News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 594,992 )

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #960 on: February 06, 2012, 08:56:02 AM »
Quote from: CBStew on February 06, 2012, 08:35:50 AM
Is it just me, or did both of these teams suck?

The salary cap has destroyed the NFL.  There really are no great teams left.  Decent teams with a few good players, yes.  But great teams are a thing of the past.  The last two title winners were 9-7 and 10-6 and didn't play a home game in the playoffs.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #961 on: February 06, 2012, 09:07:46 AM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on February 06, 2012, 08:56:02 AM

The salary cap has destroyed the NFL.  There really are no great teams left.  Decent teams with a few good players, yes.  But great teams are a thing of the past.  The last two title winners were 9-7 and 10-6 and didn't play a home game in the playoffs.

And yet the Patriots, while they were the losing team, were playing in their fifth Superbowl of the decade, the Steelers have won 2 of 3 within the last seven years, the Colts have appeared in two superbowls and went to the playoffs 9 out of the last 11 years, and Green Bay by nearly every statistical metric was the best team in the NFL last year with a low win total that was clearly an aberration possibly influenced by the 16 players they had on IR. But yeah, there are no great teams left.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #962 on: February 06, 2012, 09:11:24 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 06, 2012, 09:07:46 AM

And yet the Patriots, while they were the losing team, were playing in their fifth Superbowl of the decade, the Steelers have won 2 of 3 within the last seven years, the Colts have appeared in two superbowls and went to the playoffs 9 out of the last 11 years, and Green Bay by nearly every statistical metric was the best team in the NFL last year with a low win total that was clearly an aberration possibly influenced by the 16 players they had on IR. But yeah, there are no great teams left.

This is why you are who you are, kid.  "Destroyed"? FYC.

Also, I didn't mean to derail the thread into a SB thread.  I just wanted to admit that I really have a schadenboner over Welker's drop.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #963 on: February 06, 2012, 09:34:12 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on February 06, 2012, 09:11:24 AM

Also, I didn't mean to derail the thread into a SB thread.  I just wanted to admit that I really have a schadenboner over Welker's drop.
I won't disagree with the supposition that the NFL has greater parity now than in the past, but having enviously watched as teams like Green Bay and New England and Indianapolis (the eventual Fall of the Manning Empire aside) built consistently great franchises, it's hard to agree that the NFL is some kind of anarchist commune.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

BH

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #964 on: February 06, 2012, 09:38:34 AM »

SKO destroyed you, but why is a highly competitive league a bad thing in your eyes?

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #965 on: February 06, 2012, 09:43:22 AM »
Quote from: BH on February 06, 2012, 09:38:34 AM

SKO destroyed you, but why is a highly competitive league a bad thing in your eyes?

Bort

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #966 on: February 06, 2012, 11:00:33 AM »
Quote from: SKO on February 06, 2012, 09:34:12 AM

I won't disagree with the supposition that the NFL has greater parity now than in the past, but having enviously watched as teams like Green Bay and New England and Indianapolis (the eventual Fall of the Manning Empire aside) built consistently great franchises, it's hard to agree that the NFL is some kind of anarchist commune.

Whoa dude. Anarchist communes wouldn't have caps. That's Marxism.
"Javier Baez is the stupidest player in Cubs history next to Michael Barrett." Internet Chuck

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #967 on: February 06, 2012, 11:45:53 AM »
Quote from: Bort on February 06, 2012, 11:00:33 AM
Quote from: SKO on February 06, 2012, 09:34:12 AM

Whoa dude. Anarchist communes wouldn't have caps. That's Marxism.

It's hard to tell the difference when you're all just mixed up goop I'm scraping off of my jackboot.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #968 on: February 06, 2012, 11:46:45 AM »

What the NFL needs is to take a page out of college football. The Super Bowl should be only in New Orleans, Miami, Glendale or Pasadena, on a rotating basis. So, maybe this year, New England vs. Green Bay in the Super Bowl.

Baltimore vs. New Orleans in the Sugar Bowl

Houston vs. Detroit in the Citrus Bowl

San Francisco vs. Denver in the Cotton Bowl

Pittsburgh vs. New York in the Fiesta Bowl

Atlanta vs. Cincinnati in the Gator Bowl

Jets vs. Cowboys in the Tickets.com Bowl

Chargers vs. Eagles in the Insight.com Bowl

Titans vs. Bears in the Music City Bowl

Oakland vs. Arizona in the Humanitarian Bowl

It sucks that a good, but not dominating, team could win games on the field instead of let the same type of people that gave us Alabama-LSU II decide the champ for us.

Oh, and by the way, New York played a home playoff game.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #969 on: February 06, 2012, 11:50:34 AM »
Quote from: Brownie on February 06, 2012, 11:46:45 AM

What the NFL needs is to take a page out of college football. The Super Bowl should be only in New Orleans, Miami, Glendale or Pasadena, on a rotating basis. So, maybe this year, New England vs. Green Bay in the Super Bowl.

Baltimore vs. New Orleans in the Sugar Bowl

Houston vs. Detroit in the Citrus Bowl

San Francisco vs. Denver in the Cotton Bowl

Pittsburgh vs. New York in the Fiesta Bowl

Atlanta vs. Cincinnati in the Gator Bowl

Jets vs. Cowboys in the Tickets.com Bowl

Chargers vs. Eagles in the Insight.com Bowl

Titans vs. Bears in the Music City Bowl

Oakland vs. Arizona in the Humanitarian Bowl

It sucks that a good, but not dominating, team could win games on the field instead of let the same type of people that gave us Alabama-LSU II decide the champ for us.

Oh, and by the way, New York played a home playoff game.

This is the best thing ever.

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #970 on: February 06, 2012, 01:01:56 PM »
Even though it's major threadjack, I enjoy the Chuck pile on that's going on here.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #971 on: February 06, 2012, 01:35:05 PM »

This is why Mercury Morris couldn't drink champagne until December 18.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #972 on: February 07, 2012, 10:33:15 AM »
I used to think as Chuck does when I saw teams like Arizona playing in and almost winning a Super Bowl. Then I started to realize that if they eliminated the salary cap and allowed the teams to outspend each other, the McCaskey's would probably lag behind enough to deny the Bears their full competitive advantage. So I got really depressed. And then Bruce Springstien slid around the stage at halftime in skinny jeans.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #973 on: February 07, 2012, 10:38:27 AM »
I suppose I'll be the guy to say, "I hate the Wild Card." Why should the St. Louis Cardinals or their fans even exist at all earn an opportunity to play the Brewers again after being unable to prove their supremacy to them all season long? Division Champions at least win the battles within their own division, so I have no problem with the Giants going 9-7 playing few common opponents as the Packers and then beating them in a playoff game. Hell, the Bears proved they were the best team in the NFC North last year. Why should anyone from that division have the opportunity to play them?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #974 on: February 07, 2012, 10:44:38 AM »
Back to this thread's original intent...

... I thought I'd heard that John Cougar Mellencamp had died last week and I got pissed because I just knew that I'd have to hear even MORE of that turd's music as people inexplicably mourned his passing. Then I realized it was his mother who had passed away and I felt sort of relieved that the Mellencamp onslaught on my eardrums likely wasn't forthcoming. But then I got kind of asshurt again because I thought the possibility existed that he might get really emotional and write another song or make an album dedicated to her and that... skinny jeans, Super Bowls.... fucking die already.

The moral of the story is that there are things in this world that I know in my heart to be truly awful, awful, yet millions of dipshits find to be quite enjoyable. So I'll never win as long as I continue to give a shit.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.