News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 594,534 )

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #780 on: August 21, 2011, 10:32:54 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on August 21, 2011, 10:02:57 PM
Quote from: thehawk on August 21, 2011, 09:20:56 PM
...what Bobby Valentine is saying about Castro specifically (and by extension the Cubs), in the 7th inning is making a lot of sense to me.

I thought it was crap. Nothing more than ESPN giving Bobby V a chance to interview for the Cubs managerial job on the fucking air.

CASTRO TOOK HIS GLOVE OFF!!! HE DOESN'T CARE!!!

CASTRO IS SPITTING SUNFLOWER SEEDS!!! HE DOESN'T CARE!!!!

Valentine sounded just like the meatheads who rip Cutler for the look on his face. HE DOESN'T HAVE THE DA FIRE OR DA PASHIUN!!!

There are a lot of reasons to rip the Cubs and Castro but that entire monologue was a steaming pile of shit.

Fuck Bobby V.

I didn't see the entire rant but for the small part I saw (Castro not looking at the batter when the pitch was thrown), Valentine was right. Blind squirrel, nut, etc. Pay the fuck attention Starlin.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #781 on: August 21, 2011, 10:38:01 PM »
Castro should have been paying attention. But Valentine acted like he was the first guy in the history of Major League Baseball to do that.

Funniest part of the whole screed was him bitching about how Castro takes his glove off between pitches and how that's not the way to play the game. Then he goes on to praise Barney as a guy who does it the right way.

ESPN then cut to a shot of Barney between pitches and he has his glove off.

Fuck Bobby V.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #782 on: August 22, 2011, 08:32:25 AM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on August 21, 2011, 10:38:01 PM
Castro should have been paying attention. But Valentine acted like he was the first guy in the history of Major League Baseball to do that.

Funniest part of the whole screed was him bitching about how Castro takes his glove off between pitches and how that's not the way to play the game. Then he goes on to praise Barney as a guy who does it the right way.

Fuck Bobby V.

Reminiscient of Buck Showalter ripping Ken Griffey Jr. for taking BP with his hat on backwards.

If I were Junior, I'd want the hat backwards on my Hall of Fame plaque.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #783 on: August 22, 2011, 09:29:49 AM »
Quote from: Fork on August 22, 2011, 08:32:25 AM

Fuck Bobby V.

Reminiscient of Buck Showalter ripping Ken Griffey Jr. for taking BP with his hat on backwards.

I think a couple of Junior's exploded hamstrings are already in the hall of fame right next to Big Mac's acne cream and Barroid's shoehorn. /generalstickpoke
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #784 on: August 22, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 22, 2011, 09:29:49 AM
Quote from: Fork on August 22, 2011, 08:32:25 AM

Fuck Bobby V.

I think a couple of Junior's exploded hamstrings are already in the hall of fame right next to Big Mac's acne cream and Barroid's shoehorn. /generalstickpoke

Intrepid HOFers: Whitey Ford, Don Sutton, Gaylord Perry

It ain't cheatin' if you don't get caught.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

thehawk

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #785 on: August 22, 2011, 11:00:00 AM »
...what Bobby Valentine is saying about Castro specifically (and by extension the Cubs), in the 7th inning is making a lot of sense to me.

I thought it was crap. Nothing more than ESPN giving Bobby V a chance to interview for the Cubs managerial job on the fucking air.

Valentine sounded just like the meatheads who rip Cutler for the look on his face. HE DOESN'T HAVE THE DA FIRE OR DA PASHIUN!!!

There are a lot of reasons to rip the Cubs and Castro but that entire monologue was a steaming pile of shit.

Fuck Bobby V.

Yeah there was some of that, but it was pretty clear that Castro was doing those things as the pitcher was in his motion.  I think that the comments about Cutlers look are stupid as well, but if he was all downcast and looking down while he was in the pocket I would have a problem with that.
Andre Dawson paid his $1,000 fine for the Joe West incident with style. Dawson wrote ``Donation for the blind`` in the memo section of his personal check.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #786 on: August 22, 2011, 12:11:51 PM »
Quote from: thehawk on August 22, 2011, 11:00:00 AM
Yeah there was some of that, but it was pretty clear that Castro was doing those things as the pitcher was in his motion.  I think that the comments about Cutlers look are stupid as well, but if he was all downcast and looking down while he was in the pocket I would have a problem with that.

Yeah, I just saw the video of it, and it's pretty bad.  Especially considering Castro has been pretty poor defensively, with a lot of it coming from stupid errors that could be attributed to a lack of focus.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #787 on: August 22, 2011, 12:21:12 PM »
Quote from: Eli on August 22, 2011, 12:11:51 PM

Yeah, I just saw the video of it, and it's pretty bad.  Especially considering Castro has been pretty poor defensively, with a lot of it coming from stupid errors that could be attributed to a lack of focus.

Holy shit. It's like he's not even aware there's a game going on.

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #788 on: August 22, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »

Fuck Bobby V.

Yeah, it was pretty bad that he missed a pitch but Valentine went completely off the rails when he started acting like Castro was the first guy in the history of major league baseball to ever do that. That's not why the Cubs suck.

Point it out and move on.
"I never read this book the Cardinals wrote way back in the day regarding how to play baseball."

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #789 on: August 22, 2011, 12:39:25 PM »
Quote from: Armchair_QB on August 22, 2011, 12:38:00 PM

Fuck Bobby V.

Yeah, it was pretty bad that he missed a pitch but Valentine went completely off the rails when he started acting like Castro was the first guy in the history of major league baseball to ever do that. That's not why the Cubs suck.

Point it out and move on.

There is entirely too much bullshit toleration on this messageboard.  You guys are a cancer.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #790 on: August 22, 2011, 02:26:08 PM »

I'm a little amazed MLB.com posted this video as a game highlight.  Would they do this for any other player?  Or only when the announcer in question is publicly auditioning to be the player's boss?
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #791 on: August 22, 2011, 03:31:15 PM »
The player's current boss had this to say.

Quote"I probably tend to focus when there's a situation and I'm expecting him to be involved in more than anything else. I'll have to ask those guys about that. Maybe call Bobby, see what he saw.... Who knows? (Matt) Holliday must've been doing some seeds, too. We picked him off, right?"

I laughed.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #792 on: August 22, 2011, 04:09:23 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 22, 2011, 03:31:15 PM

Quote"I probably tend to focus when there's a situation and I'm expecting him to be involved in more than anything else. I'll have to ask those guys about that. Maybe call Bobby, see what he saw.... Who knows? (Matt) Holliday must've been doing some seeds, too. We picked him off, right?"

I laughed.

Of course you did.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

Armchair_QB

• Hank White Fan Club
« Reply #793 on: August 22, 2011, 06:59:23 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on August 22, 2011, 03:31:15 PM

I laughed.

Nice.

JD

• I feel like 30 million dollars.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #794 on: August 22, 2011, 09:32:28 PM »
Quote from: Tony on August 22, 2011, 12:21:12 PM

Holy shit. It's like he's not even aware there's a game going on.

Yeah, that's crazy.  I kept wanting him to turn around or something and then, when the pitcher started winding up, I was all "turn around, dude" out loud and stuff and my wife told me to stop farting but they don't stink so what's the big deal?

That was pretty ridiculous, though. 
Can you help me live a little more?  I expect good news.