News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 591,622 )

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #4935 on: January 04, 2019, 12:06:44 PM »
Whenever I sign up for public wifi, to avoid spam emails, I always sign up with Al's email address.
M'lady.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4936 on: January 07, 2019, 01:41:34 AM »
... I've never seen Spaceballs.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4937 on: January 07, 2019, 12:31:18 PM »
If I could freeze my kid, and keep him at 4.5 for the rest of his life, I'd be strongly tempted to do it. I have no doubt that watching him grow up will be the greatest experience of my life, but he's just so ridiculously amazing right now. He's funny, affectionate, caring, and incredibly kind. My heart is going to break a little bit when he stops wanting to hug and kiss his parents all the time.
M'lady.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4938 on: January 07, 2019, 01:13:42 PM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 07, 2019, 12:31:18 PM
If I could freeze my kid, and keep him at 4.5 for the rest of his life, I'd be strongly tempted to do it. I have no doubt that watching him grow up will be the greatest experience of my life, but he's just so ridiculously amazing right now. He's funny, affectionate, caring, and incredibly kind. My heart is going to break a little bit when he stops wanting to hug and kiss his parents all the time.

Don't they still have grotty little nails at that age?
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4939 on: January 07, 2019, 07:05:49 PM »
... I have anxiety about the Cubs continued success. What if KB isn't MVP caliber all the time? Javy probably can't duplicate his MVP season. Schwarber isn't the god we hoped for. Contreras maybe came back down. Heyward, while better, still meh. Darvish died. Lester is getting older. Russell, fuck off, and sucks. Almora is ok. Quintana hasn't been the level that they expected when they traded for him. The farm system blows now.

Now, we're in an offseason where Daniel Descalso and Cole Hamels (who was awesome, but is also old) are the big acquisitions. They could surprise everyone and somehow sign one of the 2 dudes (Machado/Harper), but I don't feel particularly inspired.

I'll love it if my internal doom and gloom about this is completely bullshit and Theo comes to my house to swing his 2019 WS winning balls right into my forehead.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4940 on: January 07, 2019, 11:54:22 PM »
Quote from: Yeti on January 07, 2019, 07:05:49 PM
... I have anxiety about the Cubs continued success. What if KB isn't MVP caliber all the time? Javy probably can't duplicate his MVP season. Schwarber isn't the god we hoped for. Contreras maybe came back down. Heyward, while better, still meh. Darvish died. Lester is getting older. Russell, fuck off, and sucks. Almora is ok. Quintana hasn't been the level that they expected when they traded for him. The farm system blows now.

Now, we're in an offseason where Daniel Descalso and Cole Hamels (who was awesome, but is also old) are the big acquisitions. They could surprise everyone and somehow sign one of the 2 dudes (Machado/Harper), but I don't feel particularly inspired.

I'll love it if my internal doom and gloom about this is completely bullshit and Theo comes to my house to swing his 2019 WS winning balls right into my forehead.

Mirrors, Yeti, mirrors. Just assume that the perceived world is the unconscious mind and adjust accordingly. This does not mean that the convertibility of the phenomenological order implies the characterless of fate, as a fragment from Heraclitus of Ephesus notes (ethos anthropoi daimon), character is fate.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4941 on: January 08, 2019, 09:35:13 AM »

The meatballery at the Cubs Convention will be breathtaking. The Cubs won 95 games without their best player hitting anywhere near what his previous three years' production were. They're fucking good, and I'm still not counting Jepstink out on anything.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4942 on: January 10, 2019, 12:26:02 AM »
... It took the CBC to acquaint me with the term fatberg.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4943 on: January 10, 2019, 07:18:35 AM »

I admit it: I also feel a bit like this.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4944 on: January 10, 2019, 07:56:41 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 10, 2019, 07:18:35 AM

I love this team and appreciate that after my own 40+ years of waiting, we finally have a team that we know will be contending in September each year.  Making the playoffs 4 out of the next 6 years is not an unreasonable expectation.

And yet as time has gone on, I've gone from hoping for a seismic historic correction resulting in 5 straight titles to hoping that they simply don't become the '85 Bears redux.  I've re-calibrated my expectations to just two more World Series titles over the next 5-8 years, but may bargain down to just one more at some point.

2018 broke a small part of me because I would have been COMPLETELY FINE with the Cubs getting spanked by Boston in the World Series, so long as they won a second pennant.  What hurt is that in spite of their own down year they had what seemed to be a greased path as the rest of the National League was also in a funk (save for those fuckers from Milwaukee who were truly the turd in the punchbowl and if nothing else I at least now have a healthy HATRED for that fucking team).  Last year was the Cubs' first exit where I felt echos of those Ditka-era playoff disappointments, and I don't like the feeling.  Sort of a 1st world problem I know--and I've acknowledged that I appreciate what they've done thus far--but I am as unsure about this team as I have ever been since Theo came along.  I still have faith, but I'm not nearly as cocky as I was 20 months ago.

