News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 593,680 )

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #1080 on: March 05, 2012, 04:37:43 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 05, 2012, 04:36:12 PM
Quote from: Fork on March 05, 2012, 03:52:11 PM
Quote from: Tonker on March 05, 2012, 03:51:29 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 05, 2012, 03:48:33 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 05, 2012, 03:45:49 PM
Quote from: BH on March 05, 2012, 03:45:10 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 05, 2012, 03:42:56 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 05, 2012, 02:51:26 PM
Quote from: PANK! on March 05, 2012, 02:45:09 PM
Seriously.  As some of you know, my taste in beer defines pedestrian.  I like cold beer of any variety, the cheeper the better etc. and do not possess a discriminating beer palate like some common PenFoe.

There are only two beers that I cannot drink, however.  One is Old Milwaukee.  The other is Heineken.  That shit is the foulest smelling/tasting beverage to ever garner TV time.  I've never understood its popularity. 

1. I believe its drinkers presume that with it, they possess some kind of air of class and/or sophistication that they otherwise do not possess.
2. Green bottles...everyone likes green bottles, especially one that is easy to hold like Heineken.

That said, I remain a Stella man through and through.

Pedestrian as dick.

I've never heard someone boastfully declare themselves a stella drinker before.

Cue "Least Interesting Man In The World" Meme.

I'm pretty boring.  That said, I also enjoy Newcastle.

Fix'd.  Newcastle is cutting edge, now?

Ask Slaky what he'd do for Newcastle.

I think I've been posting on this board for 24 years so, yeah, my tastes have changed a little.

Don't disillusion me on Pinot Noir.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1081 on: March 05, 2012, 06:14:40 PM »
Quote from: Wheezer on March 05, 2012, 04:12:22 PM
Seriously.  As some of you know, my taste in beer defines pedestrian.  I like cold beer of any variety, the cheeper the better etc. and do not possess a discriminating beer palate like some common PenFoe.

There are only two beers that I cannot drink, however.  One is Old Milwaukee.  The other is Heineken.  That shit is the foulest smelling/tasting beverage to ever garner TV time.  I've never understood its popularity. 

1. I believe its drinkers presume that with it, they possess some kind of air of class and/or sophistication that they otherwise do not possess.
2. Green bottles...everyone likes green bottles, especially one that is easy to hold like Heineken.

I reject green bottles out of hand.

I feel the same way. You can toss clear bottles in there, as well.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1082 on: March 05, 2012, 06:20:01 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on March 05, 2012, 06:14:40 PM

Actually, I should qualify this. I will accept green bottles in the case of Ballantine Ale by virtue of the rebuses under the caps. That's it.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1083 on: March 05, 2012, 06:28:07 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on March 05, 2012, 04:12:48 PM
Quote from: Gilgamesh on March 05, 2012, 04:02:24 PM
Quote from: Internet Apex on March 05, 2012, 03:55:13 PM
Quote from: Tonker on March 05, 2012, 03:53:21 PM
Seriously.  As some of you know, my taste in beer defines pedestrian.  I like cold beer of any variety, the cheeper the better etc. and do not possess a discriminating beer palate like some common PenFoe.

There are only two beers that I cannot drink, however.  One is Old Milwaukee.  The other is Heineken.  That shit is the foulest smelling/tasting beverage to ever garner TV time.  I've never understood its popularity.  

Pedestrian as dick.

I'm pretty boring.  That said, I also enjoy Newcastle.

I'm not saying it's bad beer, but it's not exactly avant fucking garde, is it?

I'd consider it a nice gateway drug into beers that don't emanate from rhinoceros hangdown.

Ok, let me modify the debate.

If a friend were to come over to your domicile, which beers in your fridge would you be the least hesitant about giving away and which would you protect like a crazed homeless man?

Maybe I'm the wrong person to answer this question, but I'd be much more inclined to give my friend the best beer I had because he or she is my friend and I'd want them to enjoy the best beer.

They sell beer at all kinds of places now, so I don't think there's any I'd "protect like a crazed homeless person."

Other than potentially having some extremely rare beer, I couldn't possibly envision this scenario.

Taking that a step further, I have a Canadian Breakfast Stout tucked away in my cabinet. I haven't figured out when I'm going to drink it yet. But when I do, I wouldn't be too butthurt to pour half of it into the glass of a willing pal.

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1084 on: March 05, 2012, 06:47:41 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 05, 2012, 06:28:07 PM
Seriously.  As some of you know, my taste in beer defines pedestrian.  I like cold beer of any variety, the cheeper the better etc. and do not possess a discriminating beer palate like some common PenFoe.

There are only two beers that I cannot drink, however.  One is Old Milwaukee.  The other is Heineken.  That shit is the foulest smelling/tasting beverage to ever garner TV time.  I've never understood its popularity.  

Pedestrian as dick.

I'd consider it a nice gateway drug into beers that don't emanate from rhinoceros hangdown.

If a friend were to come over to your domicile, which beers in your fridge would you be the least hesitant about giving away and which would you protect like a crazed homeless man?

Maybe I'm the wrong person to answer this question, but I'd be much more inclined to give my friend the best beer I had because he or she is my friend and I'd want them to enjoy the best beer.

They sell beer at all kinds of places now, so I don't think there's any I'd "protect like a crazed homeless person."

