News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 594,939 )

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #1875 on: May 06, 2013, 09:25:14 PM »
Quote from: Bort on May 06, 2013, 09:05:28 PM
Quote from: PANK! on May 06, 2013, 08:52:53 PM
Quote from: Wheezer on May 06, 2013, 08:50:51 PM
... I hadn't the slightest notion that Tennessee Williams was gay.

GTFO, Wheezer.

I knew he was gay before I knew ANYTHING else about him. Like, what he actually did for a living.

Yeah, I first heard about him when I was in 5th grade and he died from choking on a pen cap--which gave my teacher an opportunity to present it as a cautionary tale for those of us who chewed on our pens and pencaps. His gayness was openly discussed in the remberances of him, making him one of the first people about whom  I learned was gay--long before I read or saw any of his plays.  That's quite a BC-sized blind spot that Wheezer inexplicably had.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

flannj

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1876 on: May 06, 2013, 10:16:55 PM »
Quote from: PANK! on May 06, 2013, 09:25:14 PM

GTFO, Wheezer.

I knew he was gay before I knew ANYTHING else about him. Like, what he actually did for a living.

Yeah, I first heard about him when I was in 5th grade and he died from choking on a pen cap--which gave my teacher an opportunity to present it as a cautionary tale for those of us who chewed on our pens and pencaps. His gayness was openly discussed in the remberances of him, making him one of the first people about whom  I learned was gay--long before I read or saw any of his plays.  That's quite a BC-sized blind spot that Wheezer inexplicably had.

"Oscar Wilde can only wish he was this gay"
"Not throwing my hands up or my dress above my ears don't mean I ain't awestruck." -- Al Swearengen

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1877 on: May 07, 2013, 11:05:27 AM »

GTFO, Wheezer.

Yeah, I first heard about him when I was in 5th grade and he died from choking on a pen cap--which gave my teacher an opportunity to present it as a cautionary tale for those of us who chewed on our pens and pencaps. His gayness was openly discussed in the remberances of him, making him one of the first people about whom  I learned was gay--long before I read or saw any of his plays.  That's quite a BC-sized blind spot that Wheezer inexplicably had.

Quote from: wikipedia
On February 25, 1983, Williams was found dead in his suite at the Elysee Hotel in New York at age 71. The medical examiner's report indicated that he choked to death on the cap from a bottle of eye drops he frequently used, further indicating that his use of drugs and alcohol may have contributed to his death by suppressing his gag reflex. Prescription drugs, including barbiturates, were found in the room. Some people have questioned the official account of Williams's death. Forensic detective and expert Michael Baden reviewed the medical files in regard to Williams's death, and stated that the results showed that Williams died of a drug and alcohol overdose, not from choking.[13] Williams's friend, playwright Larry Myers, said that the autopsy report was later modified to state that Williams actually died of acute seconal intolerance, and his friend Scott Kenan said that someone in the coroner's office invented the bottle cap scenario in the first place.[14][15]
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

CT III

• Administrator
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1878 on: May 07, 2013, 12:01:38 PM »
Quote from: PenFoe on May 07, 2013, 11:05:27 AM

GTFO, Wheezer.

On February 25, 1983, Williams was found dead in his suite at the Elysee Hotel in New York at age 71. The medical examiner's report indicated that he choked to death on the cap from a bottle of eye drops he frequently used, further indicating that his use of drugs and alcohol may have contributed to his death by suppressing his gag reflex. Prescription drugs, including barbiturates, were found in the room. Some people have questioned the official account of Williams's death. Forensic detective and expert Michael Baden reviewed the medical files in regard to Williams's death, and stated that the results showed that Williams died of a drug and alcohol overdose, not from choking.[13] Williams's friend, playwright Larry Myers, said that the autopsy report was later modified to state that Williams actually died of acute seconal intolerance, and his friend Scott Kenan said that someone in the coroner's office invented the bottle cap scenario in the first place.[14][15]

Bah.  He choked to death on Jim Thompson's massive dong and nothing you can say will convince me otherwise.