TL;DR.  THIS
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4945 on: January 10, 2019, 09:59:56 AM »
Quote from: World's #1 Astros Fan on January 10, 2019, 07:56:41 AM

I love this team and appreciate that after my own 40+ years of waiting, we finally have a team that we know will be contending in September each year.  Making the playoffs 4 out of the next 6 years is not an unreasonable expectation.

And yet as time has gone on, I've gone from hoping for a seismic historic correction resulting in 5 straight titles to hoping that they simply don't become the '85 Bears redux.  I've re-calibrated my expectations to just two more World Series titles over the next 5-8 years, but may bargain down to just one more at some point.

2018 broke a small part of me because I would have been COMPLETELY FINE with the Cubs getting spanked by Boston in the World Series, so long as they won a second pennant.  What hurt is that in spite of their own down year they had what seemed to be a greased path as the rest of the National League was also in a funk (save for those fuckers from Milwaukee who were truly the turd in the punchbowl and if nothing else I at least now have a healthy HATRED for that fucking team).  Last year was the Cubs' first exit where I felt echos of those Ditka-era playoff disappointments, and I don't like the feeling.  Sort of a 1st world problem I know--and I've acknowledged that I appreciate what they've done thus far--but I am as unsure about this team as I have ever been since Theo came along.  I still have faith, but I'm not nearly as cocky as I was 20 months ago.

TL;DR.  THIS

I, too, am firmly on the "fuck Milwaukee" bandwagon, and am pleased to note that there are definitely a few villains (over and above Braun, natch) popping up in their lineup.  That fat shit Aguilar can get all the way to fuck, for starters.  Arcia barely knows which end of a bat is which but stick him in the postseason and he turns into Latino David Fucking Freese: fuck that.  You will never persuade me that Eric Thames got how he is by eating right and exercising regularly.  And Hader?  And honest-to-goodness Nazi whom everybody on this board with the exception of DaveB can heartily fucking detest.

They played way, way above their heads last year and I, for one, can't wait for the hangover to kick in.  Cunts.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4946 on: January 10, 2019, 10:34:57 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 10, 2019, 09:59:56 AM

TL;DR.  THIS

I, too, am firmly on the "fuck Milwaukee" bandwagon, and am pleased to note that there are definitely a few villains (over and above Braun, natch) popping up in their lineup.  That fat shit Aguilar can get all the way to fuck, for starters.  Arcia barely knows which end of a bat is which but stick him in the postseason and he turns into Latino David Fucking Freese: fuck that.  You will never persuade me that Eric Thames got how he is by eating right and exercising regularly.  And Hader?  And honest-to-goodness Nazi whom everybody on this board with the exception of DaveB can heartily fucking detest.

They played way, way above their heads last year and I, for one, can't wait for the hangover to kick in.  Cunts.

Yeah, the Cubs were banged up and out-of-sync, and still had the most wins in the National League for the entire summer; and yet some 18-2 type bullshit was pulled from every asshole in Wisconsin and they got caught on the last day.  Had the Cubs only been allowed their rightful position in a Best-of-5 LDS, they'd have been at worst even-odds to win the pennant, I'll be forever convinced.  I even rooted for Milwaukee after that series so the story could play out but they ended up ANGERING me more by pissing away my temporary fandom by having their pixie magic end against LA.  Fuck them, I hope in all my years that they never come close to a snifffing an LCS Game 7 again.  I want the Cubs to do to them what they've essentially done to St. Louis between 2015-2017 but even moreso.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #4947 on: January 10, 2019, 01:28:16 PM »
I mean, maybe this belongs in a 2019 Cubs discussion, but I am zero worried. They rolled the National League for almost the entire season with a shitty hitting approach and while some of their best players missed significant time. They have no deficits.
M'lady.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4948 on: January 10, 2019, 02:33:09 PM »
Quote from: World's #1 Astros Fan on January 10, 2019, 10:34:57 AM

TL;DR.  THIS

Yeah, the Cubs were banged up and out-of-sync, and still had the most wins in the National League for the entire summer; and yet some 18-2 type bullshit was pulled from every asshole in Wisconsin and they got caught on the last day.  Had the Cubs only been allowed their rightful position in a Best-of-5 LDS, they'd have been at worst even-odds to win the pennant, I'll be forever convinced.  I even rooted for Milwaukee after that series so the story could play out but they ended up ANGERING me more by pissing away my temporary fandom by having their pixie magic end against LA.  Fuck them, I hope in all my years that they never come close to a snifffing an LCS Game 7 again.  I want the Cubs to do to them what they've essentially done to St. Louis between 2015-2017 but even moreso.

I can't believe y'all didn't hate the Brewers before this.

Fernando fucking Vina?

Fuck those guys.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #4949 on: January 10, 2019, 03:39:21 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on January 10, 2019, 02:33:09 PM
Quote from: World's #1 Astros Fan on January 10, 2019, 10:34:57 AM

TL;DR.  THIS

I can't believe y'all didn't hate the Brewers before this.

Fernando fucking Vina?

Fuck those guys.

In my defence, by the time I started paying attention to baseball, ViƱa was basically done with the Brewers so I remember him exclusively as a Tard.  And since '98 there have only been a couple of seasons when the Cubs and Milwaukee were both relevant, so it's never really been an issue for me.