News:

OK A-holes.  It's fixed.  Enjoy the orange links, because I have no fucking idea how to change them.  I basically learned scripting in four days to fix this damned thing. - Andy

Main Menu

Author Topic: I admit it...  ( 593,531 )

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
Re: I admit it...
« Reply #2415 on: April 08, 2015, 10:55:58 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 08, 2015, 10:49:16 AM
Quote from: Eli on April 08, 2015, 09:50:44 AM
Quote from: R-V on April 08, 2015, 09:40:01 AM
Anyway, I do agree with the point that taking the emotion out of being a sports fan is a bizarre concept. And I have been enjoying your Bleacher Nation subtweets. That's the whole all I was trying to get across.

I'll try to keep it up, as long as someone finds it entertaining.

And yeah, that's my main point with all my Bleacher Nation subtweeting (which I'm sure he hasn't seen since he's currently on a not-following-me cycle, which has repeated itself no less than 11 times). No one likes a full-time meatball, but this whole "Based primarily on geography, we're rooting for an ever-changing group of people to whom we have no real personal connection -- let's try to be rational about it, OK?" thing is so self-serious. If someone gets pissed off about the team looking bad on Opening Day, it doesn't mean they're less of a fan than you are.

Sorry you're a dud, Eli.

I'd like to hear the baseball opinions of Huge Bitch 3
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2416 on: April 08, 2015, 11:04:00 AM »
How many Twitter girl fights are you grown ass men going to keep getting into? What is the point of it all, really? It seems like there are posters here that have problems with everyone that has a blog on the Cubs.

Maybe I don't spend a lot of time in the comments section of one of Brett's six thousand BN posts per day to know how he reacts to his detractors. I don't get a Yellon vibe from his articles.

Also, the preoccupation with that loser Al Yellon is something you guys might want to get checked out.

And I say all of this knowing full well how terrible I am at being on Desipio.
IAN/YETI 2012!  "IT MEANS WHAT WE SAY IT MEANS!"

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2417 on: April 08, 2015, 11:06:30 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 08, 2015, 11:04:00 AM
How many Twitter girl fights are you grown ass men going to keep getting into? What is the point of it all, really? It seems like there are posters here that have problems with everyone that has a blog on the Cubs.

Maybe I don't spend a lot of time in the comments section of one of Brett's six thousand BN posts per day to know how he reacts to his detractors. I don't get a Yellon vibe from his articles.

Also, the preoccupation with that loser Al Yellon is something you guys might want to get checked out.

I approve of this post.
I can't believe I even know these people. I'm ashamed of my internet life.

InternetApex

• Still Diggin'
  • Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2418 on: April 08, 2015, 11:09:05 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 08, 2015, 11:06:30 AM

I approve of this post.

I approve as well.
The 39th Tenet of Pexism: True in the game as long as blood is blue in my vein.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2419 on: April 08, 2015, 11:19:37 AM »

To be fair I've never actually interacted with Brett at all. I follow him because he has good info, which makes him roughly 10.8 million times better than Yellon. I just have seen him get overly defensive and pissy sometimes and l get tired of seeing him scream CALM DOWN EVERYONE before I've actually seen anyone who needs calming down. Just an observation, really. He seems like a nice guy and all, I just think he takes things too seriously.
I will vow, for the sake of peace, not to complain about David Ross between now and his first start next year- 10/26/2015

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2420 on: April 08, 2015, 11:25:15 AM »
Quote from: InternetApex on April 08, 2015, 11:09:05 AM

I approve of this post.

I approve as well.

Could you three get together and give us a list of topics that are acceptable to discuss and/or joke about on the Internet?

Richard Chuggar

• TJG is back!
  • Fukakke Fan Club
« Reply #2421 on: April 08, 2015, 11:29:50 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 08, 2015, 11:25:15 AM
Quote from: InternetApex on April 08, 2015, 11:09:05 AM

I approve of this post.

I approve as well.

Could you three get together and give us a list of topics that are acceptable to discuss and/or joke about on the Internet?

1.  Not this
Because when you're fighting for your man, experience is a mutha'.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2422 on: April 08, 2015, 11:36:17 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 08, 2015, 11:19:37 AM

To be fair I've never actually interacted with Brett at all. I follow him because he has good info, which makes him roughly 10.8 million times better than Yellon. I just have seen him get overly defensive and pissy sometimes and l get tired of seeing him scream CALM DOWN EVERYONE before I've actually seen anyone who needs calming down. Just an observation, really. He seems like a nice guy and all, I just think he takes things too seriously.

Now if you'll excuse SKO, he's off to write 6,000 words defending Jay Cutler from nobody.

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2423 on: April 08, 2015, 11:37:08 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 08, 2015, 11:36:17 AM

Now if you'll excuse SKO, he's off to write 6,000 words defending Jay Cutler from nobody.

In all of the times I have criticized other people have I ever said I'm not an asshole? Because I would never make that claim.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2424 on: April 08, 2015, 11:39:14 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 08, 2015, 11:37:08 AM

In all of the times I have criticized other people have I ever said I'm not an asshole? Because I would never make that claim.

I don't think Pen is calling you an asshole, even though you may be one. (I don't think you are one)

SKO

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2425 on: April 08, 2015, 11:41:31 AM »
Quote from: Powdered Toast Man on April 08, 2015, 11:39:14 AM
Quote from: SKO on April 08, 2015, 11:37:08 AM

I don't think Pen is calling you an asshole, even though you may be one. (I don't think you are one)

Oh I think I'm an arrogant, self-righteous ass and I have years of data to prove it. But I certainly don't take myself seriously, and the vibe I get from Brett sometimes is that he gets a little defensive over comments that really wouldn't merit that response from me. Comparing him to Yellon was harsh, that's just the go-to standard for Blogger-Who-Takes-Himself-Too-Seriously. I like the guy's site, I just think he could learn to roll with the punches a bit sometimes.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2426 on: April 08, 2015, 11:46:31 AM »
Quote from: SKO on April 08, 2015, 11:41:31 AM
Oh I think I'm an arrogant, self-righteous ass and I have years of data to prove it. But I certainly don't take myself seriously, and the vibe I get from Brett sometimes is that he gets a little defensive over comments that really wouldn't merit that response from me. Comparing him to Yellon was harsh, that's just the go-to standard for Blogger-Who-Takes-Himself-Too-Seriously. I like the guy's site, I just think he could learn to roll with the punches a bit sometimes.

I think Brett still has far and away the best Cubs blog out there. Just because there are things he does that I find annoying doesn't mean I hate 100% of him or his entire persona. But you, nuance and the Internet and all.

PenFoe

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2427 on: April 08, 2015, 11:47:30 AM »
Quote from: Eli on April 08, 2015, 11:46:31 AM

I think Brett still has far and away the best Cubs blog out there. Just because there are things he does that I find annoying doesn't mean I hate 100% of him or his entire persona. But you, nuance and the Internet and all.

Do you think it's far and away better than Cubs Den? 

They're pretty interchangeable to me - I think Cubs Den does a better job with the farm system, maybe BN a little better with the Cubs.

Powdered Toast Man

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2428 on: April 08, 2015, 11:51:21 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 08, 2015, 11:47:30 AM

They're pretty interchangeable to me - I think Cubs Den does a better job with the farm system, maybe BN a little better with the Cubs.

I think BN can be a better read only because Cubs Den is a little rough around the edges grammatically...could be just me picking nits though. Their content is strong.

Eli

• Johnny Evers Fan Club
« Reply #2429 on: April 08, 2015, 11:51:56 AM »
Quote from: PenFoe on April 08, 2015, 11:47:30 AM

IAN kind of already touched on this, but I think BN is a lot more polished and in-depth. Admittedly, I don't read Cubs Den as often, so maybe that's not a fair assessment. But a lot of what I've seen is pretty bloggy, which isn't necessarily bad, but doesn't distinguish itself.