News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 593,242 )

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #480 on: January 28, 2011, 08:30:58 PM »
Quote from: BBM on January 28, 2011, 07:53:13 PM
Quote from: Tony on January 28, 2011, 07:04:53 PM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 28, 2011, 02:38:11 PM
... I will probably be watching the NHL All Star Draft tonight and am actually curious to see how it plays out.

This would be a lot more interesting if I knew who any non-Hawks players were.

Did you know Stan Bowman let 2011 All Star Martin Havlat go for Marian Hossa?  He also gave away Dustin Byfluglien for nothing. 

This would be a lot more interesting if I knew who any non-current-or-former-Hawks players were.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #481 on: January 28, 2011, 09:04:44 PM »
Quote from: Tony on January 28, 2011, 08:30:58 PM
... I will probably be watching the NHL All Star Draft tonight and am actually curious to see how it plays out.

Did you know Stan Bowman let 2011 All Star Martin Havlat go for Marian Hossa?  He also gave away Dustin Byfluglien for nothing. 

This would be a lot more interesting if I knew who any non-current-or-former-Hawks players were.

No it wouldn't.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #482 on: January 29, 2011, 10:51:27 AM »
Quote from: CT III on January 28, 2011, 09:04:44 PM

No it wouldn't.

Meh. I found it an enjoyable enough watch while I ate dinner. It was a novelty.

The whole pomp and production surrounding it was pretty gay, though. They should have ditched all of that and run it like a pick-up game: have the captains pick the teams on the ice and just play. (Of course, in that case Ovechkin might have gotten fewer hilarious pics of Phil Kessel squirming in his seat.)

In any event, it's always nice to be get a reminder of Kane's utter lack of wit and charm off the ice.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #483 on: January 29, 2011, 11:00:40 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 29, 2011, 10:51:27 AM

No it wouldn't.

The whole pomp and production surrounding it was pretty gay, though. They should have ditched all of that and run it like a pick-up game: have the captains pick the teams on the ice and just play. (Of course, in that case Ovechkin might have gotten fewer hilarious pics of Phil Kessel squirming in his seat.)

In any event, it's always nice to be get a reminder of Kane's utter lack of wit and charm off the ice.

He's so droll.

I also found it strange that they took a break to analyze the draft up to that point. Four analysts essentially breaking down the teams so far while the players they analyzed sat there in awkward background silence.

No one does awkward like the NHL.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #484 on: January 29, 2011, 11:35:24 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 29, 2011, 11:00:40 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on January 29, 2011, 10:51:27 AM

No it wouldn't.

He's so droll.

I also found it strange that they took a break to analyze the draft up to that point. Four analysts essentially breaking down the teams so far while the players they analyzed sat there in awkward background silence.

No one does awkward like the NHL.

I also found the emcee guy to be pretty annoying as well.  Although I did enjoy his interview with Sharp, which was conducted as the two of them sat on the steps of the stage.  Couldn't afford chairs, NHL?

Next year, just use the "sticks in a pile" at center ice method.  Maybe one team ends up with 10 defensemen, but so what?

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #485 on: January 29, 2011, 12:07:59 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 29, 2011, 11:35:24 AM
Next year, just use the "sticks in a pile" at center ice method.  Maybe one team ends up with 10 defensemen, but so what?

And replace the skills competition with a lemon shootout.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #486 on: January 30, 2011, 12:03:15 AM »
This thread seems as good a place as any to share this anecdote.

I was taking statements from some witnesses downstate today.  It was getting towards the end of my last statement with this one particular individual and I asked him the requisite question about his current employment status.

He responds, in a completely serious voice, "Since I got fired?  I've been selling drugs three days a week."

Give the man credit, he was under oath.
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #487 on: January 30, 2011, 03:30:27 AM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on January 30, 2011, 12:03:15 AM

I was taking statements from some witnesses downstate today.  It was getting towards the end of my last statement with this one particular individual and I asked him the requisite question about his current employment status.

He responds, in a completely serious voice, "Since I got fired?  I've been selling drugs three days a week."

Only three days a week?  Man, the hours are pretty good.  Perhaps he has to work weekends?  Nonetheless, it's something I'm going to be looking into.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #488 on: January 30, 2011, 08:09:54 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on January 30, 2011, 03:30:27 AM

Only three days a week?  Man, the hours are pretty good.  Perhaps he has to work weekends?  Nonetheless, it's something I'm going to be looking into.

I keep asking myself why I didn't go into a field related to weddings or baby furniture. My god. You can take people to the fucking cleaners.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #489 on: January 30, 2011, 09:24:58 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on January 30, 2011, 08:09:54 AM
Quote from: Tonker on January 30, 2011, 03:30:27 AM

I keep asking myself why I didn't go into a field related to weddings or baby furniture. My god. You can take people to the fucking cleaners.

No kidding.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #490 on: January 30, 2011, 09:38:38 AM »

Queueueueue Tony?

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #491 on: January 30, 2011, 11:24:39 AM »

"Winter's Bones" is apparently a true story.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #492 on: January 30, 2011, 01:25:27 PM »
Quote from: Eli on January 30, 2011, 09:38:38 AM

Queueueueue Tony?

Shitty economy or not, people still get married. It's more a seven days a week job though.....maybe I'll look into the drug dealing thing.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #493 on: January 30, 2011, 03:04:02 PM »
Quote from: Tony on January 30, 2011, 01:25:27 PM
Quote from: Eli on January 30, 2011, 09:38:38 AM

Queueueueue Tony?

Shitty economy or not, people still get married. It's more a seven days a week job though.....maybe I'll look into the drug dealing thing.

And then they fuck and have babies. You are a wise man.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #494 on: January 30, 2011, 03:08:25 PM »
Quote from: CT III on January 29, 2011, 11:35:24 AM

Sticks in a pile?  Seems queer.
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.