News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 592,958 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #1335 on: August 01, 2012, 04:46:12 AM »
Quote from: Eli on July 31, 2012, 10:00:57 PM
Quote from: CT III on July 31, 2012, 08:36:27 PM
...Huey was right.

I'm looking forward to Huey's reaction when Dempster signs in the offseason at a discounted 2/18, retires as a Cub and then replaces Brenly in the broadcast booth.

Thank god he revealed himself to be such a turd in the end that there's approximately zero chance of this happening.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Quality Start Machine

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1336 on: August 01, 2012, 08:06:54 AM »
Quote from: Tollbooth Yeti on July 31, 2012, 09:36:19 PM
.... I want to see this no no to laugh at Yellon for cheering it on

When the Cubs eventually do get no-hit, I'm hoping it's Delgado, just to rekindle all that delicious Dempster hate that may have died down by then.
TIME TO POST!

"...their lead is no longer even remotely close to insurmountable " - SKO, 7/31/16

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1337 on: August 01, 2012, 08:42:55 AM »
Quote from: Fork on August 01, 2012, 08:06:54 AM

When the Cubs eventually do get no-hit, I'm hoping it's Delgado, just to rekindle all that delicious Dempster hate that may have died down by then remind the Desipio sheeple how silly they were to join ranks with the asshat portion of the Cub fanbase in ill-advisedly throwing their weight behind TEAM DEMPSTER.

Careful what you wish for'd.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1338 on: August 01, 2012, 08:55:51 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 01, 2012, 08:42:55 AM
Quote from: Fork on August 01, 2012, 08:06:54 AM

When the Cubs eventually do get no-hit, I'm hoping it's Delgado, just to rekindle all that delicious Dempster hate that may have died down by then remind the Desipio sheeple how silly they were to join ranks with the asshat portion of the Cub fanbase in ill-advisedly throwing their weight behind TEAM DEMPSTER.

Careful what you wish for'd.

For the record, I think most of the people here on Team Dempster generally threw their weight behind him because he's a good pitcher. Not because we loved his impressions.

I'll add/admit that I'm feeling vindictive now and I'm hoping he spends the rest of the summer getting battered around by the AL in one of baseball's best hitter's parks.*

* to destroy his free agent value so he'll have to sign in Chicago at that discounted rate and drive you crazy.

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1339 on: August 01, 2012, 09:00:59 AM »
Quote from: Eli on August 01, 2012, 08:55:51 AM

For the record, I think most of the people here on Team Dempster generally threw their weight behind him because he's a good pitcher. Not because we loved his impressions.

STRAWMAN ALERT!

I never disputed that he was a quality pitcher, just that this asshattery far outweighed it.  I mean he wasn't that good.

I'll add/admit that I'm feeling vindictive now and I'm hoping he spends the rest of the summer getting battered around by the AL in one of baseball's best hitter's parks.*

* to destroy his free agent value so he'll have to sign in Chicago at that discounted rate and drive you crazy.

I hadn't realized how much of a role spite played in sabermetrics these days.  Bill James defending child rape really has changed things, hasn't it?

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1340 on: August 01, 2012, 09:10:34 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 31, 2012, 03:04:47 PM
Quote from: R-V on July 31, 2012, 02:39:38 PM
Quote from: PenPho on July 31, 2012, 01:55:41 PM
Quote from: R-V on July 31, 2012, 01:31:05 PM
...I have no idea what trolldempster means or who started it.

...or any idea how to use the search function on Twitter.

Showing me people using the hashtag doesn't tell me what it means, PenFail.

But don't you see? It's on Twitter.

And clearly this is new information to you.

I still don't get why Dempster is a troll. Is he an internet contrarian? Does he live under a bridge?

Tinker to Evers to Chance

• F@#$in' New Guy
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1341 on: August 01, 2012, 09:12:38 AM »
Quote from: R-V on August 01, 2012, 09:10:34 AM
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on July 31, 2012, 03:04:47 PM
Quote from: R-V on July 31, 2012, 02:39:38 PM
Quote from: PenPho on July 31, 2012, 01:55:41 PM
Quote from: R-V on July 31, 2012, 01:31:05 PM
...I have no idea what trolldempster means or who started it.

...or any idea how to use the search function on Twitter.

Showing me people using the hashtag doesn't tell me what it means, PenFail.

But don't you see? It's on Twitter.

And clearly this is new information to you.

I still don't get why Dempster is a troll. Is he an internet contrarian? Does he live under a bridge?

He's been compared favorably to a young Søren Kierkegaard.
Validated by Thrillho - Vicinity WG543441 on or about 102345AUG08

I don't get this KurtEvans photoshop at all.

J. Walter Weatherman

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1342 on: August 01, 2012, 09:12:48 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on August 01, 2012, 09:00:59 AM

STRAWMAN ALERT!

I never disputed that he was a quality pitcher, just that this asshattery far outweighed it.  I mean he wasn't that good.

Oh, for the love of Christ...

Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 18, 2012, 12:43:37 PM
In the shoutbox, Huey asks "when have I ever pretended that Dempster is a technically BAD pitcher?"

Quote from: PANK! on March 29, 2012, 05:28:28 PM
... this unicycle pedalling paragon to Northside asshattery has managed to pitch the Cubs out of the playoffs in two seperate seasons because he's had a whopping three  really good regular seasons.

Yay? 

*rolls eyes*

Fuck him.

Quote from: PANK! on March 30, 2012, 08:54:22 AM
... for chrissakes throw the goddamn ball over the plate when we really need you to.  Pretty fucking please?  And if he won't, can he at least just leave town and relieve us of our suffering (Except for Eli, Slaky, Yeti and Tonker, who are totally gay for Dempster)?

