News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 592,660 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #510 on: January 31, 2011, 03:25:40 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on January 31, 2011, 03:19:03 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 31, 2011, 03:15:22 PM
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on January 31, 2011, 02:56:27 PM
Quote from: PANK! on January 31, 2011, 02:46:51 PM
I'll probably be pulling for the Packers Sunday.

How is that different from every other week?

No shit. While I totally understand the desire to see the Bears ouster become the eventual champ, that never did anything for me. Purdue was knocked out by Duke last year but do you think I rooted for Duke for one fucking second afterward, brackets be fucked? Nosir. When the teams take the field on Sunday, the Packers will still be the Packers and I will still instinctively root for their utter and complete destruction and humiliaiton. Concussion number four for Mr. Rodgers tops my wish list.

I'm just glad that you were able to shoehorn a Purdue comment in here in case we forgot that you liked them.

And I'm just glad you're still here. Posting.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #511 on: January 31, 2011, 03:40:12 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 31, 2011, 03:24:11 PM
Quote from: Slaky on January 31, 2011, 03:19:15 PM

No shit. While I totally understand the desire to see the Bears ouster become the eventual champ, that never did anything for me. Purdue was knocked out by Duke last year but do you think I rooted for Duke for one fucking second afterward, brackets be fucked? Nosir. When the teams take the field on Sunday, the Packers will still be the Packers and I will still instinctively root for their utter and complete destruction and humiliaiton. Concussion number four for Mr. Rodgers tops my wish list.

Fuck the concussion. I hope he stays 100% healthy and without an excuse to lean on, he throws four Packer-Destroying interceptions that all lead to Steeler touchdowns. Yes, that's my dream.

THI

And a concussion too.

I want him to leave the game with a less than obvious injury and watch the collective silence from the media.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #512 on: January 31, 2011, 03:52:54 PM »
Quote from: SKO on January 31, 2011, 03:40:12 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on January 31, 2011, 03:24:11 PM
Quote from: Slaky on January 31, 2011, 03:19:15 PM

Fuck the concussion. I hope he stays 100% healthy and without an excuse to lean on, he throws four Packer-Destroying interceptions that all lead to Steeler touchdowns. Yes, that's my dream.

THI

And a concussion too.

I want him to leave the game with a less than obvious injury and watch the collective silence from the media.

I agree this would be worth noting, consdering how cartoonishly Rodger's ascension to sainthood is being reported.
So was Rodgers's answer to a question posed to him during the admittance interview for Champion Christian, where he attended eighth grade. The principal said, "Tell me one thing you can do to make the school better," and Rodgers, according to his father, replied, "Your sports teams are going to be really good."

His father added, "Aaron has always had this interesting combination of being really humble and extremely confident."

QuoteWhen the Vikings' football team advanced to the playoffs last fall, Rodgers posted a good-luck message on the wall of Christensen's Facebook page.

"He wrote something like, 'Now bring those boys home a championship like I couldn't,' " Christensen said, adding, "For him to take time to post on my wall was huge."

QuoteOne of Rodgers's childhood friends, Amy Ruby, is a teacher who was recently assigned her own kindergarten class after toiling as a substitute. When Rodgers found out, he mailed her a box of Packers paraphernalia to decorate her room.

QuoteTen days before the Packers' showdown against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl XLV, Ruby's parents, Larry and Diane, received a text from Rodgers, who wrote: "Thank you for being there for me throughout my life. Thank you for all the support. Love you. Can't wait to see you."

Aaron Rodgers.  American Hero.

Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #513 on: January 31, 2011, 04:27:16 PM »
C'mon, now. The best scenario regarding next Sunday goes thusly:

The unrest in Egypt begans to reach a crescendo this week with the Muslim Brotherhood set to fill the power vacuum. Meanwhile, similar revolts begin to germinate and take place in Libya, audi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan and Yemen. It all begins to reach a climax Sunday as the Libyan, Iranian, Saudi, Paki and Yemeni governments teeter towards collapse. The tension involving U.S. interests in Egypt and Saudi Arabia, nukes in Iran and Pakistan, and the specter of crazy motherfuckers looking to take charge of these chaotic countries results in all television programming in the U.S. being pre-empted by a Special Report around 5 or so lasting into the night.

