News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 594,253 )

Tonker

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #2400 on: April 07, 2015, 04:52:53 PM »
Quote from: Oleg on April 07, 2015, 03:18:31 PM
Quote from: Eli on April 07, 2015, 03:16:19 PM
Quote from: SKO on April 07, 2015, 03:09:33 PM
Quote from: Oleg on April 07, 2015, 03:04:32 PM
Quote from: SKO on April 07, 2015, 03:01:47 PM
Quote from: Eli on April 07, 2015, 02:57:21 PM
Quote from: SKO on April 07, 2015, 02:48:37 PM
Yes, let's hope Pen never actually gets how player comps work, because this is amusing

Guy: I think Bryant will be the best Cubs' third baseman since Santo, for sure.
Pen: What kind of asshole openly wishes for someone's legs to get amputated?

Guy: Soler reminds me a lot of Roberto Clemente

Pen: *tackles Soler before he can board his next flight*

Guy: That Addison Russell has a lot of Ryne Sandberg in him.
Pen: *Fucks Russell's future wife*

Did I do that right?

Actually had an old guy pull out Ken Hubbs on me a few weeks back when I was talking about the Cubs prospects. "He won ROTY and then he died in a plane crash. Can't put all your eggs into the prospect basket."

Because I guess plane crashes are just a thing Theo should factor into his five year plan.

And only RsOTY can die in plane crashes.

Marshall should have totally had a backup football team on standby.

WE ARE ALSO MARSHALL!
Your toilet's broken, Dave, but I fixed it.

Saul Goodman

• Not NOT Sterling
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2401 on: April 07, 2015, 05:51:27 PM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 07, 2015, 02:40:02 PM
Quote from: Eli on April 07, 2015, 02:33:50 PM
Quote from: PenFoe on April 07, 2015, 02:25:47 PM
I just spent 15 minutes online looking to see if I could find out what number Kris' dad Mike wore when he played in the Red Sox system or in college.

I've got baseball cards and team pictures, but none that show the number.

I admit I've lost my mind.

I say either No. 8 or 25, since that's what Troy Glaus wore for most of his career.

He wore #23 at the University of San Diego, then #17 and #19 in the minors. We all know he probably won't wear #23; #17 is taken by the first base coach I think and #19 is Jonathan Harrera.

I'm pulling for #17 since that's my favorite jersey number; I wore it when I was a kid because of Mark Grace and having Bryant take it from faceless nameless first base coach would be ideal. You know, for me again. It's all about me.

Numbers 1-40 not assigned to active players or retired:
1 (Jones)
2 (Mallee)
4 (Martinez)
9 (Baez AAA)
12 (pending retirement, FYC)
15 (Denorfia DL)
17 (Hyde)
18 (Wada DL)
21 (Lake AAA)
22 (RIP Doubront)
25 (Bosio)
29 (RIP Samardzija)
32 (Beeler DL)
35 (Strode)
38 (Turner DL)

Place your bets now.
You two wanna go stick your wangs in a hornet's nest, it's a free country.  But how come I always gotta get sloppy seconds, huh?

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2402 on: April 07, 2015, 07:36:02 PM »
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 07, 2015, 05:51:27 PM
I just spent 15 minutes online looking to see if I could find out what number Kris' dad Mike wore when he played in the Red Sox system or in college.

I say either No. 8 or 25, since that's what Troy Glaus wore for most of his career.

He wore #23 at the University of San Diego, then #17 and #19 in the minors. We all know he probably won't wear #23; #17 is taken by the first base coach I think and #19 is Jonathan Harrera.

I'm pulling for #17 since that's my favorite jersey number; I wore it when I was a kid because of Mark Grace and having Bryant take it from faceless nameless first base coach would be ideal. You know, for me again. It's all about me.

1 (Jones)
2 (Mallee)
4 (Martinez)
9 (Baez AAA)
15 (Denorfia DL)
17 (Hyde)
18 (Wada DL)
21 (Lake AAA)
22 (RIP Doubront)
25 (Bosio)
29 (RIP Samardzija)
32 (Beeler DL)
35 (Strode)
38 (Turner DL)

Place your bets now.

We used to do POLLS around here, c'mon.

Put me down for 17.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2403 on: April 08, 2015, 09:25:31 AM »
...if the Cubs get swept by the Cardinals, I am looking forward to Eli having an EPIC MELTDOWN on the internet when Cubs twitter tells us all to relax, stay calm, control our emotions, and keep the long-term plan in mind since it's only 3 games.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2404 on: April 08, 2015, 09:28:33 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 08, 2015, 09:25:31 AM
...if the Cubs get swept by the Cardinals, I am looking forward to Eli having an EPIC MELTDOWN on the internet when Cubs twitter tells us all to relax, stay calm, control our emotions, and keep the long-term plan in mind since it's only 3 games.

Actually only two games, with the rainout.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2405 on: April 08, 2015, 09:28:41 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 07, 2015, 07:36:02 PM
Quote from: Sterling Archer on April 07, 2015, 05:51:27 PM

1 (Jones)
2 (Mallee)
4 (Martinez)
9 (Baez AAA)
15 (Denorfia DL)
17 (Hyde)
18 (Wada DL)
21 (Lake AAA)
22 (RIP Doubront)
25 (Bosio)
29 (RIP Samardzija)
32 (Beeler DL)
35 (Strode)
38 (Turner DL)

Place your bets now.

