.

Well, it does need more Dane Cook, but Kevin Costner is very watchable.  I positive this film.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.