Oh, and in the game, Byron Leftwich leads Pittsburgh over Green Bay. Rothliesberger goes on a bender this week and gets detained for rape, and in the game Rodgers sucks something terrible early on, then only sprains his MCL in the third quarter. As Rodgers is a MAN, he'll play the fourth, suck some more, and then injure his ACL and MCL and never be the same player ever again.

In the ongoing crisis in the Middle East, a crazy Paki takes control of that country's arsenal and decides to nuke Green Bay and Cowboys Stadium shortly after the game Sunday. Everything then calms down and world peace ensues soon after, and the United States is better off after eliminating much of the states of Texas and Wisconsin. Roger Goodell, in consultation with President Obama, names the Bears Super Bowl champs.

It's a simple scenario, totally plausible and not asking too much.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #514 on: January 31, 2011, 04:44:49 PM »
Quote from: Brownie on January 31, 2011, 04:27:16 PM

The unrest in Egypt begans to reach a crescendo this week with the Muslim Brotherhood set to fill the power vacuum. Meanwhile, similar revolts begin to germinate and take place in Libya, audi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan and Yemen. It all begins to reach a climax Sunday as the Libyan, Iranian, Saudi, Paki and Yemeni governments teeter towards collapse. The tension involving U.S. interests in Egypt and Saudi Arabia, nukes in Iran and Pakistan, and the specter of crazy motherfuckers looking to take charge of these chaotic countries results in all television programming in the U.S. being pre-empted by a Special Report around 5 or so lasting into the night.

Oh, and in the game, Byron Leftwich leads Pittsburgh over Green Bay. Rothliesberger goes on a bender this week and gets detained for rape, and in the game Rodgers sucks something terrible early on, then only sprains his MCL in the third quarter. As Rodgers is a MAN, he'll play the fourth, suck some more, and then injure his ACL and MCL and never be the same player ever again.

In the ongoing crisis in the Middle East, a crazy Paki takes control of that country's arsenal and decides to nuke Green Bay and Cowboys Stadium shortly after the game Sunday. Everything then calms down and world peace ensues soon after, and the United States is better off after eliminating much of the states of Texas and Wisconsin. Roger Goodell, in consultation with President Obama, names the Bears Super Bowl champs.

I feel like Jay Cutler should be involved somehow.  Maybe during Goodell and Obama's announcement they could show him in the background alternating between sulking and WALKING, the nerve of that guy.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #515 on: January 31, 2011, 04:45:06 PM »

THI or a concussion would be tits.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #516 on: January 31, 2011, 05:02:29 PM »
Quote from: Night Man on January 31, 2011, 04:44:49 PM

I feel like Jay Cutler should be involved somehow.  Maybe during Goodell and Obama's announcement they could show him in the background alternating between sulking and WALKING, the nerve of that guy.

Thanks, Night Man.

After the vaporization of Green Bay and Dallas, Obama's and the UN's diplomatic teams fail, so Jay Cutler leads his own rogue diplomatic team comprised of him, Richard Dent, Tom Crean, Gordon Wittenmeyer, Crane Kenney and Al Yellon meet in Riyadh to settle this all up. Yellon brings a bologna sandwich, which gets him executed on the spot. Same goes for Gordon Wittenmeyer, as he was elected to drive the group to the peace talks and he was suspected of being a woman. Meanwhile, Cutler's group succeeds so well that the following takes place:

Richard Dent is elected to the Hall of Fame, finally, and even gets a wing named after him in Canton. When FOX decides to make good with its advertisers and show the Super Bowl in a couple weeks, it elects to replay Super Bowl XX rather than subject us to the last game Joe Buck and Troy Aikman ever broadcast.

