News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 592,200 )

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #5025 on: June 08, 2020, 04:38:46 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 04, 2020, 03:42:42 PM
Quote from: CBStew on June 02, 2020, 04:01:33 PM
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 01, 2020, 08:59:03 AM
...in desperate need of a distraction, my wife and I turned on Disney+ and watched "That Darn Cat".

It wasn't terrible.

I forget.  Were Fred and Ginger in that one?

We're currently celebrating Dean Jones' entire body of work.

Don't skip Born Again. You've been warned.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5026 on: June 10, 2020, 11:26:26 AM »
... I've had my first (and likely only) mammogram.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5027 on: June 10, 2020, 07:51:01 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 10, 2020, 11:26:26 AM

Best wishes. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5028 on: June 10, 2020, 08:39:16 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on June 10, 2020, 07:51:01 PM

Best wishes.

Thanks. The mass was benign, but at least I've seen both sides now, or something. It was a bit awkward in the waiting room.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5029 on: June 10, 2020, 08:50:35 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 10, 2020, 08:39:16 PM
Quote from: CBStew on June 10, 2020, 07:51:01 PM

Best wishes.

Thanks. The mass was benign, but at least I've seen both sides now, or something. It was a bit awkward in the waiting room.

Screw the optics.  Breast cancer is not unknown in men. 
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5030 on: June 10, 2020, 08:54:52 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on May 26, 2020, 09:12:55 PM
Right now I am watching the ESPN showing of Game 7 of the 2016 World Series.  It is the 8th inning.  I know how the game ended and who won, yet my pulse rate and blood pressure are embarrassingly high.
Miguel Montero's single following Zobrist's double is the most under-appreciated hit in Cubs' history.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5031 on: June 11, 2020, 03:30:29 PM »
... I had no idea that sea otters could grow to 60 pounds.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5032 on: June 18, 2020, 10:23:37 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 11, 2020, 03:30:29 PM

Did somebody say otters?
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5033 on: June 18, 2020, 08:27:30 PM »
Quote from: Quality Start Machine on June 18, 2020, 10:23:37 AM
Quote from: Wheezer on June 11, 2020, 03:30:29 PM

Did somebody say otters?

Who is playing Gil's toilet with the fucking cat shit?

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5034 on: June 24, 2020, 11:19:25 PM »
... I am really, seriously having trouble restraining myself from using the word "coven" with regard to the apparent recrudescence of academic librarianship in the form of "New AI" "knowledge engineers" while completing a second comment explaining why the response to my complaint about the phasing out of the old Pubmed interface (apparently a teleological hit and run, or something) was obviously canned.

I have already likened their foundational document to the Edict of Paris (or Fontainebleau). Jesus Christ, I'm old enough to remember the last time these types tried to creepy-crawl the AI lab where I was resident, 30 years ago.

[Edit.     Silly me, I failed to notice that the new "degree" is a so-called MLIS. Just fucking perfect.]

[Edit 2.    

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5035 on: July 14, 2020, 03:29:00 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on June 24, 2020, 11:19:25 PM
... I am really, seriously having trouble restraining myself from using the word "coven" with regard to the apparent recrudescence of academic librarianship in the form of "New AI" "knowledge engineers" while completing a second comment explaining why the response to my complaint about the phasing out of the old Pubmed interface (apparently a teleological hit and run, or something) was obviously canned.

I have already likened their foundational document to the Edict of Paris (or Fontainebleau). Jesus Christ, I'm old enough to remember the last time these types tried to creepy-crawl the AI lab where I was resident, 30 years ago.

[Edit.     Silly me, I failed to notice that the new "degree" is a so-called MLIS. Just fucking perfect.]

[Edit 2.    

Couldn?t agree moor
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #5036 on: July 17, 2020, 11:18:01 PM »
Quote from: JD on July 14, 2020, 03:29:00 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on June 24, 2020, 11:19:25 PM

[Edit 2.    

Couldn?t agree moor

It's somehow comforting to know that I still don't understand 90% of what Wheezer posts. Rounding down.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5037 on: August 19, 2020, 12:25:02 AM »
... I have discovered a frozen Salisbury steak product that has me yearning for On-Cor. I'm going to have to ditch it in the back alley or something.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5038 on: August 26, 2020, 07:39:53 PM »
... I failed to fully realize how good I had it in Uptown, as shitty as the neighborhood is.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #5039 on: September 13, 2020, 08:28:27 PM »
... I'm actually looking forward to my perianal MRI tomorrow.