News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 593,822 )

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #945 on: February 02, 2012, 12:01:08 PM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on February 02, 2012, 11:21:37 AM
Also, no dice for having a copy of any of them.

Lost. Well, I'll just have to scrap this biography I've been outlining.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #946 on: February 02, 2012, 01:10:57 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on February 02, 2012, 12:01:08 PM
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on February 02, 2012, 11:21:37 AM
Also, no dice for having a copy of any of them.

Lost. Well, I'll just have to scrap this biography I've been outlining.

hang onto that argyle dust cover though.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

morpheus

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #947 on: February 02, 2012, 01:23:15 PM »
I think this should be on this page too.

I don't get that KurtEvans photoshop.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #948 on: February 02, 2012, 05:51:36 PM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on February 02, 2012, 07:57:26 AM
I'm the world's worst college student. I'll be lucky to have a degree in 4 years (30)

It is a generational thing.  When I went to college it was taken for granted that we would get our degrees in 4 years.  After four years you no longer had a student draft deferment.  General Grant needed all the troops he could get to subdue the rebellion.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #949 on: February 02, 2012, 06:15:37 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 02, 2012, 05:51:36 PM
I'm the world's worst college student. I'll be lucky to have a degree in 4 years (30)

It is a generational thing.  When I went to college it was taken for granted that we would get our degrees in 4 years.  After four years you no longer had a student draft deferment.  General Grant needed all the troops he could get to subdue the rebellion.

We prefer to call it the Noble Defense of Our Property Rights.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

Gilgamesh

• Unlimited Mullet Potential
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #950 on: February 02, 2012, 06:16:04 PM »

Related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdwg_Shit28&feature=youtu.be
This is so bad, I'd root for the Orioles over this fucking team, but I can't. Because they're a fucking drug and you can't kick it and they'll never win anything and they'll always suck, but it'll always be sunny at Wrigley and there will be tits and ivy and an old scoreboard and fucking Chads.

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #951 on: February 02, 2012, 08:20:44 PM »
Quote from: Gilgamesh on February 02, 2012, 06:16:04 PM

Related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdwg_Shit28&feature=youtu.be

...some of those geniuses are old enough to vote, but fortunately for the rest of us they won't.   (The Seinfeld commercial was fantastic)
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #952 on: February 06, 2012, 02:20:15 AM »
... I don't understand why Bradshaw tried to stop at the 1 yard line.  I realise that gave the ball back to the Patriots with time on the clock but surely you'd rather have the six points in the bag and make New England try to take it back off you than risk NOT getting anything from the following four plays?  I presume they wanted to run the clock down and take a short field goal to win it, but it wouldn't be the first time that had gone wrong, would it?  Indeed, isn't that how the Pats got into the Superbowl in the first place?
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #953 on: February 06, 2012, 06:40:57 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on February 06, 2012, 02:20:15 AM
... I don't understand why Bradshaw tried to stop at the 1 yard line.  I realise that gave the ball back to the Patriots with time on the clock but surely you'd rather have the six points in the bag and make New England try to take it back off you than risk NOT getting anything from the following four plays?  I presume they wanted to run the clock down and take a short field goal to win it, but it wouldn't be the first time that had gone wrong, would it?  Indeed, isn't that how the Pats got into the Superbowl in the first place?

The odds of them shanking an 18 yard field goal would be pretty stiiff, but I see your point.  There is some infinitesmile risk.  However, when you see that Brady *did* get them to midfield and had a legitimate Hail Mary attempt, you can should be able to see why they thought downing it at the one was not an awful idea. 
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #954 on: February 06, 2012, 06:43:23 AM »
I'm happy the Patriots lost if only because you can pin it on their human grit machine Wes Welker who, if he makes the difficult-but-makeable catch late in the game to extend the drive and lead to a field goal, the Patriots more than likely would have won.  Fuck that guy and all of the writers and fans who make him out to be some sort of lunchpail hero.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #955 on: February 06, 2012, 07:08:12 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 06, 2012, 06:43:23 AM
I'm happy the Patriots lost if only because you can pin it on their human grit machine Wes Welker who, if he makes the difficult-but-makeable catch late in the game to extend the drive and lead to a field goal, the Patriots more than likely would have won.  Fuck that guy and all of the writers and fans who make him out to be some sort of lunchpail hero.

Yeah, fuck one of the best receivers in the league
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #956 on: February 06, 2012, 07:38:26 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 06, 2012, 06:40:57 AM
However, when you see that Brady *did* get them to midfield and had a legitimate Hail Mary attempt, you can should be able to see why they thought downing it at the one was not an awful idea. 

Point taken.  Indeed I can should be able to see why.

Quote from: PANK! on February 06, 2012, 06:40:57 AM
There is some infinitesmile risk.

Never mind infinitesmile, this made me infinitelol!

Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #957 on: February 06, 2012, 07:44:07 AM »
Quote from: Richard Chuggar on February 06, 2012, 07:08:12 AM
Quote from: PANK! on February 06, 2012, 06:43:23 AM

Yeah, fuck one of the best receivers in the league

Ha.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #958 on: February 06, 2012, 08:27:29 AM »
I thought the Pats were going to pull away after the drive at the start of the second period.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

CBStew

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #959 on: February 06, 2012, 08:35:50 AM »
Is it just me, or did both of these teams suck?