Tom Crean all of a sudden becomes the only coach any high school recruit would want to play for. With his current team showing signs of not totally sucking at basketball, Purdue agrees to join the NAIA.]

Crane Kenney gets credited so effusively by Cutler that Obama shitcans Hillary Clinton and names Kenney Secretary of State. Todd Ricketts assumes the ambassadorship to Ghana.

Jay Cutler gets skewered by the press as he's he's healthy enough (and likable enough) to save the world, but not healthy enough to play in the NFC Championship or likable enough to get sympathy from Deion Sanders.

BBM

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #517 on: January 31, 2011, 05:10:03 PM »

Me, Drunk and stuffed to the brim on Chilli and Caramel panna cotta at my super bowl party. Forgetting to watch the actual game? 

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #518 on: February 01, 2011, 03:16:46 PM »
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #519 on: February 04, 2011, 06:42:27 PM »
...Jim Edmonds was the only offensive player I didn't completely hate by the end of the '08 NLDS.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #520 on: February 04, 2011, 08:22:22 PM »

Setting aside my misguided loyalty to my alma mater, now that the Chicago Bears are out of it I
want to see Rodgers do what Favre couldn't, and think at the same time how Favre must feel about it.  Aaron Rodgers is Chico's favorite son.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #521 on: February 04, 2011, 08:28:31 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 04, 2011, 08:22:22 PM

Setting aside my misguided loyalty to my alma mater, now that the Chicago Bears are out of it I
want to see Rodgers do what Favre couldn't, and think at the same time how Favre must feel about it.  Aaron Rodgers is Chico's favorite son.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXdYrERzrWg

The Jewish version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdT_jYJ-mxA&feature=related

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #522 on: February 05, 2011, 11:10:19 AM »
Quote from: Tinker to Evers to Chance on February 04, 2011, 06:42:27 PM
...Jim Edmonds was the only offensive player I didn't completely hate by the end of the '08 NLDS.

Geigh.

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #523 on: February 06, 2011, 07:34:59 AM »

From my friend Devin on Facebook:

I'm just hoping the Green Bay Packers and all of their fans are forced into a state of grovelling fear and supplication. I want to see panic and terror and despair. The wanton mayhem and slaughter usually expressed i...n partisan reprisals, ethnic cleansing, and pre-agrarian tribal warfare.. I want the score to be measured in body counts. I want to see Green Bay players carted off the field for psychic, as well as physical injuries. I want Heinz Ward to hoist the Lombardi Trophy in one hand, and the crudely severed head of Aaron Rogers in the other. I want the Green Bay bench to be an encampment of smoldering ruin. I want James Harrison to make a necklace of human eyes. I want atavistic howling and grunting. Death-worship and queer ululations. Helmets caked with viscera and blood. Encircling vultures, and the stench of rotting flesh.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #524 on: February 06, 2011, 07:50:27 AM »
Quote from: Oleg on February 06, 2011, 07:34:59 AM

From my friend Devin on Facebook:

I'm just hoping the Green Bay Packers and all of their fans are forced into a state of grovelling fear and supplication. I want to see panic and terror and despair. The wanton mayhem and slaughter usually expressed i...n partisan reprisals, ethnic cleansing, and pre-agrarian tribal warfare.. I want the score to be measured in body counts. I want to see Green Bay players carted off the field for psychic, as well as physical injuries. I want Heinz Ward to hoist the Lombardi Trophy in one hand, and the crudely severed head of Aaron Rogers in the other. I want the Green Bay bench to be an encampment of smoldering ruin. I want James Harrison to make a necklace of human eyes. I want atavistic howling and grunting. Death-worship and queer ululations. Helmets caked with viscera and blood. Encircling vultures, and the stench of rotting flesh.

Geigh.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs