News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 594,907 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #405 on: January 07, 2011, 09:28:08 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 07, 2011, 09:10:09 AM
Quote from: FrankS on January 06, 2011, 11:27:50 PM
Quote from: Eli on January 06, 2011, 08:42:42 AM
Quote from: R-V on January 06, 2011, 08:32:54 AM
...I hope Jenny Mccarthy dies of the black plague.

As well as all of these weird vaccine-hatin' moms who keep clogging up my precious Facebook news feed with stories about the horrors of vaccines.  Stop hatin' on vaccines, crazy moms.

About 20 years ago, a child in Grundy County IL (population about 30,000) died from a reaction to a vaccine. There seems to be a lot of disagreement on this so the mothers may not be crazy.

Thank you for that singular, decades-old piece of anecdotal evidence as well as the population information.  Now go get a flu shot at Walgreens.

Profit sharing'd.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #406 on: January 07, 2011, 09:28:19 AM »
Quote from: Canadouche on January 07, 2011, 09:09:36 AM
I thought there was a political thread for this shit, but...

I don't know what Jenny McCarthy's specific stance is, but I know of some highly qualified doctors who have argued for a slower vaccination pace to occur.  (Their argument being that babies don't need Hepatitis vaccinations at childbirth, for example.)  The general take from these medical professionals is to spread out the vaccinations and to use an alternative to mercury-based vaccines and to delay on as many as possible until the child is two and talking.

Her specific stance is that vaccinations are responsible for her child's autism. Even though they aren't, and he probably isn't even autistic. Then she farted or something.

Spacing them out is not irrational.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Canadouche

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #407 on: January 07, 2011, 09:31:50 AM »
Quote from: Bort on January 07, 2011, 09:28:19 AM
I thought there was a political thread for this shit, but...

I don't know what Jenny McCarthy's specific stance is, but I know of some highly qualified doctors who have argued for a slower vaccination pace to occur.  (Their argument being that babies don't need Hepatitis vaccinations at childbirth, for example.)  The general take from these medical professionals is to spread out the vaccinations and to use an alternative to mercury-based vaccines and to delay on as many as possible until the child is two and talking.

Her specific stance is that vaccinations are responsible for her child's autism. Even though they aren't, and he probably isn't even autistic. Then she farted or something.

My question is - does she actually think that we should completely do away with vaccines, or does she think we should space them out and use an alternative to mercury-based injections?  I know she thinks they cause autism - the doctor and lawyer who run two and talking also think there might be a correlation - but you'd have to be totally fucking crazy to actually want to get rid of vaccines all together.
M'lady.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #408 on: January 07, 2011, 09:35:25 AM »
Well, I don't think she's particularly capable of nuance, but the US hasn't really used mercury-based injections in some time. Well before her own Indigo child was born.

Quote from: The FDA"At present, all routinely recommended vaccines for U.S. infants are available only as Thimerosal-free formulations or contain only trace amounts of Thimerosal."
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #409 on: January 07, 2011, 09:44:51 AM »
Quote from: Eli on January 07, 2011, 09:10:09 AM
Quote from: FrankS on January 06, 2011, 11:27:50 PM
Quote from: Eli on January 06, 2011, 08:42:42 AM
Quote from: R-V on January 06, 2011, 08:32:54 AM
...I hope Jenny Mccarthy dies of the black plague.

As well as all of these weird vaccine-hatin' moms who keep clogging up my precious Facebook news feed with stories about the horrors of vaccines.  Stop hatin' on vaccines, crazy moms.

About 20 years ago, a child in Grundy County IL (population about 30,000) died from a reaction to a vaccine. There seems to be a lot of disagreement on this so the mothers may not be crazy.

Thank you for that singular, decades-old piece of anecdotal evidence as well as the population information.  Now go get a flu shot.

Sounds legit.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #410 on: January 07, 2011, 10:21:45 AM »
The Army used me as a pincushion for 7 years.  I'm gonna blame everything stupid I do from here on out on the anthrax vaccine.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #411 on: January 07, 2011, 10:23:04 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on January 07, 2011, 10:21:45 AM
The Army used me as a pincushion for 7 years.  I'm gonna blame everything stupid I do from here on out on the anthrax vaccine.

I assume you're a Manchurian candidate sent by BCB to kill us all.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #412 on: January 07, 2011, 10:43:30 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on January 07, 2011, 10:21:45 AM

Don't ask, don't tell will be over soon.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #413 on: January 07, 2011, 11:08:02 AM »
...I couldn't care less about what Jenny Mccarthy thinks.  But, her boobs...that's another story.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #414 on: January 07, 2011, 11:09:21 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on January 07, 2011, 11:08:02 AM
...I couldn't care less about what Jenny Mccarthy thinks.  But, her boobs...that's another story.

Her boobs think naughty thinks.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #415 on: January 07, 2011, 11:45:47 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 07, 2011, 11:09:21 AM

And she has an enormous forehead.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #416 on: January 07, 2011, 11:46:33 AM »
Quote from: Wheezer on January 07, 2011, 11:45:47 AM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 07, 2011, 11:09:21 AM

And she has an enormous forehead.

Intrepid Reader: TDubbs

Hi.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #417 on: January 07, 2011, 11:11:11 PM »
Quote from: Bort on January 07, 2011, 09:28:19 AM

The only two plausible quasi-rational reasons I can see for a layman are (1) fearing an adverse reaction and wanting a sense of being able to identify the "culprit" and (2) preferring numerous doctor visits over administering a bunch of physical pokes at one time. Both are saddled with some sort of "gut" risk assessment--of spending extra time in a place where sick kids tend to congregate--and these volk reckonings are the essential dynamic of the situation in the first place, aside from pure ideologues. It's not far from there to homely observations such as this:

I don't know what Jenny McCarthy's specific stance is, but I know of some highly qualified doctors who have argued for a slower vaccination pace to occur.  (Their argument being that babies don't need Hepatitis vaccinations at childbirth, for example.)

Leaving aside the issue of Kurt's failure to identify these highly qualified doctors of whom he knows, in favor of linking to the impressively undocumented "Two and Talking" site, Hep B scoffing boils down to the assessment that, hey, exposure risk is low because mah baby ain't shootin' no drugs, etc., at the expense of the observations that Hep B's chances of fucking you up real good scale inversely with age and that the recommended delay window has historically accounted for nearly half of incidence:

"I thought you said the pool was lukewarm!"

"Look warm to me."
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #418 on: January 07, 2011, 11:30:08 PM »
...that ↑↑↑ was pretty awesome
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #419 on: January 07, 2011, 11:36:32 PM »
I suppose it would have helped if I had used the Hep B figure instead of Hep A.