We used to do POLLS around here, c'mon.

Put me down for 17.

#17 for me.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2406 on: April 08, 2015, 09:29:35 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 08, 2015, 09:28:33 AM

Yeah, this is kind of a non-starter. Sorry, RV.

Edit: Also, I think they'll win tonight if they get the game in, so THERE. Arrieta owns the Cardinals.

R-V

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2407 on: April 08, 2015, 09:40:01 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 08, 2015, 09:29:35 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 08, 2015, 09:28:33 AM

Yeah, this is kind of a non-starter. Sorry, RV.

Well I was bound to have a shitty post one of these years.

Anyway, I do agree with the point that taking the emotion out of being a sports fan is a bizarre concept. And I have been enjoying your Bleacher Nation subtweets. That's the whole all I was trying to get across.

CBStew

• Most people my age are dead.
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2408 on: April 08, 2015, 09:49:56 AM »
...going to the men's room at Wrigley has always been an experience.  And not in a good way.
If I had known that I was going to live this long I would have taken better care of myself.   (Plagerized from numerous other folks)

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2409 on: April 08, 2015, 09:50:44 AM »
Quote from: R-V on April 08, 2015, 09:40:01 AM
Anyway, I do agree with the point that taking the emotion out of being a sports fan is a bizarre concept. And I have been enjoying your Bleacher Nation subtweets. That's the whole all I was trying to get across.

I'll try to keep it up, as long as someone finds it entertaining.

And yeah, that's my main point with all my Bleacher Nation subtweeting (which I'm sure he hasn't seen since he's currently on a not-following-me cycle, which has repeated itself no less than 11 times). No one likes a full-time meatball, but this whole "Based primarily on geography, we're rooting for an ever-changing group of people to whom we have no real personal connection -- let's try to be rational about it, OK?" thing is so self-serious. If someone gets pissed off about the team looking bad on Opening Day, it doesn't mean they're less of a fan than you are.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2410 on: April 08, 2015, 10:22:31 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 08, 2015, 09:50:44 AM

And yeah, that's my main point with all my Bleacher Nation subtweeting (which I'm sure he hasn't seen since he's currently on a not-following-me cycle, which has repeated itself no less than 11 times). No one likes a full-time meatball, but this whole "Based primarily on geography, we're rooting for an ever-changing group of people to whom we have no real personal connection -- let's try to be rational about it, OK?" thing is so self-serious. If someone gets pissed off about the team looking bad on Opening Day, it doesn't mean they're less of a fan than you are.

I am really kind of reaching the point where I think Brett's just a much smarter Yellon. Maybe he doesn't whip out the banhammer but he gets extremely pissy and defensive if you disagree with him (anyone catch his exchange with Andy a while back when Andy made an Andy comment about Brett opining that "at some point, some injury will happen to the Cubs"? It was cringe worthy), and he does a lot of lecturing and stuff about how people should behave. It's irritating.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

World's #1 Astros Fan

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2411 on: April 08, 2015, 10:26:14 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 08, 2015, 10:22:31 AM

I am really kind of reaching the point where I think Brett's just a much smarter Yellon. Maybe he doesn't whip out the banhammer but he gets extremely pissy and defensive if you disagree with him (anyone catch his exchange with Andy a while back when Andy made an Andy comment about Brett opining that "at some point, some injury will happen to the Cubs"? It was cringe worthy), and he does a lot of lecturing and stuff about how people should behave. It's irritating.

No, but I'd appreciate a link.
Just a sloppy, undisciplined team.  Garbage.

--SKO, on the 2018 Chicago Cubs

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2412 on: April 08, 2015, 10:33:43 AM »
Quote from: PANK! on April 08, 2015, 10:26:14 AM

Start here: https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/status/571733555300212740 but be sure to read his subsequent butthurt tweets and not just his replies to Andy

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2413 on: April 08, 2015, 10:49:16 AM »

Sorry you're a dud, Eli.

I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

Yeti

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2414 on: April 08, 2015, 10:50:20 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 08, 2015, 10:33:43 AM
Quote from: PANK! on April 08, 2015, 10:26:14 AM

Start here: https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/status/571733555300212740 but be sure to read his subsequent butthurt tweets and not just his replies to Andy

All I got for that day is
Quote from: AndyOh sorry. I didn't mean to rain on your profundity of the inevitable. @BleacherNation
Quote from: @desipiodotcom You didn't rain, and I wasn't being profound. Hope that helps!

Comments from the day
Quote from: Apparently I just jinxed a no-hitter by talking about it.
Quote from: Meh. Some Cubs fans, right now, have a strange sense of invulnerability. Don't want them to explode when someone strains a calf.

Hey, Eli! You may be a dud! https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/status/571735457194745856 I don't feel like searching for the tweets of the deleted user, but:
Quote from: I change my follows regularly to try and hear from new (possible) Cubs fans. Sometimes, that lands on duds.

EDIT: A proper FACE teaches one to look at the replies while you were posting