Other than potentially having some extremely rare beer, I couldn't possibly envision this scenario.

Taking that a step further, I have a Canadian Breakfast Stout tucked away in my cabinet. I haven't figured out when I'm going to drink it yet. But when I do, I wouldn't be too butthurt to pour half of it into the glass of a willing pal.

Guests get the pick of the litter. This is a fundamental principle of hospitality.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1085 on: March 06, 2012, 05:23:21 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 05, 2012, 06:28:07 PM

Pedestrian as dick.

Slak, it tells you when to drink it, right there on the bottle.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1086 on: March 06, 2012, 05:32:03 AM »
Quote from: Slaky on March 05, 2012, 04:37:27 PM
Quote from: Tonker on March 05, 2012, 04:08:49 PM
In my fridge right now (I checked), I have the following:

Grimbergen Optimo Bruno
Rochefort 8
Chimay Bleu
Westmalle Tripel
Achel 8
Orval
Westmalle Dubbel
Leffe Bruin
Brand Pilsener

So the answer to your question is "all of the above".  Or "none of the above", depending on which way you look at it.

You ever get any Mort Subite up there? I hear it's delicious. Finally starting to see it on tap here.

I have about 12 Zombie Dusts in my fridge. I urge you all to try it. Not from my fridge, though.

I can honestly say that I've never even heard of Mort Subite, and as far as I can see, it's not really available here in NL, either.  If you've heard good things about it I'll keep an eye out, though.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1087 on: March 06, 2012, 08:35:00 AM »
Quote from: Tonker on March 06, 2012, 05:32:03 AM
Quote from: Slaky on March 05, 2012, 04:37:27 PM
Quote from: Tonker on March 05, 2012, 04:08:49 PM
In my fridge right now (I checked), I have the following:

Grimbergen Optimo Bruno
Rochefort 8
Chimay Bleu
Westmalle Tripel
Achel 8
Orval
Westmalle Dubbel
Leffe Bruin
Brand Pilsener

So the answer to your question is "all of the above".  Or "none of the above", depending on which way you look at it.

You ever get any Mort Subite up there? I hear it's delicious. Finally starting to see it on tap here.

I have about 12 Zombie Dusts in my fridge. I urge you all to try it. Not from my fridge, though.

I can honestly say that I've never even heard of Mort Subite, and as far as I can see, it's not really available here in NL, either.  If you've heard good things about it I'll keep an eye out, though.

It's a Belgian - I have a friend who went to Brussels and is now obsessed with an odd number of their beers. Krieks and sours.

Damn, I love a good sour.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1088 on: March 06, 2012, 10:05:28 AM »

Absolutely agree on this too.

Beck's
Heineken
Rolling Rock
Corona
Molson

I don't know if they suck because they're in a green/clear bottle or they're in a green/clear bottle because they suck, but I don't really care to find out. 

Newcastle, which I never drink but don't object to, is the only even semi-deviation from this rule that I can think of (though I'm sure that there are others.)
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

ChuckD

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1089 on: March 06, 2012, 08:32:29 PM »
Quote from: PenPho on March 06, 2012, 10:05:28 AM

Beck's
Heineken
Rolling Rock
Corona
Molson

I don't know if they suck because they're in a green/clear bottle or they're in a green/clear bottle because they suck, but I don't really care to find out. 

Newcastle, which I never drink but don't object to, is the only even semi-deviation from this rule that I can think of (though I'm sure that there are others.)

Green/Clear bottles allow more light to pass through than do darker/brown bottles. Sunlight (I think just UV radiation, generally) breaks down beer and causes it to go skunky.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1090 on: March 06, 2012, 08:59:41 PM »
Quote from: ChuckD on March 06, 2012, 08:32:29 PM

Beck's
Heineken
Rolling Rock
Corona
Molson

Green/Clear bottles allow more light to pass through than do darker/brown bottles. Sunlight (I think just UV radiation, generally) breaks down beer and causes it to go skunky.

Google tells me 350-520 nm. So from UVA to green.

Which means even your precious Bud Light Platinum bottles may not be helping much.

Then again, a high class brewer like A-B no doubt uses fancy chemically-altered skunk-resistant hops in such a top shelf product. So chug with confidence.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1091 on: March 06, 2012, 10:09:47 PM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on March 06, 2012, 08:59:41 PM

Beck's
Heineken
Rolling Rock
Corona
Molson

Which means even your precious Bud Light Platinum bottles may not be helping much.

Then again, a high class brewer like A-B no doubt uses fancy chemically-altered skunk-resistant hops in such a top shelf product. So chug with confidence.

This is why I don't have a window in my second fridge.

PenPho

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1092 on: March 07, 2012, 11:11:46 AM »
Quote from: CT III on March 06, 2012, 10:09:47 PM

Beck's
Heineken
Rolling Rock
Corona
Molson

Green cans, on the other hand? 

Interesting.
"I use exit numbers because they tell me how many miles are left since they're based off of the molested"

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1093 on: March 07, 2012, 08:31:27 PM »
Quote from: CT III on March 06, 2012, 10:09:47 PM

Beck's
Heineken
Rolling Rock
Corona
Molson

Something Yeti where'd-you-get-it something something.

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1094 on: March 09, 2012, 09:04:40 AM »

Intrepid Reader: Karl Welzein

BL Nums are perfect for any bold flavor celebraish.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16