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1879 on: May 07, 2013, 12:39:28 PM »
Quote from: CT III on May 07, 2013, 12:01:38 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on May 07, 2013, 11:05:27 AM

GTFO, Wheezer.

Bah.  He choked to death on Jim Thompson's massive dong and nothing you can say will convince me otherwise.

If only he and Mama Cass had shared that last massive dong.
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Shooter

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1880 on: May 07, 2013, 07:06:17 PM »

GTFO, Wheezer.

The whole remberances?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1881 on: May 07, 2013, 07:43:03 PM »
Quote from: Shooter on May 07, 2013, 07:06:17 PM

GTFO, Wheezer.

The whole remberances?

Damn you, Shooter.  I actually spotted that earlier and thought it might escape unnoticed.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

Wheezer

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1882 on: May 09, 2013, 09:44:27 PM »
... As I suspect ever more strongly that my time is short, I shall indulge the worst of the deadly sins: I made a small dent today.
"The brain growth deficit controls reality hence [G-d] rules the world.... These mathematical results by the way, are all experimentally confirmed to 2-decimal point accuracy by modern Psychometry data."--George Hammond, Gμν!!

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1883 on: May 16, 2013, 09:14:59 AM »
... I have enjoyed the discussion of Cubes baseball that has taken place as of late.

(I would have posted in the sincerity thread, but it looks like it was since purged)

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1884 on: May 21, 2013, 11:31:54 AM »
I kind of like the White Sox radio broadcast.

Slaky

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1885 on: May 21, 2013, 11:35:27 AM »
Quote from: Tony on May 21, 2013, 11:31:54 AM

Holy shit are you fucking high?

Internet Apex

• SSM's Resident Octagonacologist
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1886 on: May 21, 2013, 12:06:30 PM »
Quote from: Slaky on May 21, 2013, 11:35:27 AM

Darrin Jackson is the second worst only to Hawk. The other dude, I don't have an opinion about.
The 37th Tenet of Pexism:  Apestink is terrible.

Tony

• Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #1887 on: May 21, 2013, 12:24:53 PM »
Quote from: Internet Apex on May 21, 2013, 12:06:30 PM
Quote from: Slaky on May 21, 2013, 11:35:27 AM

Darrin Jackson is the second worst only to Hawk. The other dude, I don't have an opinion about.

It's the "not have an opinion about" part that I kind of like. It's so generic that it sounds like any old baseball game. Unlike their TV broadcast that is so annoying that I can't stand it even for a few minutes when I would like to watch their opponent. I wanted to watch the Angels and Trout a couple weeks ago but couldn't deal with Hawk.

I have this little radio that is always on either the Score, Espn, or WGN. Sometimes I turn it on and the Sox are on because it was left on the Score and I just leave it for a while because it's baseball.

Chuck to Chuck

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1888 on: May 21, 2013, 12:45:18 PM »
Quote from: Tony on May 21, 2013, 12:24:53 PM
It's so generic that it sounds like any old baseball game.

No it doesn't. It sounds like two old guys who don't like each other pretending they are having a conversation while there may be some sort of sporting event going on in the background.  All in monotone.

Farmer: "I was having dinner last night a steak and a glass of Compari there's a high drive to deep left field home run number 16 for Konerko Sox now within one in with two outs in the ninth and the waitress brought me a lamb chop that was undercooked I complained that I ordered a steak that's strike three on Dunn and this ball game has come to an end."

Jackson: "What?"

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #1889 on: May 21, 2013, 01:33:20 PM »
Quote from: Chuck to Chuck on May 21, 2013, 12:45:18 PM
Quote from: Tony on May 21, 2013, 12:24:53 PM
It's so generic that it sounds like any old baseball game.

No it doesn't. It sounds like two old guys who don't like each other pretending they are having a conversation while there may be some sort of sporting event going on in the background.  All in monotone.

Farmer: "I was having dinner last night a steak and a glass of Compari there's a high drive to deep left field home run number 16 for Konerko Sox now within one in with two outs in the ninth and the waitress brought me a lamb chop that was undercooked I complained that I ordered a steak that's strike three on Dunn and this ball game has come to an end."

Jackson: "What?"

This is a transcript, not a bit.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?