Quote from: PANK! on March 30, 2012, 08:57:12 AM
Really, my point is that Opening Day--though as meaningless as the other 161 games in a 95 loss season-- is still considered a "Big Game" and that motherfucker did the exact same thing he did against the Dodgers four years earlier.  Jesus--where' the hate?!?!

What really matters is that it doesn't matter that Dempster is an above-average pitcher. Huey's willing to stipulate as much.

He's still a pants-shitting shitty pitcher those times he pitches shitty, though.
Loor and I came acrossks like opatoets.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1343 on: August 01, 2012, 09:14:14 AM »

STRAWMAN ALERT!

I hadn't realized how much of a role spite played in sabermetrics these days.  Bill James defending child rape really has changed things, hasn't it?

Huey has always feared a dystopian future in which the human brainpan can accomodate both rational analysis and irrational dislike.

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1344 on: August 01, 2012, 09:15:45 AM »
Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on August 01, 2012, 09:12:48 AM

STRAWMAN ALERT!

Oh, for the love of Christ...

Quote from: J. Walter Weatherman on April 18, 2012, 12:43:37 PM
In the shoutbox, Huey asks "when have I ever pretended that Dempster is a technically BAD pitcher?"

Quote from: PANK! on March 29, 2012, 05:28:28 PM
... this unicycle pedalling paragon to Northside asshattery has managed to pitch the Cubs out of the playoffs in two seperate seasons because he's had a whopping three  really good regular seasons.

Yay? 

*rolls eyes*

Fuck him.

Quote from: PANK! on March 30, 2012, 08:54:22 AM
... for chrissakes throw the goddamn ball over the plate when we really need you to.  Pretty fucking please?  And if he won't, can he at least just leave town and relieve us of our suffering (Except for Eli, Slaky, Yeti and Tonker, who are totally gay for Dempster)?

Quote from: PANK! on March 30, 2012, 08:57:12 AM
Really, my point is that Opening Day--though as meaningless as the other 161 games in a 95 loss season-- is still considered a "Big Game" and that motherfucker did the exact same thing he did against the Dodgers four years earlier.  Jesus--where' the hate?!?!

What really matters is that it doesn't matter that Dempster is an above-average pitcher. Huey's willing to stipulate as much.

He's still a pants-shitting shitty pitcher those times he pitches shitty, though.

TROLLHUEYPANK!

Insert Mort photoshop here.
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1345 on: August 01, 2012, 09:18:58 AM »

STRAWMAN ALERT!

Well, he was worth around 3.8 wins per season while he was a starter. So, yea, he was very good. And if he costs less than $10 mil over the next couple years, its worth taking the shot... So, baseball-wise, it makes sense.

After that, then it's "This will be fun as hell to watch the 'NonMeatball' squirm as he posts a 125 ERA+"

Brownie

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1346 on: August 01, 2012, 10:06:23 AM »
DAT DEMPSTER GUY IS NOT A WINNER. WHEN HE GOT TO DA MARLINS, DEY WERE DEFENDING WORLD CHAMPS, MY FRENT. ADD HIM TO THE ROSTER, THEY LOSE 100 GAMES THE NEXT YEAR. HE GETS TRADED OFF FLORIDA AND GOZE TO CINCY AND THE NEXT YEAR DA MARLINS WIN DA WORLD SERIOUS.

HE GOZE TO DA CUBS IN 2004 AFTER DA CUBS SHOULD OF WON DA SERIES AND LOOK AT WHAT HAPPENED. LOOOOZER!

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1347 on: August 01, 2012, 11:49:08 AM »
My meatball contribution...
Dempster has some talent.  He never was a star.  He thought that he was funny, but what was really entertaining was the fact that he believed it in spite of all of the evidence to the contrary.  His real contribution was that he was one of a long line of characters who make following baseball interesting.  At one time baseball was a platform for the kind of extra-curricular activites that made following it more interesting than statistics and won/loss records.  Without some personalities on a team, whether or not they are schmucks, baseball might be as much fun or as interesting as having a bowl of Cream of Wheat for dinner.  So give me the Dempsters, Lincecums and the Pierzynskis and I will give you a reason to go to the ballpark or open the sports pages.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1348 on: August 01, 2012, 12:05:41 PM »
Quote from: CBStew on August 01, 2012, 11:49:08 AM
Dempster has some talent.  He never was a star.  He thought that he was funny, but what was really entertaining was the fact that he believed it in spite of all of the evidence to the contrary.  His real contribution was that he was one of a long line of characters who make following baseball interesting.  At one time baseball was a platform for the kind of extra-curricular activites that made following it more interesting than statistics and won/loss records.  Without some personalities on a team, whether or not they are schmucks, baseball might be as much fun or as interesting as having a bowl of Cream of Wheat for dinner.  So give me the Dempsters, Lincecums and the Pierzynskis and I will give you a reason to go to the ballpark or open the sports pages.

Stew has a point, here.  Even when we're hatin', we're really lovin'.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1349 on: August 01, 2012, 12:28:55 PM »
Quote from: Tonker on August 01, 2012, 12:05:41 PM
Quote from: CBStew on August 01, 2012, 11:49:08 AM

Stew has a point, here.  Even when we're hatin', we're really lovin'.

Hatin', like lovin', is passion. The opposite of lovin' and hatin' is indifferencin'.

DIANE: Everyone knows hate is not the opposite of love, indifference is.
SAM: Well, whatever you say, I really don't care.