News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 594,728 )

Oleg

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #630 on: February 22, 2011, 10:39:30 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on February 22, 2011, 09:51:03 AM
Quote from: Yeti on February 22, 2011, 09:17:11 AM
I've enjoyed some of Radiohead's stuff but when I try to think of their "genre" Rock N Roll doesn't come to mind

Which is why genre definition is almost as useless as the idea of mainstream. Categorizing music is difficult enough. Used to be you could slap rock, rap or country on a song and be done with it. Now you're gonna argue about what's crust punk vs. stoner metal vs. post-metal grindcore. It's a joke.

Rock is a broad category. Radiohead uses instruments. We'll call them rock and put this one to bed.

Does it complicate or simplify things to know that Thom Yorke has an uncanny resemblance to Clay Aiken?

I also agree with Slak...I'm done with labels.  If it's music and I like it, I couldn't care less what it's called.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #631 on: February 22, 2011, 01:56:22 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on February 22, 2011, 10:39:30 AM
I've enjoyed some of Radiohead's stuff but when I try to think of their "genre" Rock N Roll doesn't come to mind

Which is why genre definition is almost as useless as the idea of mainstream. Categorizing music is difficult enough. Used to be you could slap rock, rap or country on a song and be done with it. Now you're gonna argue about what's crust punk vs. stoner metal vs. post-metal grindcore. It's a joke.

Rock is a broad category. Radiohead uses instruments. We'll call them rock and put this one to bed.

Does it complicate or simplify things to know that Thom Yorke has an uncanny resemblance to Clay Aiken?

I also agree with Slak...I'm done with labels.  If it's music and I like it, I couldn't care less what it's called.

There are only two kinds of music. Good and bad.

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #632 on: February 22, 2011, 01:58:25 PM »
Quote from: Tony on February 22, 2011, 01:56:22 PM

You don't recognize meh? Or it's not music?
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #633 on: February 22, 2011, 02:02:51 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 22, 2011, 01:58:25 PM

You don't recognize meh? Or it's not music?

There are varying degrees of good and bad and that's where meh fits in.

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #634 on: February 22, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »
Pablo Honey, the Bends and OK Computer are what I think of when I hear Radiohead.
All are epic albums. Not many bands have one album as good as any of those 3.
After that, I think they all died in a plane crash.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #635 on: February 23, 2011, 09:24:46 AM »
...I only brought up Radiohead to stickpoke Oleg...
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #636 on: February 23, 2011, 01:19:57 PM »
Quote from: Bort on February 23, 2011, 09:24:46 AM

NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #637 on: February 23, 2011, 02:15:22 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 23, 2011, 01:19:57 PM
Quote from: Bort on February 23, 2011, 09:24:46 AM

NOW LOOK WHAT YOU'VE DONE!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

JakeD

• Sam Fuld Fan Club
« Reply #638 on: February 23, 2011, 08:05:10 PM »

I thought it was Country and Western
I'm gonna rise up, I'm gonna kick a little ass, Gonna kick some ass in the USA, Gonna climb a mountain, Gonna sew a flag, Gonna fly on an Eagle, I'm gonna kick some butt, I'm gonna drive a big truck, Gonna kick some ass - ROCK, FLAG AND EAGLE!

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #639 on: February 25, 2011, 09:47:18 PM »
...this Charlie Sheen quote slayed me.

Quote"I put a billion dollars in the studio's pockets and I put half a billion dollars in Chuck's pocket. I should have been walking into sandwiches, massages, and handjobs. Yeah, I said it!"

http://www.avclub.com/articles/charlie-sheen-busts-out-the-eminem-quotes-demands,52426/
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #640 on: March 14, 2011, 11:00:00 AM »
...while not a celebrator of the genius of Jim Belushi like Huey, "The Defenders" is actually watchable.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #641 on: March 14, 2011, 12:15:39 PM »
For the past year I have listened, religiously, to "This American Life" and have not donated a dime to NPR.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #642 on: March 14, 2011, 12:29:10 PM »
This is the first time since I can remember that I didn't watch the Selection Show. I do not care.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #643 on: March 14, 2011, 12:36:08 PM »
... I hope all the Japanese people have to come here to live and we start kicking out white college kids to make room.

Internet Apex

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #644 on: March 14, 2011, 12:39:06 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 14, 2011, 12:29:10 PM
This is the first time since I can remember that I didn't watch the Selection Show. I do not care.

I care a lot and I can't remember the last time I watched that show.